Carson Wentz

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, it is all history now. life for all will go on and so will Wentz. If he has a problem he will need to be the one to correct. db

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
"The rumor and then eventual report that former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz nearly came to blows with running back Darren Sproles over the injured signal caller’s attitude about the Birds’ Super Bowl run without him is true, according to Sproles himself.

After the report, former Philadelphia and Washington running back and return man Brian Mitchell said on his radio show that the unnamed Eagle was Sproles. “[Wentz] damn sure wasn’t happy about them going on a run when he wasn’t playing. He was, ‘I don’t feel comfortable with them winning it without me. This doesn’t feel good.’ Until Darren Sproles almost whipped his ass,” Mitchell said on March 10, 2022, according to a transcript on Audacy Sports."
People take this way too seriously and make more of it then there was, of course he was disappointed about being injured, who wouldn't be? I'll bet everyone of the Eagles that were injured wanted to be able to play for that ring they got.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to Field Yates of ESPN, Wentz is receiving a base salary of $1.165 million paired with a signing bonus of $150,000. His salary, however, is prorated over the nine weeks left in the NFL season, so his total payout reaches $732,500. If he is cut, the Rams are only on the hook for the $150,000 signing bonus.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to remember, these were just kids out of college. With years comes maturity. Think back at things we said and done as early to mid 20's.
I know i sure didn't do and say the right things all the time. Made my share of mistakes and learned by them.
As my Dad used to say, make a mistake and you learned from it, then it was a lesson, if you didn't learn from it, then it was a mistake.
Seems like our Government make all kinds of mistakes. Yes, both sides of the aisle.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Obviously it must be very hard to leave the lime-light because professional athletes continue to play well beyond what it takes to make them financially set for life. Take your pick of the sport and lots of them continue to play well beyond lifetime financial stability and achieving enough to offer their family generational wealth.

That said, I guess I think I could be pretty happy spending days raising my children, working the dog on birds, and taking some hunting trips all while NOT living in any of the major metropolitan areas one is required to live in to be on a professional sports team.

CW has the opportunity to do almost anything he wants for the rest of his life with really no financial barriers. Imagine the opportunity to make all your decisions based only upon what you think will keep you and your family fulfilled because the financial side of things will never really come into play.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Obviously it must be very hard to leave the lime-light because professional athletes continue to play well beyond what it takes to make them financially set for life. Take your pick of the sport and lots of them continue to play well beyond lifetime financial stability and achieving enough to offer their family generational wealth.

That said, I guess I think I could be pretty happy spending days raising my children, working the dog on birds, and taking some hunting trips all while NOT living in any of the major metropolitan areas one is required to live in to be on a professional sports team.

CW has the opportunity to do almost anything he wants for the rest of his life with really no financial barriers. Imagine the opportunity to make all your decisions based only upon what you think will keep you and your family fulfilled because the financial side of things will never really come into play.
There is a reason the top of any profession are at that spot, they are never satisfied no matter the amount of money, this goes for sports, business, medicine etc.. For these guys its more about their love of their profession more so than money and its impossible for them to think about a life without it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://atonce.com/blog/what-percentage-of-nfl-players-go-broke

Here are 10 shocking statistics about NFL stars facing bankruptcy in 2024:

• 1. Over 60% of retired NFL players go bankrupt within five years of leaving the league.
  • 2. The average NFL career lasts only 3.3 years, leaving players with a limited earning window.
  • 3. Despite earning millions during their careers, many NFL players struggle with financial management.
  • 4. Medical expenses and post-career injuries contribute to financial difficulties for retired players.
  • 5. Divorce rates among NFL players are significantly higher than the national average, leading to financial strain.
  • 6. Poor investment choices and fraudulent schemes have caused significant financial losses for NFL players.
  • 7. Many players face pressure to support family members and friends, leading to financial instability.
  • 8. High spending habits and extravagant lifestyles contribute to financial troubles for NFL stars.
  • 9. Lack of financial education and guidance leaves many players vulnerable to financial pitfalls.
  • 10. The stigma surrounding seeking financial help often prevents NFL players from getting the assistance they need.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://atonce.com/blog/what-percentage-of-nfl-players-go-broke

Here are 10 shocking statistics about NFL stars facing bankruptcy in 2024:

• 1. Over 60% of retired NFL players go bankrupt within five years of leaving the league.
  • 2. The average NFL career lasts only 3.3 years, leaving players with a limited earning window.
  • 3. Despite earning millions during their careers, many NFL players struggle with financial management.
  • 4. Medical expenses and post-career injuries contribute to financial difficulties for retired players.
  • 5. Divorce rates among NFL players are significantly higher than the national average, leading to financial strain.
  • 6. Poor investment choices and fraudulent schemes have caused significant financial losses for NFL players.
  • 7. Many players face pressure to support family members and friends, leading to financial instability.
  • 8. High spending habits and extravagant lifestyles contribute to financial troubles for NFL stars.
  • 9. Lack of financial education and guidance leaves many players vulnerable to financial pitfalls.
  • 10. The stigma surrounding seeking financial help often prevents NFL players from getting the assistance they need.
While the above is certainly valid for pretty much all professional sports, IIRC CW is pretty close with his parents and his dad is involved in finance. I think it's reasonable to assume he's getting financial advise from someone trusted enough to keep him financially sound for life.

The flip-side of that is Adrian Peterson who made hundreds of millions and currently has a net-worth of ~1Million on an annual salary of 2Million.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carson Wentz is similar to Tim Tebow and that their Christian faith is very important to their everyday lives, many who are in the same room as them may think that Carson is preaching and some may even feel like they are being judged. Carson is walking a road that compells him to preach his faith to anyone who is in his presence, people don't want to hear that especially when players feel threatened by the word of God. When someone has their priorities focused on making that paper and with that paper all the temptations that go with it Satan is whispering in their ears to verbally or even physically intimidate that person so that person spiritual light is no longer threatening their life. Carson as was Tebow are compelled to spread the word of God even if it means persecution by others. Spiritual warfare

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carson Wentz is similar to Tim Tebow and that their Christian faith is very important to their everyday lives, many who are in the same room as them may think that Carson is preaching and some may even feel like they are being judged. Carson is walking a road that compells him to preach his faith to anyone who is in his presence, people don't want to hear that especially when players feel threatened by the word of God. When someone has their priorities focused on making that paper and with that paper all the temptations that go with it Satan is whispering in their ears to verbally or even physically intimidate that person so that person spiritual light is no longer threatening their life. Carson as was Tebow are compelled to spread the word of God even if it means persecution by others. Spiritual warfare
Or it could be they just didnt play very good

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish the Vikings had give the RED RIFLE a shot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66