HELP--MinnKota Power Drive issues

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have 74# MinnKota Power Drive with co-pilot 24 volt system. So here I am Saturday going through my boat testing equipment, etc...! I get to checking my trolling motor. I take it out of the cradle position and put the unit a foot or two below the bow so the propeller won't hit the boat of trailer/strap. I plug in the power and get the little low-high beep indicating power is good. I then grab my co-pilot remote and turn it on. I get the normal "beep", then try to increase the propeller speed and nothing happens. Hmmmm....so then I try to turn it left or right....still nothing.

So I go the internet and read some forums and read to make sure prongs are clean, so I go ahead and get Q-tips and clean both male and female ends. plug back in...still nothing.

If this has happened to any of you, please share what the problem was. Also be sure to share if you were able to fix it did you have to take it somewhere to get it working. I was thinking about upgrading to Terrova with I-pilot, but I just upgraded my 5th wheel. I was hoping to upgrade trolling motor next year or two. #$%^&>

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know when my troll motor (terrova) does that its the battery connection. it starts out with the beep but as soon as I give it power its gone move the jumper a little to make good contact and I'm back in action.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It needs new battery in remote . It's a 2032 I believe . Happens to mine atleast inc a year I always have extras in the boat

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
OK...thanks for the tips. I did check my battery connections and gave them a wiggle, as they looked good. But I will try replacing the remote batteries once. I have 2 remotes and I thought I put new batteries in those last summer. I didn't get out as much I wanted, so thought they should still be good, as I bring them into the house during the winter. Otherwise, if that doesn't work I was referred to the gentleman over in Mandan who works on MinnKota's.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82