No licenses for non landowners

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I see it's official if you put in for buck in 2E last year you had zero chance of drawing one. There was also three or four units where all the doe tags were wiped out as well. I know gratis tags should take precedent but I don't feel it's right for them to take 100%. At the very least in my opinion it should be something like an 80/20 split.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;badidea:;:deadhorse:;:duel;:;blahblah;:;popcorn

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also be willing to provide the information who I could contact to address my disapproval thanks. At least then I can say that I tried to change such unfair standards.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
nevermind i found it, so i have a question for you guys, i was turned down for my first application for buck in 2c so i applied south of mandan after that for a left over doe tag and got that, do i not get a preference point for last year then because i got that doe tag? because im missing a point...

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rather they decimate the population. I love being able to drive 80 during the evening and morning without worrying about totaling the car.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO, fair would be to calculate the % public land in a specific unit and set those tags aside for the general lottery. So if there is a unit where 7% of the land is publicly owned land, then 7% of the tags remain available for the lottery. Landowners would obviously be able to apply for those tags like anyone else.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO, fair would be to calculate the % public land in a specific unit and set those tags aside for the general lottery. So if there is a unit where 7% of the land is publicly owned land, then 7% of the tags remain available for the lottery. Landowners would obviously be able to apply for those tags like anyone else.

That would be interesting. Is there ANY public land in 2E?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about we also calculate in amount of public dollars distributed to farmers in that unit as well! Oh I bet poked a hornets nest on that one!

Last edited:

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
nevermind i found it, so i have a question for you guys, i was turned down for my first application for buck in 2c so i applied south of mandan after that for a left over doe tag and got that, do i not get a preference point for last year then because i got that doe tag? because im missing a point...

You still get a preference point. You only lose them if you draw your first choice.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if non landowners get a tag the way land owners are posting every stick of land so non land owners could get a chance to fill their tag. The NDGF should step up and allow only so many land owners get a gratis tag but allow non owner residents to hunt their land in exchange for gratis tags, so if land owners don't want to open their land to non owners they shouldn't get to draw for a tag. It's time for change in the way we north dakotans favor those who seem to have entitlement. Also like a stated before on a other thread land owners getting multiple elk tags because they feel that NDGF has to cater to them because they have the herd. Should be one tag per person for life period. Good for the goose is good for the gander

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
based on gratis given out in 2014 and tags available in 2015, i knew there wasn't gonna be any tags available in 2E in 2015 for non landowners. i only put in so i could get another preference point. not sure what the solution would be. but, the above isn't such a bad idea. maybe its just me. but, numbers don't seem that low in 2E. if you do the math, i believe they gave out something like one tag for every 9-10 square miles. seems like a lot more deer around than that.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if non landowners get a tag the way land owners are posting every stick of land so non land owners could get a chance to fill their tag. The NDGF should step up and allow only so many land owners get a gratis tag but allow non owner residents to hunt their land in exchange for gratis tags, so if land owners don't want to open their land to non owners they shouldn't get to draw for a tag. It's time for change in the way we north dakotans favor those who seem to have entitlement. Also like a stated before on a other thread land owners getting multiple elk tags because they feel that NDGF has to cater to them because they have the herd. Should be one tag per person for life period. Good for the goose is good for the gander
Probably could set it up something like the ranching for wildlife programs but would need to take the guiding component out of it. Or we could just get a couple more winters like this one and everyone will forget the lean years!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive been saying for years that 160 acres is crazy for a gratis, they should change it to 640 = buck, 320 = doe for gratis. Wake up GF.... Its not the 1950's anymore. No legitimate farmers are farming on a quarter of land anyway....

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably could set it up something like the ranching for wildlife programs but would need to take the guiding component out of it. Or we could just get a couple more winters like this one and everyone will forget the lean years!

Absolutely then we wouldn't be more like minnesota where some land owners sell out their land to non land owners exclusive privileges to that section of land. Also land owners put precedence on certain bucks for stipulations on agreements.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
negative rep for that, I'll stay under my rock and be a minion, at least I'm not a pussy

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be interesting. Is there ANY public land in 2E?

yes. 2E runs from rugby to SW of Langdon. theres multiple large WPA's. not sections of land like out west but public land nonetheless. % wise I would bet its pretty low. 10% if even.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO if this becomes a long term deal of 0% chance of getting a tag it will be addressed but in the short term I don't think they will do anything about it. I would be okay with some sort of system as like others have said 2E is overwhelming private land

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 186
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84