Papa Smurf had a REAL GOOD WEEKEND!!!!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't heard since, but my sis reported that her husband and his group had five on the ground during MN's opener. They usually spend a full week hunting in northern Minnetucky, so I'm guessing there's been more blood shed since.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy smokes Kirk, you weren't kidding! What a weekend. One for the memory banks. Your smoker is going to be putting in some SERIOUS OT in the near future...

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our Minnesota hunt went pretty well, despite the crummy weather on the opener. For the second year in a row, my wife shot her buck and mine and I got stuck with all of the work :;:huh

I was reading the Minnesota DNR's weekly game warden reports and got a kick out of this one:

CO Dustie Speldrich (Willow River) received hunting over bait TIPs and multiple complaints of target shooting rifles within the 5-day window for firearms deer season. The law reads "A person may not possess a firearm or ammunition outdoors during the period beginning the fifth day before the open firearms season and ending the second day after the close of the season within an area where deer may be taken by a firearm." There are some exceptions however, "I'm from Wisconsin" is not one of them. The firearms deer opener was spent handling hunting deer with the aid of bait complaints. Several citations were issued and firearms were seized for the violations. CO Speldrich investigated calls of hunter harassment, trespassing, and mistaking antlerless deer for antlered deer. She also assisted in a shooting from a roadway call where the shooter shot at a deer from Interstate 35.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
shooting a deer from I-35 is ballsy, hilarious, and so Minnesota.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“10 pointer”... ha ha ha

I tried explaining the east vs west antler lingo to my wife and my mom. Now they both use eastern lingo on purpose just to get on my nerves.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It sounds like you had a great family get together and hunt. I see a lot of wonderful dinners coming up this fall and winter for you guys.

I'm envious of you getting to spend time like this with family, enjoy it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84