Thanks Little Minneapolis

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tangled with a power miter-box 30 plus years ago. My " screw you finger" is almost 1 knuckle short and I have to wear mittens to keep it from freezing when its cold out. Once you destroy the blood flow its always going to get cold.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
like was said earlier... already laws against felons and domestic violence offenders from possessing guns. DV offenders for life with no possibility of restoration under federal law. considering what qualifies as DV, don't get me started on that bullshit.

but, back to the topic at hand... also laws against anyone who has had a mental health commitment order entered against them from possessing a firearm. in ND i think its 3 years from the date of the order or the end of the term of commitment. can't remember. you can petition to get them restored though at least under state law. same with most felonies. so, in short, this proposed law is stupid. if someone is dangerous to themselves or others because of their mental state, use the civil commitment process. if they are threatening others, get charges filed and ask the prosecution and/or the judge to restrict their right to own firearms while on probation if your allegations have enough evidence to convict.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO...when I look at the past few legislative sessions as well as the current one to date, true conservative mindset is becoming a thing of the past. Absolute insane spending coupled with a liberal social agenda has become the new norm. How did ND get to the point where we need to pump over one million barrels of crude per day to meet our financial obligation? Little off topic I know, but could not help myself.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO...when I look at the past few legislative sessions as well as the current one to date, true conservative mindset is becoming a thing of the past. Absolute insane spending coupled with a liberal social agenda has become the new norm. How did ND get to the point where we need to pump over one million barrels of crude per day to meet our financial obligation? Little off topic I know, but could not help myself.

By setting a short term goal to pump a million barrels a day without having anywhere close to the infrastructure to handle it .

Last edited:

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member

Amen!

I have a hard time with the insane spending! Coupled with the gun control measures and some (potential) anti sportsmen legislation, I wonder why we keep electing some of these people. It seems if they have an R behind their name they are automatically ok for ND and better than the alternative. Look at the title of this thread. It implies the evil lies in Fargo and is liberal (Democrat). Two of my representatives cosigned this bill, they are both Republicans, and neither from Fargo...

I will put my faith in God and not in either the Republican or Democratic party. I will vote for individual candidates and not be concerned with party affiliation.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be neat if the politicians before they propose new laws actually remove the old laws first. It seems to be easier for them to just make up new ones without removing the old one or amend the old ones to cover the agenda that is being proposed.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be neat if the politicians before they propose new laws actually remove the old laws first. It seems to be easier for them to just make up new ones without removing the old one or amend the old ones to cover the agenda that is being proposed.

I totally agree with you Lunk. I don't have the answer, but I bet it's somewhere in the old "if we weren't legislating, we'd be out of a job" mentality.

More laws, on top of the laws that already make something illegal, don't make it illegal-er.

Jaykay

★ Legendary Member
I sent an email to all of the people in Lycan's post. I received a response in minutes from Bernie Satrom and he gave a link to a NRA video and said his intent was to adhere more to the info within this video. I can't post the video link because I haven't posted enough to be allowed too which is dumb.

I just received an email from Austen Schauer saying The intent is to save lives and preserve gun rights as a person will lose them for 2 years if they are committed to the State Hospital in Jamestown under civil law.
The bill is going to committee and we will see what happens. I suspect it will be referred to a study.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Legislators should be charged $1,000 for every bill they introduce. If passed, they get their money back. If not, the lose the grand out of their pocket.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64