2015 Warriors on the Water ND

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
We are in full swing of planning this years events!! We're looking for captains as well as vets so please pass the word along!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's gonna be a great time. Honestly one of the most memorable days of fishing I've ever had

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am working that weekend but will pass along the info to the guys who will be off and have boats. Thanks for putting this together.

- - - Updated - - -

I am working that weekend but will pass along the info to the guys who will be off and have boats. Thanks for putting this together.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
T minus 37 hours and counting...

just talked to Aaron and Andy, and it's blowing up folks... WAAAAAAAY up from last year in captains and vets...

more would be even better... if it includes you, you will be rewarded...

kudos to all involved in the 2nd annual, and may God Bless the day, our vets, our captains, and our Country...

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do I need to do to sign up as a captain? Plans fell through so I am available

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking forward to Saturday! Just got the call that they need me to bring my boat down to take out 2 warriors. Should be a great time!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do I need to do to sign up as a captain? Plans fell through so I am available

hey bud, call aaron @ 701-721-5894... i know he's busy calling captains tonight, so leave him a message and i'm sure he'll get back to you...

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gave him a call. He'll let me know tomorrow if they need another boat after he makes all of his calls tonight.

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the shout out raider!! This year the event has grown leap in bounds! We had a high outlook on this years event and the response from all involved has far exceeded our expectations! I would like to extend and invite to all who arnt busy this weekend to come and enjoy the day with Americas finest past and present! We are all filled up as far as warriors and getting a few loose ends tightened up with captains! We could use some help Saturday morning and possibly during the day! Feel free to call me 701-580-7498!

- - - Updated - - -

If any of you NDA boys are there make sure to say hi and mention the site so we can place a face with the name

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would have showed up but did not get a call.
Your good to go with captains? Lose ends tied?

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would have showed up but did not get a call.
Your good to go with captains? Lose ends tied?

if they have captains covered, you are welcome to come down and fish with me and the vets with me... i have a toon which fishes 4 perfectly... for now i have 2 vets, so if you want to jump on with us, just let me know...

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Appreciate the gesture.you would have 3 vets if I climb aboard:)
What time is it kicking off? May have other plans to fish south if not needed.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have to check in at the bait shop b4 8, and captains meeting is between the ramp and fish cleaning station at 8...

let me know if you're interested... can call me at 701-570-042 three...

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry I never got a chance to call you back fish mission. I was on phone till 11. And the Friday I was so busy between phone and setting up I couldn't think straight.
I'll type up a summary of the days event. Those of you that where there are welcome to share your story as well

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.kxnet.com/story/29742370/warriors-on-the-water

- - - Updated - - -

This years Event went off great. I can not honestly thank the people that helped and contributed enough. As of Friday night at 11 when my phone died we had 30 Captains able to attend and 60 Warriors representing every branch of the United Stated Armed Forces minus the Coast Guard.
By 8:30 we had All of our boats lined up in the overflow parking lot and had our Captains briefing. Set the bait out and a flat and a half or crawlers and a large bag of leeches was split up in the blink of an eye. The Warriors Checked in at the Bait shop and received their Captains boat number. After getting their number the came down and met up with their Captain for the Day. Unfortunately we ending up having some Warriors that where not able to make it. The captains of the boats that held these Warriors where able to fish with their family and where asked to still join us at the BBQ for dinner.
In my boat I had the honor of one of the guys I guided last year asked to be put with me again ( I was unable to put my guys on any fish last year so hearing he wanted back in my boat was a surprise) and my father also came out. ( 1st time I have ever been able to take my dad fishing since Ive owned boats) We started out fishing 8 lb Island and picked up a few fish right away on spinners . Threw some 14,15s back but put a few 16s in the box. I got a call from another captain you said he was doing well on Rodeo with cranks so we shot up and gave it a few passes, The guys i had with where had not cranked before and ended up the prefered the spinners. One call later and we bombed down to Shell. Put a few 18s in the boat down there and kept getting into small perch. Moved down the Island a little bit and I got to Watch my dad reel in a beautiful 22 inch, 4lb Walleye. May not be the most impressive catch to many of us. but I cant remember last time he went fishing. And seeing the smile on his face when I netted his fish will be a memory I will always cherish. We played around on shell till we had to go in early so i could weigh the fish coming in. Ended up keeping 6 nice eyes today
Once on shore we headed up to the cleaning station and started cleaning and weighing fish. There was already some nice Walleye on the table. 3.4 was biggest, the 3.7. then I got to weigh my dads. Scale flickered between 3lb 15 oz to 4lbs. There for awhile i thought he may have the big fish. Then another nice walleye came out of the livewell. another 4 lber. We kept cleaning and packaging fish for all the Warriors. Then here comes one of the warriors and his captain both grinning ear to ear. they pull a 6.5 lber out of the fish bag, After all weights where taken and the cleaning station was cleaned up we headed up for a BBQ and to give out the donations
The Warrior with the big walleye received a custom built walleye rod and the Biggest northern got a 45qt Yeti,
We started giving away the random door prizes and as it worked out as i pulled the final ticket stub out of the cooler to call out all that we had enough prizes that everybody got something to take home.
This was the best day of fishing i can remember......I never even wet a line..
Aaron Donamaria

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76