Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure looks to me like there are dents and creases and a bunch of rivets literally sheared off. That doesn't happen from normal use on a 3 year old boat. This thing looks like it took a ride down the pavement to me, so i guess technically he may not have "hit anything". My 25 year old lund looks 100 time's better than this thing and has run aground plenty of times.

I have seen boats that have rolled off the trailer, down the concrete ramp, and hit the water. They looked similar to what this boat looks like. Maybe that's what happened, just a theory

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
The missing paint and rows of missing rivets are from pounding waves and severe flexing of the hull repeatedly. So much flexing it finally caused the transom crack. My guess is this boat has a max HP or close to it on it also.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet I could run over same tree and not miss a river. Damn Lund's r so thin and they use that russion alum

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went back and actually looked at the pictures instead of just noticing the scratches and yes there are a lot of rivets missing which usually indicates hitting something. At this point just tell your insurance you hit some floating debris in the river and ended on a sandbar. Easy enough and from looking was true at some point.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep i retract my statement seems riverfisher was trying to break the dick off in valleys ass. I have seen 1979 mr pikes with less damage

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep i retract my statement seems riverfisher was trying to break the dick off in valleys ass. I have seen 1979 mr pikes with less damage

you keep bringing up this broken dick / ass analogy... something on your mind dude... we won't judge

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
However everything that has been said about vallely and their lack of service still holds true. It's funny how most people on here have the same stories about them.

Snowrider73

My 1999 isn't that beat up. Take care of your equip son. Unless daddy bought it for you. Lol. I have been very happy with the care I get at Valley Parts guy's are awesome.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have seen boats that have rolled off the trailer, down the concrete ramp, and hit the water. They looked similar to what this boat looks like. Maybe that's what happened, just a theory
rivets missing on both sides fairly near keel though

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
After seeing the pictures, unfortunately, that isn't boat dealers or Lunds fault.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That boat looks just fine, get some flex seal, that shit will put you right back in the water hitting logs, sand bars, and all the hundreds of other things you hit...haha :;:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Hey look, there's a rock pile and some logs. Let's go run them over." Ha ha

If that boat still has the original lower unit and prop, I'd eat one of my son's 5 pound diapers.

This thread is great, BTW.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy cow, I high centered my Lund on a large rock last year when a 30 mph crosswind got the best of me at a ramp. It sounded and felt like I was doing some major harm to the boat as it teeter-tottered for 30 seconds. When I got it on the trailer and went to inspect it, I was amazed at how little it was dinged.

Which really leaves me wondering what the heck I would have to actually do to shear off rivets on a Lund hull.

It's a 2004 Fisherman and to this day if water doesn't come over the bow, she's not got a drop in her when I pull the plug at the end of a long day on the water.

Oh yeah, and the transom is still solid too!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm willing to bet that this boat is either a salvage boat that the OP bought and is looking to get repaired on someone else's dime, or one he damaged somehow. He took it to Vallely and they told him no, so here he is throwing them under the bus online.

The only way to get hull damage like that is from sliding down concrete or the boat getting washed off a boat lift during a storm. Looking at the bilge I think it sat in water for a little while.

What an asshole!

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
rivets missing on both sides fairly near keel though

well the lund I saw that dropped off the trailer on the ramp had the crack and separation at the plug hole very similar to this one. Also had some rivets sheared off on the bottom, not near as bad as this boat though. I cant explain all the damage, I just don't see all of the damage occurring because of waves and hitting a sandbar. Maybe the thing did cartwheels down the ramp and hit the water? Again just a theory

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88