If foul was the hook...
The fish they should have took...
RVeuati.jpg

If they didn't confiscate...
The record they can't negate.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
GLAD is now pissed and going to hold a rally as snagzilla identifies its butt hole as its mouth and its the way it was born

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
5575, where did the video go that you posted?

If I were looking for a video of the harvesting of a big walleye... I would search "Witness Walleye Video Catch" on YouTube.

Nevermind… it has been removed from YouTube, but apparently it is cached on my computer because I can still watch it. Odd that it would be removed again...

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have my jon boat with a jet merc on the back ready for next year. I am going to piss off those shore snaggers. Plus i will only snag at night ---- probably have to throw in some gill nets too ---- I am going after the next record boys!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

How many ya old enough to remember gill nets on the MO?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
If I were looking for a video of the harvesting of a big walleye... I would search "Witness Walleye Video Catch" on YouTube.

Nevermind… it has been removed from YouTube, but apparently it is cached on my computer because I can still watch it. Odd that it would be removed again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QoL-ct9Ui0

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a damning video. The guy jerks the hook out so hard he flips the damn thing over in the net! Apparently you had to have fished down there to know that yes snagging a fish this big and landing it is a possibility(giants were getting snagged down there all day and getting landed. And yes they were snagging them with jigs. No one was ripping treble hooks through there. Every giant I seen snagged was with a jig and there were lots. And most were either snagged at the back and base of the dorsal fin(where this one was per video) or the tail. It really was weird how most were snagged in this area. Every cast you were practically hitting fish but apparently it had to hit the base and back of the dorsal fin to stick and land it. And they were all landed by letting the current swing them into shore just like in the video.

Just felt there needed to be some clarification being no one seems to think it was possible for a fish this size to be snagged by a tiny jig when there were twenty pound carp getting snagged and landed that were actually putting up a fight and yes snagged on a light wire jigs.
The guy is clearly jerking a hook out in the video right we’re all the others were just so happened to be snagged seems a little peculiar. I think the G & F made a good call. I would also imagine there was other evidence. Do I think the fish should be confiscated?? Absolutely not. Let the man keep his fish. Is Tom Volk a liar and a crook??? Absolutely not. I think he just got caught up in the moment. Hell his buddy unhooked the fish, he probably has no idea we’re the damn thing was hooked. Would anyone else have ran in to claim the state record like he did??? You bet your ass they would have!! So should it be the record? A definitive NO. In respect of records that were caught within the parameters of the law it should not be. I think the G&F made the right decision and I don’t think Tom Volk has anything to be ashamed of personally.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Volk is not cooperating and the guy who netted the fish said it was snagged. Sounds fishy to me.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow... now I ask, where are all his defenders? The guy is a lying piece of shit and they should have confiscated the fish!

Ok defenders... let's see you defend this! Anyone with half a brain knew what happened but some of you were going to defend to the bitter end.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that I have read the affidavit I have to say volk needs to let this go it doesn't look good that he wasn't willing to cooperate with the game and fish in a timely manner. That little picture of the back of the fish in question could be the same side of the fish as the the one where volk is holding the fish in question. If volk wants to clear his name he needs to provide more detailed pictures then just two. Also nodakangler was mentioned in the affidavit as to when volk made a statement about the fish in question. It's a bad deal no matter how you look at

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't see the hook in that video. None of the good clear pics i saw showed any body damage at all near the tail where the dude said it was hooked. Anybody else see any damage? And I can't imagine a fish that big hooked in the tail wouldn't shake the living shit out of the rod.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way it looks, he didn’t pull it much up current. His xtreme net man was WAY downstream and got it on the way down. Amazing what a guy can pull in hooked on the base of a fin.
but they claim it was tail hooked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20