Another winter storm

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ended up with 10 or so inches but 40 mph winds is making it real fun

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
1978 --- dad comes home from work sits in his chair and has a cool one ---- asks son how did the snow blower work ---- son says great.

2023 -- dad gets home and snowblows; while kid plays more call of duty
I see both sides of this coin. Technology has created a convenient excuse to close the schools.

There is a bigger lesson in getting to school during a storm and that is...sometimes life is hard but the work needs to get done and it can get done....It's just going to take a little more effort. This mentality is what makes ND work ethic the best, and we can't let that die.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Driveway is belly deep to my lab and we haven't had much wind yet. Measured about 7" of powder last night before bedtime. Think it added 4 or 5 over night. Will be fine until the wind gets nuts. LB

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Driveway is belly deep to my lab
Everything is so white I cant tell how deep the driveway is until I have a third mug of coffee. I did blow a trail to the corn feeder for the deer. Strange watching those bodyless deer heads moving across the lawn.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what if the forecast was overblown. It's absolutely the best thing that could have happened. How bout quit bitching and enjoy the fact that it wasn't what it was supposed to be. Let's move on to spring now damn it!
I think the biggest thing is you have some person (doesnt need to be older either) out of town. Feels that left arm heavy after moving a little snow and believe me this is the truth the last thing you do in that position is actually worry about your self. You do anything to get out of calling for help because your in denial. Having a over blown now media driven for advertising $$ so called blizzard is not going to help that person dial the 3 magic numbers.

The other thing is they can call wolf -- - soon we all become numb to that word. The media doesnt help

walleyewanker

I think the biggest thing is you have some person (doesnt need to be older either) out of town. Feels that left arm heavy after moving a little snow and believe me this is the truth the last thing you do in that position is actually worry about your self. You do anything to get out of calling for help because your in denial. Having a over blown now media driven for advertising $$ so called blizzard is not going to help that person dial the 3 magic numbers.

The other thing is they can call wolf -- - soon we all become numb to that word. The media doesnt help
Your absolutely correct. It blows my mind how many times I've seen people calling out the weather forecasters because it wasn't as advertised in some areas. Other areas still got blasted. I was referring to the fact that instead of bitching because they only got a quarter of what was forecasted, how about realize it could have been more, and with power outages. They would have still bitched because it was under forecasted then. Regardless, certain areas and people are in terrible situations again. Bottom line is media just sucks.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been in my place for 17-18 years. I don't remember a single winter where I was unable to get to the highway even once. This morning is my 3rd or maybe 4th time this winter!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must be doing something right as just south and east of us got significant amounts and we in Yates got very little. We put our house on a rise and it's just blowing across like we hoped it would. Well, most of the time. North and west winds blow across our little rise just nice! And the melt we got just before the storm was another godsend. Our approach gets pretty muddy as it all runs down to it. I may have to push or blow a little bit off of it, its hard to see from the house, but man oh man did we get lucky this time.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been in my place for 17-18 years. I don't remember a single winter where I was unable to get to the highway even once. This morning is my 3rd or maybe 4th time this winter!
My f150 stays in the garage --- its just a big grocery getter.

Toyota comes out and it plays hard. Problem is nothing to play in. Here in Fgone the sun is starting to come out. Visibility in town 3/4 mile to a mile

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i thought the worst part of this storm was supposed to be today? still storming pretty good here.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck 1inch only
As you may have experienced at some past point in time, it's not always how much ya got, it's how it's being used. I think we ended up with around 4.4 inches in Bismarck. The wind is still blowing the crap around and messing up travel on roads in the Bis area.

The ride in to work this morning was only possible for me because someone had at one point driven a plow of some sort down the road I needed to use and they knocked the 2-3 ft drifts down to about six inches. Weirdest snow plowing job I've run across and am just guessing it was someone heading somewhere else who knocked the drifts down and that it wasn't the county/state because they never put the blade on the asphalt.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Obviously, you are getting soft as you age. Just power on through, ND tuff and all that jazz.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33