Wood Duck

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who would be the best to mount a wood duck. Finally got a good one last weekend and am not sure where to take it. Have seen a few birds done by the gun in Sheyenne and like his work. Any other options will be considered also

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wayne Zespy in Lakota but you should call him first. I thought I heard a while back he is just taking fish now. Not sure. Be prepared to wait a while before you get it back though. He has my walleye. Been about a yr and a half now. Reminds me I need to call and get an update from him. At any rate..Zespy is top notch!

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had Wayne Zespy do one for me and it looks great. I also took him a hen and another drake and wanted all three mounted. Rather than just mount them as I wanted, he showed me how the second drake didn't have the nice bars towards the hip area. He said while it looks nice, it's not really a trophy so you might want to rethink it. Especially since the one was really nice. Instead he mounted it in a way that we can add the others later. Most people would have just mounted it and taken my money. I thought it was great he wanted to make sure what I ended up with and what he did looked its best.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zespy no longer takes birds or furs. He doesnt really want heads either anymore.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep last spri g when we took my brothers walleye there he said no more birds. Only fish

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dusty Sicble (Wet N Wild Taxidermy) did a wood duck for me a couple years ago, turned out very nice. He has a website

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chris Cantler at Aber Taxidermy did these for me.... You be the judge.

Mounts008.jpg

And these.....

Mounts009.jpg

Mounts002.jpg

Mounts017.jpg

Mounts018.jpg

Mounts020.jpg

Mounts015.jpg

Different Angles on two mounts.....

Mounts035.jpg

Mounts039.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic on the Black Duck, but you get the idea.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had Jeff Holmin in Nicolett MN do my wood duck in 1988. He is a world champion waterfowl taxidermist. Does truly amazing work. He mounted mine and put it in a wooden/glass display case. It is standing on driftwood on top of what appears to be frozen water with dead leaves and snow skiff. To this day it looks as good as the day he did it. It's beautiful. I highly recommend this guy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84