What will you focus on this open water season?

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Since I'm not capable of catching river walleye, I think a few trips to DL this spring to try for my back-to-back limits of 7+ pound walleyes. That should fill the freezer nicely.

Other than that, I'll continue focus on getting the kids out on the water as much as possible.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I'm not capable of catching river walleye, I think a few trips to DL this spring to try for my back-to-back limits of 7+ pound walleyes. That should fill the freezer nicely.

Other than that, I'll continue focus on getting the kids out on the water as much as possible.

:;:stirthepot

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck, years ago fished Peck three or four times a year. Big fish and wide open fishing opportunities. Caught a 4 1/2 pound smally while walleye fishing, on my wall. Different trips but caught 16 and 18 pound lakers. Try fishing deeper than locals suggest for lakers and around York Island. Also caught 19 pound salmon on same day as 18 laker. Right after landing salmon boat next to us caught 27 pound salmon. Peck has big healthy fish. Wish it was closer!

- - - Updated - - -

2018 plan is learn my new lead core setup. Pull some Rapala Flat Raps learned from You Tube Al Linder video. Can fish them slower than traditional crank is appealing to me. Although they may have been discontinued. Fish Devils Lake on long weekend. Have not been there for twenty years. Torn about this because Sak is unreal. Please do not let the South Dakota Oahe fisherman know!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Focus on more the key to life

- - - Updated - - -

Fireball bitches

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking I should pull some cranks more this summer. I started getting set up for is a couple years ago and just haven't gotten around to doing it. The old BB and plain hook or spinners have worked so well for me that I have a hard time trying something new. It doesn't help that my buddy that I fish with a lot hasn't done much cranking either so we both are a little gun shy of trying.

On that note, do any of you guys use the Precision Trolling app? Is it worth the coin and does it update for new baits? I actually have a hard copy.

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard Wahoo is the cat's meow as well.

I would love to catch one, just to look at it.

When I was a kid, my dad bought me a "Guide to the Worlds Fishes" book, which was illustrated. No photos, just illustrations. I remember just staring at the wahoo, thinking "man, that has to be the coolest looking fish in the world".

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking I should pull some cranks more this summer. I started getting set up for is a couple years ago and just haven't gotten around to doing it. The old BB and plain hook or spinners have worked so well for me that I have a hard time trying something new. It doesn't help that my buddy that I fish with a lot hasn't done much cranking either so we both are a little gun shy of trying.

On that note, do any of you guys use the Precision Trolling app? Is it worth the coin and does it update for new baits? I actually have a hard copy.

Yes. I use the app. But instead of buying all of them, I only get it for cranks that I use. So I think I've spent around $10 instead of the full 100, but I do like the chart, but it's just a guide and not the rule. During late summer months, when the water temps are high, I pull cranks from 2.5-3mph and the chart goes right out the window.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catch a walleye this year to post on NDA to show that it is possible for me to catch one. Would really be a treat to catch a limit just to see how many of you hooligans fall off your chair in amazement.

:D

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catch a walleye this year to post on NDA to show that it is possible for me to catch one. Would really be a treat to catch a limit just to see how many of you hooligans fall off your chair in amazement.

:D

Keep your phone with you. I'll call you when even you can catch walleyes on the Sheyenne. (Grin)

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is nothing more rewarding than finding your own bite/pattern with nobody in sight

- - - Updated - - -

that said... a guy often limps home defeated or slinks into the community fishing hole to try to scratch out dinner

but I love trying to solve the puzzle on my own for at least half the outing or all day if I’m alone

This. Unfortunately for me, it often ends poorly, but when it goes well it feels damn good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33