Honest opinion?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be fun to speak in that clicking African language. On safari you could tell them you didn't want dung on your grubs.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
and if you ever go lion hunting you could have an inside know if they are taking you on an illegal, prized, collared, worldly, loved, and studied lion poaching.

Them blue gums sometimes trick a guy.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I graduated grad school in May. It was a shitty two and a half years. Worked full time while doing it, plus 900 clinical hours. I think it will be worth it. Life pretty much sucked for those years. Make sure you are focused; it won't work if you aren't completely driven to succeed. Make sure your wife in on board if you happen to be married.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
healthcare would be about the only thing to be going to college for right now. anything else would be a crap shoot. at least a 100k crap shoot. Trade school would be another decent thing. yet there's suckers out there that still want that psychology major lol

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would take a business degree again in a heartbeat. Best 40-50 grand I have spent.
Really?!?! I spent 5 years to come out with a business degree and that was about 3.5 years too many.

College is nothing more than a very expensive way of finding out how much you already know. In business school I learned quickly that I was the sucker in a brilliant business model. I'm always reminded of Good Will Hunting when Matt Damon says to that college student, "your parents are paying 100 grand so you can learn everything I learned for $2 in late fees at the public library."

If you want to learn about business, get a job. If you want to learn another language, get Rosetta Stone (really, it works. We used it in a couple Spanish classes that cost me $2,000 *facepalm*)

Unless you're learning really specialized skills that require specific equipment or resources available only in college, just get on the Internet, maybe buy a book or two. If you absolutely can't figure it out on your own, audit a college class rather than pay for credits.

As a national honor society member and former president of my university student business association, I'd be remiss if I didn't say:

**** college.

Signed,

Slim

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't seem to go wrong with Spanish because of the way the illegal immigration is going. Soon it will be the official language of the United States.
;:;rant

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really?!?! I spent 5 years to come out with a business degree and that was about 3.5 years too many.

College is nothing more than a very expensive way of finding out how much you already know. In business school I learned quickly that I was the sucker in a brilliant business model. I'm always reminded of Good Will Hunting when Matt Damon says to that college student, "your parents are paying 100 grand so you can learn everything I learned for $2 in late fees at the public library."

If you want to learn about business, get a job. If you want to learn another language, get Rosetta Stone (really, it works. We used it in a couple Spanish classes that cost me $2,000 *facepalm*)

Unless you're learning really specialized skills that require specific equipment or resources available only in college, just get on the Internet, maybe buy a book or two. If you absolutely can't figure it out on your own, audit a college class rather than pay for credits.

As a national honor society member and former president of my university student business association, I'd be remiss if I didn't say:

**** college.

Signed,

Slim

Without it I would have not got my foot in the door to something awesome. I will pay that cost off 200 times over in my life.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe Arabic just in case Hillary and Huma get into office. I'm only half joking. On the other hand if your deployed over there you will know what the a holes are saying about you. Like the difference between shake his hand and shoot him in the face.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you didn't have to pay for years of dealing with various types of people while jumping through numerous preverbial hoops to prove you have some discipline and self-motivation, I would say college is a complete waste as well.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Without it I would have not got my foot in the door to something awesome. I will pay that cost off 200 times over in my life.

U r the exception. A generic bitness degree is about as worthless as the paper it's written on. An internship, coupled with the skills u already have, and ur sitting right where u r now. Don't sell ur self short boss man

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
U r the exception. A generic bitness degree is about as worthless as the paper it's written on. An internship, coupled with the skills u already have, and ur sitting right where u r now. Don't sell ur self short boss man

All I am saying is that without out a related bachelor degree, I would have been skipped over like a worn out speed bump. I had no "in" when I applied to the on-line classified.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I am saying is that without out a related bachelor degree, I would have been skipped over like a worn out speed bump. I had no "in" when I applied to the on-line classified.

I hear ya. I'm just saying you were the single most important factor, and likely could've paved a similar path without the college debt. Fyi - An accounting degree would've opened the same door u walked thru, and allowed for Many more options had u gone a different direction.

Oh, and
im willing to provide u with additional life lessons, free of charge, for the remainder of this evening. Lemme kno. Thx

Last edited:

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you didn't have to pay for years of dealing with various types of people while jumping through numerous preverbial hoops to prove you have some discipline and self-motivation, I would say college is a complete waste as well.

This is kind of funny. I don't know how many times I told myself one more hoop. A lot of the BS is just that; another hoop, but you have to do the jumping to finish. I tell my daughter the same thing when she asks about a project that really doesn't make sense; it's just another hoop, and to get where you want to go, you have to jump through the SOB.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe sign language? I know there is a demand for interpreters. Tucker Max took sign language so he could go after Hellen Keller.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell I needed a BS just go get into my next school. It might seem like a waste of time, but are you going to take the kid that has the degree, or the one with a couple rinky dink jobs since high school. I should double majored with a business degree.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would take someone with a great attitude (rinky dinky jobs and all) over poor attitude with credentials any day of the week. I would rather teach skill set to a person with a great attitude/work ethic.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could go back to school, I just really like learning things. Unfortunately I am finding myself not remembering things. Financially I don't think it would pan out for me. I have heard of people retiring to a University area and part of their retirement is taking classes that interest them. I am hoping to retire to Zamboni driver at the Ralph.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could go back to school, I just really like learning things. Unfortunately I am finding myself not remembering things. Financially I don't think it would pan out for me. I have heard of people retiring to a University area and part of their retirement is taking classes that interest them. I am hoping to retire to Zamboni driver at the Ralph.

Remember to leave your FIGHTING SIOUX jersey at home!:;:muahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55