Spinners

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
obviously

WGI_0118.jpg

Thus my plea! Oh great BBers of NDA, help this fish-less sap learn the ways of BB-ing the almighty walleye.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BB with spinners and slow death hooks, 1/2 to 3/4 crawler, or single hook #4 red with a leech behind a floating spinner is what I start with. I keep track of what color spinner has worked on different lakes and what time of year I used them. Wish I knew how tp upload pictures cause I would show you what I make and use. #$%^&>

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the guys saying they like to use big blades on Sak, how big are you talking? Size 5, 6, even 7?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never use heavier then 1oz even in 50+ mostly I'm trolling with a 1/4 to 1/2oz in 5-20 ft of water and I stay under 1mph if possible

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thus my plea! Oh great BBers of NDA, help this fish-less sap learn the ways of BB-ing the almighty walleye.

We could probably work something out but I don't think guy will ever let you bobber fish with him ever again:tubefishin:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

My go to is a half ounce BB with a spinner or smile blade. Use a good snap swivel to prevent twisted tangled messes.

I know I have the right weight when I can lift my rod tip up and then drop it to the bottom and feel it hit. I also pump it sometimes to trigger strikes. Those walleyed love the pause no matter if it's a spinner , jig, or crank.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tie my own. 6' long, most of my rigs are slow death rigs, but I do tie a few spools up for use with minnows and leeches. Pink and green beads or pink and black beads with a hot pink blade when they are biting on leeches. I use a lot of hammered silver and hammered brass along with a decent selection of blades that can only be found at The Outfitters up on north hill.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now mostly Missouri River until June..I loves me a small size prop with 2 beads on a crawler setup, chartreuse w 2 pink beads drifted .6 up to 1.2 as water warms or straight chartreuse, once the speed needs to be faster a genuine gold plated hammered with orange and glow or orange and gold beads is a great go to, sure way to piss off the people around ya

as far as weight on bb...nothing under 1.5 oz, keeps it right under ya so you can jig out of the way

Last edited:

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think I do I feal bottom just fine my dead stick I let out a little more if I decide to throw a 1/4 oz on long line it

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depending on blade you know alot of them won't even spin at 1 mph. If you are talking slow death carry on.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good topic guys!! I use anything from a 3/4oz the 1 1/2oz BBs depending on the wind and depth. My problem when I put a certain color on, I tend to leave it on and not switch. After reading this thread, I will have to change it up more often. Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used slow deaths almost exclusively last year. Never had a problem. However, a yellow gamakatsu octopus hook and a bb did well too.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
.5 bb slip bb killer in sak especially when u have low winds. The key to heavy to light is wind conditions

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tie my own as well. bout 6ft 12lb floro leader. I'm really starting to like the Smile Blades with slow death and crawler like stated before. The smile blades spin a lot easier at slow speeds too. Great for a slow drift.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I tie my own with 10lb floro, generally gold/green/orange, but will mix it up with other colors if no bites. One thing I used to do is use the quick change clevis...but switched back to regular last year....I found on days when I need to pull slower, like less than 1mph, the regular clevis spins much better than the quick change...the quick change take more speed to get a good consistent spin. So, I just tie a bunch of different colors and switch out the whole rig when I want to change.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5