Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it!....I keep checking this site to see if OP has a rebuttal. Either he's taking a monster power dump or he's in the corner of his closet in fetal position sucking his thumb.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
That boat looks just fine, get some flex seal, that shit will put you right back in the water hitting logs, sand bars, and all the hundreds of other things you hit...haha :;:

Thanks. I now have to clean my keyboard and monitor of the after lunch soda. You get my vote for winning the internet today.

As for the rest of this forum. ;:;popcorn

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had great luck with my lund,puddle jumper explorer and canadian trips for years,one spring while inspecting the hull I noticed a couple hairline cracks right where the rollers are located,never would've seen the cracks if I didn't have the rig jacked up for storage,brought the rig to the lund factory in new york mills,said it was a common issue with roller trailers and loading to much weight in the rig while traveling,hence the canadian trips with camping gear and the kitchen sink,well lund replaced the entire lower skin all covered by my home owners insurance.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen boats damaged by coming off a trailer and the transom by the drain hole was dented bad enough you struggle to get the plug in. This boat looks to me to have sat on concrete or rock pile with wave action for a while. I wonder what shears off factory rivets like that on a 2014 boat ? That takes effort.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the intercom:

"PAGING RIVERFISHER, I REPEAT, PAGING RIVERFISHER...COULD YOU PLEASE COME TO EXPLAIN YOUR LIES"

(this is in no way an endorsement of vallely, although i'm glad they threw the BS flag)

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was getting scared there for awhile. Bought a new 1850 from them in 2015. I haven't had any issues yet, but then again I don't drive mine down the highway like this one clearly had been.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy sheep shit batman he's aware that thing not an airboat or an argo right? Hell the only boat I've seen online latley in worse shape was the one that T boned the tree up on DL. I've always found its best not to try and drive the boat on dry land they seem to have issues with it for some reason.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
my 1979 mr. pike looks like new compared to that. well... i guess it is pretty much new inside and out. but, i don't think i have a single missing rivet. i also suspect a trip on pavement somewhere. maybe came off at the ramp and needed to drag it back up on the trailer. but, that looks a bit more severe than that even. the missing rivets between the gussets might suggest something else. sorry to vallellys for my earlier post. sort of. i pulled it nonetheless. but, i certainly have heard a lot of similar stories bout them over the years. maybe its just likely we are going to hear a lot of complaints given the volume they deal in. :;:huh

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 76 that has seen a lot of use and is starting to leak a little, but at least the rivets are all there still.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you keep bringing up this broken dick / ass analogy... something on your mind dude... we won't judge

would you rather have a broom handle maybe with a few splinters would make it sting a bit more no lube of course

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The boat's on bunks, I doubt it came off the trailer @ the ramp.

I'm going to theorize perhaps multiple trips up/over a low-head dam, with the final attempt possibly being thwarted by a falling water level.

Another possibility would be finding a sunken gravel road in one of the pot-hole region fish sloughs, perhaps multiple times.

My opinion of Brunswick customer service is still lower than a snake's ass in death valley.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Didn't the other site get their knickers in a pinch if a thread bashing Vallely's showed up? Hope you guys are not causing Vollmer to get a visit from guys in black clothes with collapsible batons! Wager that post 87 is where pronghorn is referenced.

Bring it on "black clother'ers", daddy's ready!

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can someone "sticky" this thread to the top? My god, what a classic in the making. Fake news?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
That boat looks just fine, get some flex seal, that shit will put you right back in the water hitting logs, sand bars, and all the hundreds of other things you hit...haha :;:

He should install a screen door on the bottom of that Lund and order up 50 cans.;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14