cancer

Happycamper

Honored Member
Yes, I have prostate cancer but it has not spread to other organs or bones. My "Gleason score was 9 on all 12 samples. My PSA jumped from 24 to 53 to 96 all in one year. Currently scheduled for more scans with possible radiation. As stated I will turn 79 next month,
It appears most men will get this if one lives long enough.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I have prostate cancer but it has not spread to other organs or bones. My "Gleason score was 9 on all 12 samples. My PSA jumped from 24 to 53 to 96 all in one year. Currently scheduled for more scans with possible radiation. As stated I will turn 79 next month,
It appears most men will get this if one lives long enough.
I had it at age 46. Had divinci surgery and had it removed. That was ten years ago. You would never know I had it. I know at your age they don’t promote surgery for various reasons. At my age it was a no brainer. There is a study that determines 1/3 of men have prostate cancer by age 50. But only 1% have symptoms and find out they have it. The rest are asymptomatic until the cancer reaches a point they get it checked out. I urge everybody to start getting annual PSA tests done at age 40 regardless what your GP says. There are several types of prostate cancer cells. Not all require surgery or radiation.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just thought it might be beneficial to post some very common signs/symptoms of prostate cancer. I’ve been asked this dozens of times in discussions.

-Frequent urination
-Trouble urinating
-Unable to completely empty bladder
-Continue to dribble after peeing
-Peeing small amounts at a time even though you felt like you bladder was full
-pelvic and or hip pain.
-swollen neck glands
-erectile dysfunction

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Once I am done with my throat cancer then I have to contend with the two spots that showed up on my prostrate. Told the doc that those spots were my dryed up nuts, he laughed only a little. LB

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once I am done with my throat cancer then I have to contend with the two spots that showed up on my prostrate. Told the doc that those spots were my dryed up nuts, he laughed only a little. LB
What did these spots show up on? Mri or somethjng?

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just thought it might be beneficial to post some very common signs/symptoms of prostate cancer. I’ve been asked this dozens of times in discussions.

-Frequent urination
-Trouble urinating
-Unable to completely empty bladder
-Continue to dribble after peeing
-Peeing small amounts at a time even though you felt like you bladder was full
-pelvic and or hip pain.
-swollen neck glands
-erectile dysfunction
I have all of these symptoms so do I win a prize? I have been taking medications to shrink my prostate. for many years. I think it must be the size of a peanut M&M by now. I do have my PSA checked annually and this last time it was bit higher so will see what it looks like next spring when I have my annual.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have all of these symptoms so do I win a prize? I have been taking medications to shrink my prostate. for many years. I think it must be the size of a peanut M&M by now. I do have my PSA checked annually and this last time it was bit higher so will see what it looks like next spring when I have my annual.
What are your PSA numbers

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry man. Call your favorite reps office and see if they can help. I have heard stories of Cramer and Hoeven helping people find solutions on an individual basis for a variety of issues. Can't hurt to call. God's speed!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry man. Call your favorite reps office and see if they can help. I have heard stories of Cramer and Hoeven helping people find solutions on an individual basis for a variety of issues. Can't hurt to call. God's speed!
What a bunch of garbage. All 100 of them crooks. Each one takes checks from the drug companies to keep prices out of control and then will make the calls to offer help on a case-by-case basis as long as you vote for them. While you're at it, make sure to tell them you can't afford life-saving medicine because they're too cowardly and greedy to bring any changes to the floor. (just a general frustration comment, not an attack at you Sluggo, thanks for sharing the tip) I watched my grandma go through the same price-gouging garbage about 15 years ago and have watched politicians promise to change things every year since with the needle not moving a hair. In that time, both the red ties and the blue ties have held majority across the presidency, house, and senate.

Best of luck in your fight good sir!

Bobkat

Established Member
problem is, it's tough to take this seriously. I feel so darn good, have an appetite and a good pee stream. If I were hurting it might be a different story. I will have blood in my urine if I spend time on the tractor mower. Other than that. nada. Will turn 79 next month. I feel blessed.
Same age as me,Happy, plus one month. . I feel your pain. The trouble is that when these young jocks (like we all WERE) get old (like we are NOW) we all slowly get into that heart disease and cancer age group. Yep, we,can do everything known to man or beast to stay healthy, but despite this sooner or later some of us get stuff we don’t want! I just got diagnosed with a tennis ball sized kidney cancer last week, so have been spending time getting all kinds of (expensive) tests to see if healthy enough for radical nsurgery. Ihad a heart cath this mornin*. Nt perfect but not too/bad either.
Prostate and kidney cancers are sort.of similar, in that if caught early enough they can be cured surgically, but if it has spread outside of the surgical margins, then plan B or plan C or plan D treatments are called into play, some fairly effective, some not. With kidney, it seems if not completely removed surgically, the stuff doesn’t respond to radiation or chemo. They are trying immunotherapy now. Works for COVID so should work for cancer - right Lunker….LOL kiddin U
The good news with this is that I won’t have to pay exorbitant prices for new or super expensive cancer drugs. Maybe can afford to buy a new prairieDog rifle instead ofExpensive drugs. LOL now, if I were just painless like yoU I guess I’d be happier but maybe after surgery……
Good puck with the p4ostate cancer, Happy. Hopefully that gee whiz expensive drug will keep you catching walleyes and camping for another 20 years.

Happycamper

Honored Member
Thanks for the input and support Bob. I was up at the cabin entertaining a new youth hunter over the weekend and got a call that I had been approved for an experimental drug for 1 year at no charge. It will be delivered by Fed Ex on Monday. I still need to hear from the oncologist regarding dosage, side effects, etc.
Sorry to hear about your tumor. This getting old shit really is starting to suck. But looking back at the parents we knew watching our boys play hockey, there aren't many of us left.
Take care and anytime you and any of the other grey beards on here have the urge to share a bottle of Wild Turkey single Barrel just name time and place. R

Happycamper

Honored Member
My PSA went from 24 - 52 - 96 all within a years time. Biopsy (12 samples) each came back with a Gleason score of 9. Bone and body scans don't show any spread to bones or internal organs at this point but I am scheduled for a PET SCAN in Fargo next week. I'm not looking forward to the drive but Bismarck doesn't have the equipment.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77