House Bill 1151- Prohibiting baiting bans

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting take on the semantics of writing a law as by definition, deer includes moose, elk, white-tail, and mule deer (and several other species not found in ND).

Which brings up the interesting twist here, would the baiting of pronghorn be allowed?
Is sitting at a waterhole for pronghorn the same as baiting ?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
current price of corn is $6.75/bushel. 1 bushel = about 56 pounds. i suppose there is something to be said for the convenience of getting it in a bag? anyway, i just drive the truck through the elevator with about 6-8 plastic garbage cans in the back. he can hit em each with the chute. if you only fill them about 2/3 full each, they are manageable with one guy. easy with two. our local elevator can do the same with grain too. use a good mix of each for our chickens. 8 garbage cans last nearly all year long for about $150.

Last edited:

EnglishCocker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody see the amendments to this bill? I have heard that it will limit baiting within 50 yards of property lines unless you have written permission from adjacent landowner and also limit of 50 gallons of corn. Can't seem to find much on it but surprised that isn't being talked about more if it was added.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody see the amendments to this bill? I have heard that it will limit baiting within 50 yards of property lines unless you have written permission from adjacent landowner and also limit of 50 gallons of corn. Can't seem to find much on it but surprised that isn't being talked about more if it was added.
This amendment must fall under the Jeffrey Erman rule? ;) ...rofl...

Last edited:

EnglishCocker

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was kind of my thought. I haven't really looked for anything on it but seems odd that it would get put in there if true

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://ndlegis.gov/assembly/68-2023/regular/documents/23-0021-02006m.pdf

Under the heading, line one says:

The Department shall not issue rules or adopt a policy or practice prohibiting the baiting of big game animals for lawful hunting on private property.

EnglishCocker, written in green, there is a lot of verbiage after that which is fluff. Don't worry about it. Going to be struck, over in the Senate.

Legislative council got involved and made some suggestions.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t worry about it boys, just vote yes. The farm bureau shills will take care of ya.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88