Toybox

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I bettet share a great experience with one of our local buisnesses. 3 years ago I upgraded my Minnkota v2 power drive to the I- pilot. From day one anything using the gps would send it into the wicked spin of death. Spent hours on the phone with Minnkota, they even sent me out a new head thinking it was defective. No luck. Posted on here and guywhoissmarterthanmewithelectronics suggested it was a voltage drop. I put a new plug in all new wiring still a no go. Mentioned it to Keith at Toybox when I picked up my boat the other day. He asked about a metal tube that blocks interference from the power cables. This was not included with mine or any of the instructions I searched on line. He found one laying around the shop and gave it to me. I slid it over the power cable in the head and holy shit spot lock works! First time in 3yrs!

If anybody is looking for any work to be done on their boats I would highly recommend Toybox. They have a new location just south of the airport.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did such good work helping me fix up a used boat I bought I haven't been there in a long time

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
my only run in with Toy Box was when i took my boat in to have a non working livewell fill pump replaced. I know those are an easy fix for yourself but i'm not a contortionist. Two livewells in the boat and they replaced the wrong one. I jumped in the boat and cycled the fill pump before i left and it wasn't fixed. Went back in and told 'em they hadn't fixed the problem. Boat mechanic in the boat within minutes to getrdone...Don't know where the line of communication went wrong but it got taken care of.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds like these people want to keep your business in the future.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 152
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84