Well this is going to get interesting

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if it was just a timing thing but there were only about 1/3 as many protesters heading south on six today.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
No normally Sunday is one of the busiest and the vast majority of this crowd would be agnostic at best if not full-on atheist. it probably has something to do with how far they're coming from to get to the protest. Saturday tends to be more local states arriving like yesterday was shit tons of Soatas, Colorado and Montana where as Sundays are often California, Washington, Oregon and New York.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just hope our ND law enforcement has nothing to do with the removal. Let the Fed's bring in the army. I don't even want our ND guard troops used. IDK, this is not a good thing, hell just let them idiots stay where they are, Let the Feds come in and block the south bridge, let em out bun not back in, eventually they will run out of food.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Block the entrance then let mother nature take care of it. Oh and as they leave give them a present. A summons to be back in court for tresspassing.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
My personal preference would be to block it up on the hill but then that would block the the "free speech zone". wonder if the government knows how dumb that sounds since last time I checked the whole damn country is a free speech zone. my main reason for wanting it further north is so storms like this could eventually all but block the road and make for one shitty walk in. you would also then have to block off people coming in via the sacred stone camp but again it's blocking the F.S.Z. so in the end is not an option. my guess is this will be like the red warrior camp and the government is just making the order to cover their own ass and have no intention of moving anyone. I did like it when I saw a few headlines that said Obama administration orders protest camps closed...so at least the blame starts going in the right direction.

slyfish77

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a Subaru with Oregon plates and packed full of crap pass me the other day headed west on hiway 12. Was'nt wasting any time, speeding ticket would have made a nice souvineer for them. Get while the gettin's good, I hope. :;:howdy

Last edited:

campcook

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are attracting "the spawn from Woodstock" useless ingrates with absolutely no moral compass.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
in reality it would be easy as hell to run them off the camp on corp land. Just have job service go set up a booth at the entrance of the camp. There would be vapor trails on all of their asses heading down the road

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see this happening, someone will get frostbite, or freeze to death, and the rest of these dumb asses will place blame on someone other then themselves;:;badidea......................... I would just tell them:;:sorry and that they should of left while the leaving was good.........................Come on cold and snow!:;:rockit

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
And they "clarified" their position (the A.C.E.)

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/US-Army-Corps-of-Engineers-clarifies-stance-on-Dakota-Access-Pipeline-protest-camp-403272286.html

On November 25, 2016, after coordination with Tribal leaders involved in the ongoing protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline on which some of the land is currently leased to a local rancher for grazing, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers notified Tribal leaders throughout the Missouri River basin by letter that areas of Corps-managed federal property north of the Cannonball River will be closed to the public effective December 5, 2016. The Army Corps of Engineers is seeking a peaceful and orderly transition to a safer location, and has no plans for forcible removal. But those who choose to stay do so at their own risk as emergency, fire, medical, and law enforcement response cannot be adequately provided in these areas. Those who remain will be considered unauthorized and may be subject to citation under federal, state, or local laws. This will reduce the risk of harm to people in the encampments caused the harsh North Dakota winter conditions

This transition is also necessary to protect the general public from the dangerous confrontations between demonstrators and law enforcement officials which have occurred near this area. “Unfortunately, it is apparent that more dangerous groups have joined this protest and are provoking conflict in spite of the public pleas from Tribal leaders. We are working to transition those engaged in peaceful protest from this area and enable law enforcement authorities to address violent or illegal acts as appropriate to protect public safety,” said Omaha District Commander, Col. John Henderson.

The Army Corps of Engineers has never been able to legally issue a permit for the Oceti Sakowin camp north of the Cannonball River due to the pre-existing grazing lease to a local rancher. However, the Corps has established an area on land south of the Cannonball River for anyone wishing to peaceably protest the Dakota Access pipeline project. In this area, jurisdiction for police, fire, and medical response is better-defined since it is located inside of the Reservation boundary making it a more sustainable area for visitors to endure the harsh North Dakota winter.
“I am very concerned for the safety and well-being of all citizens at these encampments on Corps-managed federal land, and we want to make sure people are in a safe place for the winter,” said Henderson. “We fully support the rights of all Americans to exercise free speech and peacefully assemble, and we ask that they do it in a way that does not also endanger themselves or others, or infringe on others’ rights.”
In the letter and ongoing discussions with Tribal leadership, the Corps will continue to encourage everyone located in this area to peacefully move to the free speech zone south of the Cannonball River or to a more sustainable location for the winter. The Army Corps of Engineers and the Bureau of Indian Affairs will continue to work with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to support a winter camp on trust land already identified by the Tribe.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bah ha ha, ACE won't make them leave either. Do they really think these protesters give a rats ass if they get arrested or get a ticket. Good luck getting them to pay the fine. What a bunch of dip shits! ;:;boozer

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like they might get a good downpour before it freezes and turns to snow and ice. The statement from the COE brings uo the issue of emergency services. I wonder how many roads they can neglect to plow. The ones with trucks will still get around but i imagine there could be a fair amount of Priuses in the ditch.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
And they "clarified" their position (the A.C.E.)

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/US-Army-Corps-of-Engineers-clarifies-stance-on-Dakota-Access-Pipeline-protest-camp-403272286.html

On November 25, 2016, after coordination with Tribal leaders involved in the ongoing protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline on which some of the land is currently leased to a local rancher for grazing, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers notified Tribal leaders throughout the Missouri River basin by letter that areas of Corps-managed federal property north of the Cannonball River will be closed to the public effective December 5, 2016. The Army Corps of Engineers is seeking a peaceful and orderly transition to a safer location, and has no plans for forcible removal. But those who choose to stay do so at their own risk as emergency, fire, medical, and law enforcement response cannot be adequately provided in these areas. Those who remain will be considered unauthorized and may be subject to citation under federal, state, or local laws. This will reduce the risk of harm to people in the encampments caused the harsh North Dakota winter conditions

This transition is also necessary to protect the general public from the dangerous confrontations between demonstrators and law enforcement officials which have occurred near this area. “Unfortunately, it is apparent that more dangerous groups have joined this protest and are provoking conflict in spite of the public pleas from Tribal leaders. We are working to transition those engaged in peaceful protest from this area and enable law enforcement authorities to address violent or illegal acts as appropriate to protect public safety,” said Omaha District Commander, Col. John Henderson.

The Army Corps of Engineers has never been able to legally issue a permit for the Oceti Sakowin camp north of the Cannonball River due to the pre-existing grazing lease to a local rancher. However, the Corps has established an area on land south of the Cannonball River for anyone wishing to peaceably protest the Dakota Access pipeline project. In this area, jurisdiction for police, fire, and medical response is better-defined since it is located inside of the Reservation boundary making it a more sustainable area for visitors to endure the harsh North Dakota winter.
“I am very concerned for the safety and well-being of all citizens at these encampments on Corps-managed federal land, and we want to make sure people are in a safe place for the winter,” said Henderson. “We fully support the rights of all Americans to exercise free speech and peacefully assemble, and we ask that they do it in a way that does not also endanger themselves or others, or infringe on others’ rights.”
In the letter and ongoing discussions with Tribal leadership, the Corps will continue to encourage everyone located in this area to peacefully move to the free speech zone south of the Cannonball River or to a more sustainable location for the winter. The Army Corps of Engineers and the Bureau of Indian Affairs will continue to work with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to support a winter camp on trust land already identified by the Tribe.
In other words, they ain't going anywhere.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to state the obvious. But how about pipeline company, ac of e and law enforcement just up and leaving? Serious! The paid protesters would be gone in no time. Any damage to equipment left would be negible compared to what this is costing. Come next construction season there will be a new man in office. My.02

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see this happening, someone will get frostbite, or freeze to death, and the rest of these dumb asses will place blame on someone other then themselves;:;badidea......................... I would just tell them:;:sorry and that they should of left while the leaving was good.........................Come on cold and snow!:;:rockit
yea like a concussion bomb that creates intense cold and freezes em

- - - Updated - - -

Bah ha ha, ACE won't make them leave either. Do they really think these protesters give a rats ass if they get arrested or get a ticket. Good luck getting them to pay the fine. What a bunch of dip shits! ;:;boozer
their damn goal is to get arrested.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like they might get a good downpour before it freezes and turns to snow and ice. The statement from the COE brings uo the issue of emergency services. I wonder how many roads they can neglect to plow. The ones with trucks will still get around but i imagine there could be a fair amount of Priuses in the ditch.
Is it wrong that this radar echo makes me smile! Get those tents nice and wet before you freeze them down. Man would I love to see that lake muck they are camping on get nice and muddy below the snow that will act like a blanket! Man if that happens those preus driver will be shit out of luck!

Screenshot_20161127-182334.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So we doing a betting pool on how long before someone down there either gets carbon monoxide poisoning and or sets their tent/camper on fire from a portable heater?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
updated forecast calling for around 14" for cannonball. 30-40 mph winds too I think. that'll put a damper on this little party.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now if all the hotels tell all the out of staters that smell like pachouli and ass to get the f*** out of here we'll be all set!

I read a article the other day that seemed to be pulled down. It said one of the SD tribes leaders were encouaging them to not spend money in Bismarck/ Mandan.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
updated forecast calling for around 14" for cannonball. 30-40 mph winds too I think. that'll put a damper on this little party.

Damn double edged sword.....I want them to be buried underneath the biggest snowstorm since April of 1997 but in so doing pretty much makes deer hunting a total bitch. This much snow and wind I'm sure the deer will be easy to find after but a bitch to get too!

- - - Updated - - -

Now if all the hotels tell all the out of staters that smell like pachouli and ass to get the f*** out of here we'll be all set!

I read a article the other day that seemed to be pulled down. It said one of the SD tribes leaders were encouaging them to not spend money in Bismarck/ Mandan.

Yeah that was Cheyenne River Standing Rocks sister reservation to the south.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64