Founding Member
Can’t argue with that.
Obviously it's Johnny, Johnny bravo that is 👏 🙄 🤣 👍 😂 😎
Johnny_Bravo_-_Poster.jpg

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Visiting with Representatives,
They said for every email opposing HB 1151, there were ten supporting the Bill.
Thank you to all who sent an email.
I believe that - just look at the testimony numbers - the in favors by far out numbered the against .

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just can’t quite get over how cocksure government officials can be about things for which there are no concise answers.

This bait ban and the Covid masking/shutdowns come from the same place - hubris/arrogance that they know better and can control the uncontrollable. And if you squawk…. #### you, you’re not the decision maker so zip it.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just can’t quite get over how cocksure government officials can be about things for which there are no concise answers.

This bait ban and the Covid masking/shutdowns come from the same place - hubris/arrogance that they know better and can control the uncontrollable. And if you squawk…. #### you, you’re not the decision maker so zip it.
Covid wise I’m right there with you. This bill however, is not so simple. The G&F’s responsibility is managing the game populations. Their research whether you believe it or not is what led them to taking a proactive approach to control CWD in the one way they have the authority to regulate. They didn’t ban it across the state, they didn’t say you can’t hunt food plots, they didn’t say you can’t feed deer outside of actively hunting. A pretty good compromise really, didn’t take too much away from hunters and still covered their own legal bases. I’ve said it before that I have no qualms with baiting. I’ll probably do it if this bill goes through. It’s the precedent the bill establishes. Now, a vocal minority/majority or outside interests can establish game laws. Read the NDFB bylaws when you get a chance. They more or less want the G&F abolished. They want the same deal other western states are getting where big farmers are the ones allocated tags. This was the first step, and they did a good job getting people fired up enough to do their legwork for them. I hope they kept track of everyone who sent emails in favor, maybe you guys will be on Daryl’s list for a tag in 10 years.

And before Fritz jumps in with how cynical I’m being, I saw the script NDFB handed to you guys for the first testimony, stating who was to speak, the topic, and for how long.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Covid wise I’m right there with you. This bill however, is not so simple. The G&F’s responsibility is managing the game populations. Their research whether you believe it or not is what led them to taking a proactive approach to control CWD in the one way they have the authority to regulate. They didn’t ban it across the state, they didn’t say you can’t hunt food plots, they didn’t say you can’t feed deer outside of actively hunting. A pretty good compromise really, didn’t take too much away from hunters and still covered their own legal bases. I’ve said it before that I have no qualms with baiting. I’ll probably do it if this bill goes through. It’s the precedent the bill establishes. Now, a vocal minority/majority or outside interests can establish game laws. Read the NDFB bylaws when you get a chance. They more or less want the G&F abolished. They want the same deal other western states are getting where big farmers are the ones allocated tags. This was the first step, and they did a good job getting people fired up enough to do their legwork for them. I hope they kept track of everyone who sent emails in favor, maybe you guys will be on Daryl’s list for a tag in 10 years.

And before Fritz jumps in with how cynical I’m being, I saw the script NDFB handed to you guys for the first testimony, stating who was to speak, the topic, and for how long.
Thanks Gary

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For me, not sure if anyone knows the right answer in the long run. Hope the senate votes the same way, Doug isn't able to change, and G&F drops it, and we can work with any amendments that may come. Baiting does benefit my family in the way we bow hunt.

I may be causing some harm but i feel with all the alfalfa and grain i feed year-round, corn, soybeans, canola and brassicas seeds i plant in various food plots i am also helping all wildlife out including the deer. Pheasants big time including raising and planting them birds. That along with all the trees i have planted on land i do not even own with the owner's permission. And it appears for me i am done killing wildlife????
I do feel some of the reason for and against are weak but then i also feel common sense has been left out of this equation.

Can not believe all the pheasants this year and rabbits. Also partridge. Do not hunt the pheasants and i believe they are hunted very little up here. Been told $5 a head for rabbits. So please do not kill them all now that we have some after 50 years. Need to find my old spotting light.

And Guy, part of my problem i also have is G&F attitude about their role and how they handled themselves. I have found they will not listen to any thing i say and go beyond that by ridiculing me it seems. Makes it hard to work with them.

If it goes as it appears, i hope we can all put this behind and look to work together for the good of all. Prefer it not be us against them. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bravo:

I was told by a game warden once (directly and in so many words)

that the landowners wants come in from of us hunters that do not own land and for that matter what is good for the wildlife. They do have a lot of power. db

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do own land. I don’t farm, but it does get hayed by a neighbor. I don’t think I should be able to tell anyone what the game populations should look like. If I have a problem with animals or trespassers, I take care of it (legally). I don’t need a legislator to do it for me.

I guess I just long for the good old days, and don’t like to see the outdoor traditions eroded every 2 years.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“The G&F’s responsibility is managing the game populations.”

That’s the point - the hunting bait ban adds nothing measurable to their goal of managing deer populations. NOTHING.

NOTHING!!! It’s ineffective, biased, and hypocritically applied. That’s what’s so baffling.

And their plan to start culling is as assbackwards as one could imagine. Indiscriminatingly cull deer - including many that are genetically immune to CWD???

Somebody please explain the logic behind culling healthy deer. Madness!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They’re already issuing more tags than they normally would in units with CWD - WHY???

There’s one way out of a herd disease and that’s natural selection. Slowing that process is idiotic. Let those units get on with maximum reproduction. More generations equals more progress toward resistance.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Wisconsin they spent $32 million dollars killing all the deer. In the video below Dr. Bryan Richards Wisconsin Geological Survey explains how hunters need to dispose of carcasses properly and how hunters may need to accept less deer because to save the deer they must be taken off the landscape.

This is Wisconsin proper deer disposal.

Wisconsin dumpster.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Common ground there. Culling is ridiculous.
The key question is - how can these supposed biologists rationalize this nonsense???

Is it the allure of being powerful enough to make that decision and hire the sharpshooters to do their retarded bidding?? I can’t think of any other reason. Can you?

It escapes all logic and what we understand about wildlife epidemics. When has such nonsense ever “paid off”?

Is it some tin hat long term plan to end hunting as a wildlife management tool? (get people to throw in the towel?)

Somebody make this crap make sense.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is CWD the anti hunter’s “global warming” type opportunity that they don’t plan to waste???

(“never let a crisis go to waste”)

And NDGF is too ignorant to realize they’re being played?

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A long time when Wisconsin was killing all deer in an area as a way to cure CWD i wrote and told them the cure was worse than the disease. Was told the germ was in the soil. Later read they said deer came back in from other areas and ate the dirt. You think.

It was like bleeding a person to cure them of whatever it was they had by doctors a long time ago. But then we as humans with all our brains did that as common sense must have said it was the right thing to do. Unbelievable but it was done back then too. db

And then there were sacrifice to please the gods for our future.

Last edited:

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

covid was simple?

i could barely keep up with the rules and rule changes

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A long time when Wisconsin was killing all deer in an area as a way to cure CWD i wrote and told them the cure was worse than the disease. Was told the germ was in the soil. Later read they said deer came back in from other areas and ate the dirt. You think.

It was like bleeding a person to cure them of whatever it was they had by doctors a long time ago. But then we as humans with all our brains did that as common sense must have said it was the right thing to do. Unbelievable but it was done back then too. db
you need to trust the science

gees (shakes head)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 198
  • This month: 168
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 71