Thanks Little Minneapolis

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah well you better think about the ramifications if something like this passes too. There are currently laws in place to deal with situations you mentioned. Do you think it's OK to take someone's rights away if they have done nothing wrong? Yes it's unfortunate that someone should actually have to commit a crime before losing their rights but I would much rather live in a country like that then one where the government can just start stripping your rights because someone said you were a bad person. Do you see what kind of slippery slope that could create?

However, in today's world they are re-aligning crimes where a felon no longer serves a sentence in prison because now they're coined a 'non-violent' person. Drug Trafficking isn't considered a violent crime, yet look at the violence it creates in the community, schools, medical facilities, etc. The guy trafficking the drugs is the worst, even more so than the street guy selling individual packages.

As this occurs our society continues to erode because the standards are eroding as well.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Definitely a slippery slope, that's for sure. What other constitutional rights can I take away from someone if I think it's dangerous.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I guess that whole "Right to bear arms and shall not be infringed" stuff is all worthless then?? So we as a country start believing that it's OK to take the bear arms right away, how long before the free speech right is OK to take away?? I think all you knotheads that think taking someone's rights away without giving them a chance to defend themselves from charges need to do a bit more thinking on what they are really advocating. Then do a bit of research on "The Brown Shirts" of Nazi Germany and do a side by side comparison on the similarities. Thanks!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
img6081.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.grandforksherald.com/ne...ng-tool-or-gun-grabbing-maneuver-north-dakota

- - - Updated - - -

"Todd credited Hanson for building a “coalition of people from both sides of the aisle” to support the bill, including Senate Majority Leader Rich Wardner, R-Dickinson."

Thanks a lot Dickinson.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah well you better think about the ramifications if something like this passes too. There are currently laws in place to deal with situations you mentioned. Do you think it's OK to take someone's rights away if they have done nothing wrong? Yes it's unfortunate that someone should actually have to commit a crime before losing their rights but I would much rather live in a country like that then one where the government can just start stripping your rights because someone said you were a bad person. Do you see what kind of slippery slope that could create?

I agree with some of what you say, but how many times have we heard "why in the heck didn't they do something before it came to this"? If someone is threatening to harm themselves or someone else, do we let them do the something horrible, and then say okay, now we better do something. Putting a restraining order on somebody doesn't do crap. I also agree with the fact that if someone truly wants to do harm, they will find a gun someplace. But, do you guys support the rights of people that are on the "do not fly list" to still be able to buy a firearm? Many people do because of the "slippery slope" mentality.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being on a no fly list ISN'T a crime. YES, I support the rights of men/women that haven't committed a crime to exercise their rights to do whatever they want to do. You CAN'T legislate safety just as you CAN'T legislate morality. Both are situations that require direct and continual action from the man/woman and are completely insulated from the influence of any other man/woman.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with some of what you say, but how many times have we heard "why in the heck didn't they do something before it came to this"? If someone is threatening to harm themselves or someone else, do we let them do the something horrible, and then say okay, now we better do something. Putting a restraining order on somebody doesn't do crap. I also agree with the fact that if someone truly wants to do harm, they will find a gun someplace. But, do you guys support the rights of people that are on the "do not fly list" to still be able to buy a firearm? Many people do because of the "slippery slope" mentality.
The problem is when is someone blowing off steam and when are they actually dangerous. How many of us have said they would kill somebody or hurt somebody in the heat of the moment? What if they never even said it but someone accuses them of saying it? You're willing to take someones right to own a firearm because they might have said something inappropriate?

I'd support taking someones right to a firearm if they are clinically deemed mentally ill but no way in hell will I give a family member or LEO that authority because I said something stupid.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is when is someone blowing off steam and when are they actually dangerous. How many of us have said they would kill somebody or hurt somebody in the heat of the moment? What if they never even said it but someone accuses them of saying it? You're willing to take someones right to own a firearm because they might have said something inappropriate?

I'd support taking someones right to a firearm if they are clinically deemed mentally ill but no way in hell will I give a family member or LEO that authority because I said something stupid.

No worry ! No one on here has said anything stupid ! Sorry I just could NOT resist

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
We keep fooling ourselves into thinking that if someone wants to do something bad to a person and you take away their gun, that they will not find another way to do the bad thing.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the same West Fargo police chief who was in the commercials supporting Heidi Heitkamp, was it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Drivenmarine.net, have you ever considered moving to the people’s republic of Minnesota? Those might be more “your people.”

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the same West Fargo police chief who was in the commercials supporting Heidi Heitkamp, was it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Drivenmarine.net, have you ever considered moving to the people’s republic of Minnesota? Those might be more “your people.”

Says someone with Kentucky in their handle. And no not the same guy. Sorry we can't all agree on everything.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
drivenmarine.net, are you one of those guys that doesn't know what your talking about other than speaking down on it? Kentucky windage is a gun term.... thought it was pretty common place verbiage. So you support this, but doesn't seem like you know what the hell you are talking about.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
drivenmarine.net, are you one of those guys that doesn't know what your talking about other than speaking down on it? Kentucky windage is a gun term.... thought it was pretty common place verbiage. So you support this, but doesn't seem like you know what the hell you are talking about.

Like I said, I will agree to disagree, but maybe you can explain it so everyone can understand. I did not attack anyone, just said to look at it before jumping to conclusions. Everyone has to jump all over someone who doesn't agree with everything they say. I thought this was a place we could discuss things and share opinions, but I guess not if you disagree with people.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
All we really need is sanctuary cities for gun owners......... problem solved

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As a retired Law Enforcement Officer, this type of legislation scares me. Chiefs of Police usually answer to city managers, mayors, council etc. They tend to be a lot more liberal than Sheriffs, who answer only to the people. Liberal judges tend to put a lot of stock into testimony of social workers, ex wives, girlfriends, etc. There have been instances in my career when taking a persons guns may have been appropriate in a overabundance of caution. But only after due process. And very seldom. That being said, anyone bound and determined to shoot someone will find a gun. And believe me when I say, no officer I have even known relishes the act of going to a person's house and telling that person you are there to take his/hers gun. This idea may have merit on its face, but is ripe for abuse.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez guys. It's easy to conquer us sportsman, if the second someone disagrees with you, you tell them to get the hell out. Sounds like a bunch of politicians here. As soon as someone disagrees with me, they're dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, the guy doesn't agree with you, so now he's automatically an idiot? Wow.

The thing is, I am pro-gun. But he has a point.

I get it though. There are already laws against felons or people who've committed domestic violence owning a gun.

For the record, I think people who break laws should face the consequences, not have the law changed to suit them. See the "legalize it" thread.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this anti-gun red flag Bill 1537 bothers you here’s the number of the cosigners of this bill.
Contact these legislators that sponsored this HOUSE BILL NO.1537 Red Flag Law
krhanson@nd.gov,jddockter@nd.gov,gkeiser@nd.gov,masanford@nd.gov, blsatrom@nd.gov,aschauer@nd.gov,jlee@nd.gov,
eoban@nd.gov,npoolman@nd.gov,rwardner@nd.gov 1) Karla Rose Hanson (D – District 44)
Cellphone: 701-793-9181
Email: krhanson@nd.gov
2) Jason Dockter (R – District 7)
Home Telephone: 701-214-0486
Office Telephone: 701-258-9848
Cellphone: 701-214-0486
Email: jddockter@nd.gov
3) George Keiser (R – District 47)
Home Telephone: 701-258-0333
Office Telephone: 701-255-3900
Cellphone: 701-202-3900
Email: gkeiser@nd.gov
4) Mark Sanford (R – District 17)
Home Telephone: 701-772-4236
Email: masanford@nd.gov
5) Bernie Satrom (R – District 12)
Office Telephone: 701-252-4058
Cellphone: 701-320-7239
Email: blsatrom@nd.gov
6) Austen Schauer (R – District 13)
Cellphone: 701-730-4474
Email: aschauer@nd.gov
7) Judy Lee (R – District 13)
Home Telephone: 701-282-6512
Email: jlee@nd.gov
Erin Oban (D – District 35)
Cellphone: 701-955-3188
Email: eoban@nd.gov
9) Nicole Poolman (R – District 7)
Home Telephone: 701-250-6730
Email: npoolman@nd.gov
10) Rich Wardner (R – District 37)
Home Telephone: 701-483-6918
Office Telephone: 701-483-6918
Cellphone: 701-590-1178
Email: rwardner@nd.gov

Lotta R's in that list, one that really surprised me Jason Dockter!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47