Well this is going to get interesting

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
All stores within 80 miles of this camp should not stock those little propane cylinders for like a month. This includes all of the Blue Rhino 20# exchange bottles. After all propane is a fossil fuel. If they are anti fossil fuel, then they need to rely on on wood only. Time to sit back and see the aftermath come Thursday. :;:help :;:huh

I was told walmart pulled the 1lb's from the shelf and the only way you can get a blue rhino was with an exchange. ( if you ask for a 1 lb they will get you one )

- - - Updated - - -

" Water is Life " but frozen water could be death

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
My coworker is waiting at the airport to get out of Bismarck. some Flights are cancelled but he might be able to get out today yet. He said the airport is full of protestors with cancelled flights and the ignorance is astounding.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bckhntr,

How about the scent? Can he find out out where they got convoy vehicles?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bckhntr,

How about the scent? Can he find out out where they got convoy vehicles?

waiting on a reply back.

1st response - doesn't answer your questions but...

he wonders who bought their tickets and that the world is full of stupid people and someone is sending them all to ND.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
now that its getting to be winter. any bets on when the first idiot falls the the thin ice that will form on cannonball river?

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Water levels have been pretty low all fall. Typical once the lake freezes over there is a pretty good increase in ice and water level around Bismarck due to the ice backup. Anyone know if the Cannonball area sees this and if any of the camps will see some flooding?

slyfish77

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should be able to cross the ice pretty much anywhere now, especially if they cross in large groups. :;:howdy ;:;boohoo

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying these folks don't bath?Just another reason to bring the fire hoses out.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
KFYR posted this now - coming up after the snow storm.

15259255_1134134409973030_1374201884670138909_o.png

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Water levels have been pretty low all fall. Typical once the lake freezes over there is a pretty good increase in ice and water level around Bismarck due to the ice backup. Anyone know if the Cannonball area sees this and if any of the camps will see some flooding?
That's pretty much a river thing and doesnt show up down there and the cannonball is to small to do much of it.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure but:
My dad took over his dad's farm in the 30s. Used the local natives for help in picking rock, building haystacks ect and I was thankful for that as picking rocks on a stone boat or building haystacks was a bitch in the hot sun by yourself.
They would come and visit from time to time. Dad bought whiskey bottles for them when they came on Sunday and probably before they were able to buy liquor in the 50s.
They also came and stole from us. One night as a young kid at 3am they were back up to the gas tank. Woke dad up and he told me to go back to sleep. In morning said it was part of the payment for them working for us and they came a lot.
I guess I learn a lot from the old man on this and life. Mom would get upset from time to time with the stealing and coming on Sunday but dad was comfortable with it. He spent a lot of time with them and consider them friends. One who worked a lot for dad would spent a lot of time sleeping in the house with us. But did start the house on fire one night and mom was really not happy then.

But it was what I grew up with along with all the crab and their ways. I feel this came from our government who said we will feed you, cloth you, house you and so forth. Now we are doing it with half of the populations. It is the way our government gets control of the people. I spent a lot to time with them hunting on their land.
I guess if they had a pipe going under my land I would have some concerns. Missile site built a trench across my dad's land and I know he had some major concerns when they left the trench open as it went through the pasture. But he did not fight it as we needed the missiles to fight Russia.
But this is a bunch of crab. The line needs to be finish. Times have changed. Yes they were dealt a bad deal but I cannot undo that. I can say a lot of the same things that happen in my life, my parents and my grandparents life. The Federal Land Bank which was a government agency took land from my great uncle. Guess he did not pay his loan but then my dad bought in back in the 40s. It just they kept 50% of the minerals.

Its hell it has come to this. The line will be built but our relationship will not be the same. Current problems started with our president, his color and chip on his shoulder and bring up all these old wounds along with all the outsiders coming in who hopefully will be gone soon along with their lies and people like Jane. (Maybe not use the hippie word as they were right with Vietnam, but I believe I did the right thing by going there, they were just lost in their ways with the pot) It has change my feeling towards the natives and not in a positive way. And I am sure it is the same for them.
What I am saying it is hell it came to this but the issue goes back long before this pipe line came. The line is just being used as an excuse. When it is done hopefully we all can find some peace. I do not want to die with all this hate. Let it snow and blow if that is what it takes. db

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good write, db-2, haven't heard of the stone boat since my Mom used to talk about them

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64