Conceal Carry Agreement Reached w MN

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...cle_7b6d9cc8-fae4-54fe-a974-b8c4cc222580.html

finally Thumbs Up

class 1 only though :confused:

North Dakota and neighboring Minnesota have reached a deal to allow residents of one state to carry concealed weapons in the other, North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem announced Wednesday morning.
The deal is effective immediately and allows the 4,080 North Dakotans with a Class 1 concealed weapon license to carry in Minnesota, while Minnesotans can do the same in North Dakota.
The deal bumps the number of states with reciprocity up to 39, including the neighboring states of Montana and South Dakota.
Stenehjem said it was a years-long effort.
"Minnesota required another state's laws to be substantially similar to its own," Stenehjem said in a prepared statement.
However, in 2015 the Minnesota Legislature removed the word "substantially," allowing the Minnesota Department of Public Safety to approve reciprocity.
Stenehjem clarified that Class 1 license-holders can carry in Minnesota, while Class 2 license-holders cannot. Class 1 concealed carry licenses allow reciprocity with more states, but also carry more stringent requirements.
More information about North Dakota concealed carry law is available at www.ag.nd.gov

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bastards, now my class 2 and utah is worthless in Minnesota. This change probably screwed more ND people than it helped. Probably will just have to continue to avoid that place.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is the difference between class 1 and 2? I have been thinking about getting my permit.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sucks the utah permit no longer works there. Is it possible to upgrade from a class 2 to a class 1? The only good think to come out of Minnesota is there sports teams, wait never mind they suck too

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is the difference between class 1 and 2? I have been thinking about getting my permit.

Class 2 is just an open book test only one needs to pass, class 1 has an instruction class and you have to do a safe practical use shooting at a range to show proficiency with hand gun, certain amount of shots in a certain amount of time and a percentage of hits. They only have reciprocity with states that do actual physical shooting testing not states like Utah that only require simulation style practical testing.

Last edited:

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have my Class 2 in ND and have my MN. I have the same question as ItemB. Can you "upgrade" to a Class 1? I would be able to let my MN one lapse then.

MN and ND are the primary places I travel (relatives live in MN) so I figured it was just easier to have both.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happens if you shoot a Somali? With Ferguson being in style, you may want to have multiple mags. Don't want to be that poor SOB.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happens if you shoot a Somali? With Ferguson being in style, you may want to have multiple mags. Don't want to be that poor SOB.
You just get out of jail ? And already you ask these kind of questions ? ��

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hello!

I've been carrying in MN for years with a SD permit. Not sure this new rule helps or hurts me any.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74