Well this is going to get interesting

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Governor Dalrymple Signs Emergency Evacuation Order for Protest Camp

Governor Jack Dalrymple today signed an emergency evacuation order out of concern for the safety of people who are camping on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land in southern Morton County.
The emergency order addresses safety concerns and the potential danger to human life for those camping on federal property without proper shelter during harsh winter conditions.

In the order, Dalrymple notes that the Corps has required campers to vacate the federal property for safety reasons, and he shares his concern that severe weather conditions would impede access by emergency medical responders and other emergency services.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
DB your post brings back memories. I went to county school behind an old team pulling a stone boat with me wrapped in my grandpa's buffalo robe. The other memory is ducking under the stone boat when a shorthorn bull chased me luck ours had about a foot high runners. Every time the bull bunted it I had to crawl another three feet. We used ours more to clean barn than to haul rock. I can't ever remember hauling rocks with it.

I grew up on the Spirit Lake Res. We hired natives to haul bundles when we thrashed. They would bring their teams, sometimes mules. One time dad killed and butchered this really fat pig. They appeared to like the fat more than the meat. Not much work got done that day. The last half of the day was a long line at the outhouse.

Last edited:

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Governor Dalrymple Signs Emergency Evacuation Order for Protest Camp

Governor Jack Dalrymple today signed an emergency evacuation order out of concern for the safety of people who are camping on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land in southern Morton County.
The emergency order addresses safety concerns and the potential danger to human life for those camping on federal property without proper shelter during harsh winter conditions.

In the order, Dalrymple notes that the Corps has required campers to vacate the federal property for safety reasons, and he shares his concern that severe weather conditions would impede access by emergency medical responders and other emergency services.

So basically our do-nothing governor is piggy-backing on the corps do-nothing stance? Order them to leave but won't actually force them to leave??? What a bunch of shit. Hopefully Mother Nature will do the job that these chicken shits won't/can't do.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not certain our governor, who is a state official has jurisdiction to tell anyone to leave federal land anyway.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the sounds of it next week may be rather brisk. Real winter weather.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if he had jurisdiction how would he clear the camp? 400 cops trying to move 4,000 protesters yeah good luck with that one. best they could do is block off the camp and make it so that once a car leaves they can't get back in. this isn't some little road bed where the cops can line up shoulder to shoulder and push them out. This camp is over a quarter mile wide and a half mile long and heavily occupied. look how hard it was to push a hundred people out of a tiny little camp 6 weeks ago so this one would put far to many cops in harms way and for what....to make them move a few hundred yards? thats allot of risk and with next to zero reward so I say let them freeze at lest it will give the boys in blue something entertaining to watch for awhile.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not certain our governor, who is a state official has jurisdiction to tell anyone to leave federal land anyway.

I think they are telling them they have to leave so they can't blame our state when their fingers fall off. They come from liberal states where moma gov holds their hand on the bathroom stool. Right about now I would call them pansies in hopes they do try stay. Go for it tinkerbells.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bahahaha that's Marvin Heemeyer! that was a fun day that's the town of granby Colorado which is the town i lived by when I was in CO. City council screwed him over so he put armor on his big cat and proceeded to flatten all of their business as well as the cop shop. Definitely entertaining that night as we sat on the deck a block up the hill drinking beer watching as Denver swat blew the tracks off of it and cut their way in.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ghost you done age yourself with your last comment.
yes it was mainly used for cleaning the barn every day. But for me I was too young for the horses and in the earlier 50 had a case s tractor.
i do remember hauling corn stalks in bundles but not grain. Mainly trailer for rocks but a lot of rocks to big so the stone boat was used.
Dad's main workers was a guy named Longie and a green from fort Totten. Did ride behind horses to school but that was in a cover skid wagon with a coal stove inside. There was a name for that but have long since forgot. Sometimes it feels good to go back to old memories and forget about all this PC we have today.
Still glad that I have not been in a haystack since the 60s but lifting bales was no fun either. I think I done pick every rock on that farm but they still keep coming. Rock picker today makes it a lot easier. Db

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

"They used the semi-truck the other night and we used a .338 Lapua to crack the engine block and had an Apache helicopter available for addition assistance. We raided the encampments a couple weeks ago and removed minors then placed them into protective custody. They are now learning work ethic and reading."

- - - Updated - - -

Ghost,

Db meant PG/Plainsman. My original reply to you was not the cropduster. It was another Ground Zero bitch. Damned if I could find a podcast of the show which put me on this crusade against this fear mongering Clyde Lewis tool.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The stoneboat brings back many memories, some not so good. Dad had two of them. One for cleaning out behind the milk cows when left in barn over night. The other one had a 300 gal water tank on it that we would fill with silage and haul to the cows feed bunks. Power plant used to pull it was a one hp Clydesdale buy the name of Dixie. She was a gentle giant, and her color markings would fit right in with the Budweiser team. In the winter she could pull more than our W D or A john deere. Not so easy to catch but always started, and a good hand warmer. Feet the size of large dinner plates. If you gave her an ear to corn she would put the whole thing in her mouth and chew, then spit out a clean offed cob. Dad also had a bobsled that we used when the roads got bad. Remembered going to school more than once and to town to the creamery with the cans of cream wrapped in blankets so they would not freeze. Pick up mail and what ever mom needed then head back home. You know life was simple back then and I sometimes long for those times again. They were good. :;:thumbsup

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ghost what I meant to say was with those memories you may not be a young. db

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say move in uphill from the camp and flood the bitch with water if they choose to stay.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that are wondering, the BisMan area is nearly white out conditions right now and roads are somewhat impassable (for some vehicles anyway). I hope the ones that weren't prepared had the good sense to leave. I suspect the ones that aren't prepared are probably the ones that aren't peaceful.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 188
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65