DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would not recommend purchasing a firearm under false pretense. If you are addicted to the dope, leave the guns out of it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with this to an extent but the big difference is that those pain killing drugs aren't "mind altering" like MJ. So it's not a very good comparison. I have no problem legalizing MJ. The employers will determine your usage.

I'd really like to know why you think MJ is mind altering but opiates are not. Did they say it in reefer madness?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
17903975_842576739227781_3147201937198338202_n.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NRA supported the obamacare act if it didn't give physician the right to ask you if you have guns in your homes, if the obamacare act is repealed it may give doctors the authority to ask you that question on your medical examination.The doctor could deny you help solely based on your non cooperation in refusing to answer that question.

Also in California if you do not want to answer that question" do you have a MM card" on the federal background check when buying a hand gun in a gun store under the federal law you do not have to answer that question. The buyer can mark no on the application and the federal government would have no way of knowing if you do or not.

Since RM has been passed in states example California it would be impossible to register somone who is a recreational smoker since it is legal by state law.

Until the government can get your medical records opened there is no way to verify that you are a toker.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was prescribed some pretty heavy pain pills for kidney stones once. I'll second your analysis

Same deal. Two different times prescribed Percocet or Vicodin for my stones. That stuff was so strong I could only take a half pill

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
really the few times i have had pain killers prescribed to me it was a mind altering trip. Sitting in the recliner for hours and not remembering what i did the next day. I can see how people get hooked on the pain killers
I have never experienced that. what was it? I don't know of any pain prescription that would be prescribed for more than a very short time that would do that. But people can react differently to anything I guess. No wonder I can't stand to listen to Rush anymore, he's clean ;:;rofl

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pay attention to the felony portion

I certify that my answers in Section A are true, correct, and complete. I have read and understand the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on ATFForm 4473. I understand that answering "yes" to question 11.a. if I am not the actual transferee/buyer is a crime punishable as a felony underFederal law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I understand that a person who answers "yes" to any of the questions 11.b. through 11.iand/or 12.b. through 12.c. is prohibited from purchasing or receiving a firearm. I understand that a person who answers "yes" to question 12.d.1. isprohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm, unless the person answers "yes" to question 12.d.2. and provides the documentation required in18.c. I also understand that making any false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to thistransaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I further understand that the repetitivepurchase of firearms for the purpose of resale for livelihood and profit without a Federal firearms license is a violation of Federal law. (SeeInstructions for Question 14.)

The NRA supported the obamacare act if it didn't give physician the right to ask you if you have guns in your homes, if the obamacare act is repealed it may give doctors the authority to ask you that question on your medical examination.The doctor could deny you help solely based on your non cooperation in refusing to answer that question.

Also in California if you do not want to answer that question" do you have a MM card" on the federal background check when buying a hand gun in a gun store under the federal law you do not have to answer that question. The buyer can mark no on the application and the federal government would have no way of knowing if you do or not.

Since RM has been passed in states example California it would be impossible to register somone who is a recreational smoker since it is legal by state law.

Until the government can get your medical records opened there is no way to verify that you are a toker.

Marksman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let them smoke weed all they want as long as they turn in their guns drivers license and license plates
if thc. Is what gets them stupid that stays in fat tissues up to 21 days if they use it once a week they will never get thc out of their system
problem solved. Take a taxi to work and hope the employer doesn't dope test

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pay attention to the felony portion

I certify that my answers in Section A are true, correct, and complete. I have read and understand the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on ATFForm 4473. I understand that answering "yes" to question 11.a. if I am not the actual transferee/buyer is a crime punishable as a felony underFederal law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I understand that a person who answers "yes" to any of the questions 11.b. through 11.iand/or 12.b. through 12.c. is prohibited from purchasing or receiving a firearm. I understand that a person who answers "yes" to question 12.d.1. isprohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm, unless the person answers "yes" to question 12.d.2. and provides the documentation required in18.c. I also understand that making any false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to thistransaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I further understand that the repetitivepurchase of firearms for the purpose of resale for livelihood and profit without a Federal firearms license is a violation of Federal law. (SeeInstructions for Question 14.)
Like I said how are they going to find out regardless if that person marks no, how are they going to say your lying. If the gun store calls in to see if you are eligible to purchase a gun over the counter. ATF says yep he is legal how is the gun owner going to know either way if that buyer is a toker. Or if the ATF going to know if he is a toker

READ THIS
OBAMACARE NRA

2.jpg

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/04/21/dea-approves-ptsd-marijuana-study/83356604/

DEA approves PTSD marijuana study
The research first received approval in March 2014 from the Health and Human Services Department and was set to get underway at the University of Arizona and other locations within a year. But the program was delayed after the Tucson, Arizona, school terminated the contract of Dr. Sue Sisley, who was then the primary researcher on the program.
Marcel Bonn-Miller with the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine is now overseeing the project, with Sisley running half the study in Arizona and Ryan Vandrey overseeing the other half at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland.
Work also will be conducted at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Participants will include 76 veterans who have treatment-resistant PTSD. The study will use marijuana of various strains and potency for comparison purposes.

SO do these veterans who fought terrorist not allowed to buy a gun either, even though it is legal on a federal level by the DEA

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never experienced that. what was it? I don't know of any pain prescription that would be prescribed for more than a very short time that would do that. But people can react differently to anything I guess. No wonder I can't stand to listen to Rush anymore, he's clean ;:;rofl

Percs once and Vicodin I only took it if I had to and it messed me up. It might be for the fact I try to not even take aspirin or Tylenol or any meds unless I real need it but that shit messed me up. I was like a zombie.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let them smoke weed all they want as long as they turn in their guns drivers license and license plates
if thc. Is what gets them stupid that stays in fat tissues up to 21 days if they use it once a week they will never get thc out of their system
problem solved. Take a taxi to work and hope the employer doesn't dope test

Stupid. You can easily apply your reasoning to alcohol.

- - - Updated - - -

I work around 3 alcoholics. Alcohol has and continues to wreck their lives. These individuals are old enough to be my dad. They have the responsibility of a teenager. They can't and won't ever get their shit together.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell there all mind altering in one way or the other. You want a what the hell moment when you wake up try taking an Ambien after drinking. Woke up the next day and apparently it was time to clean out the fridge and rearrange the freezer sometime during the evening before but I had zero memory of it. that said it was all done perfectly so hell maybe I should take it more often.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
many pain killers have a big high.
Mix with alcohol like many do and you have serious addictions..The pill issue in the US is huge

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
LEO"s are going to have to be able to check if your card is legal so you name will be in a registry.

Lunker posted " Like I said how are they going to find out regardless if that person marks no, how are they going to say your lying. If the gun store calls in to see if you are eligible to purchase a gun over the counter. ATF says yep he is legal how is the gun owner going to know either way if that buyer is a toker. Or if the ATF going to know if he is a toker "

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/65-2017/documents/17-0630-05000.pdf

19 - 24.1 - 03. Qualifying patients - Registration .
1. A qualifying patient is not eligible to purchase, use, or possess usable marijuana under the
medical marijuana program unless the qualifying patient has a valid registry identification card.
2. A qualifying patient application for a registry identification card is complete and eligible for
review if an applicant submits to the department:
a. A nonrefundable annual application fee in the amount of fifty dollars, with a personal
check or cashier's check payable to "North Dakota S tate Department of Health , Medica l
Marijuana Program".
b. An original written certification, which must include:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the practice location of the
applicant's health care provider;
(2) The health care provider's North Dakota license number;
(3) The health care provider's medical or nursing specialty;
(4) The applicant's name and date of birth;
5) The applicant's debilitating medical condition and the medical justification for the
health care provider's certification of the patient's debilitating medical condition;
(6) Attestation the written certification is made in the course of a bona fide providerpatient
relationship and that in the provider's professional opinion the applicant is
likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marijuana to
treat or alleviate the applicant's debilitating medical condition;
(7) Whether the health care provider authorizes the patient to use the dried leaves or
flowers of the plant of the genus cannabis in a combustible delivery form; and
(8) The health care provider's signature and the date.
c. An original qualifying patient application for a registry identification card form established
by the department which must include all of the following:
(1) The applicant's name, address, and date of birth.
(2) The applicant's social security number.
(3) The name, address, and date of birth of the applicant's proposed designated
caregiver, if any.
(4) A photographic copy of the applicant's North Dakota identification. The North
Dakota identification must be available for inspection and verification upon reques t
of the department. If the applicant is a minor, a certificated copy of a birth record is
required.
(5) The applicant's or guardian's signature and the date, or in the case of a minor, the
signature of the minor's parent or legal guardian with responsibility for health care
decisions and the date.
d. A signed consent for release of medical information related to the applicant's debilitating
medical condition, on a form provided by the department.
e. A recent two-by-two inch [5.08-by-5.08 centimeter] photograph of the applicant.
f. Any other information or material required by rule adopted under this chapter.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There it is in bold black letters, obi wan can you see the problem with that? I thought maybe you would see why i brought up Obamacare, NRA and consent forms. Those bold black letters are not legal by federal law.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps those slippery congressman are in for a big wake up call someone will fight that consent form but on the other hand those few who are getting mm for a debilitating disease are not looking to buy a gun anytime soon. It just gives authority the option to raid your home and confiscate the guns already in your possession.
Obi wan what about the military personnel who are prescribed mm on a federal level? Will they allowed to buy a gun since the federal government has allowed them to toke mm.

- - - Updated - - -

http://cmclarklaw.com/2015/09/23/the-ssa-the-va-and-your-guns/

You may have recently read that the Social Security Administration (SSA) is hammering out new regulations to comply with President Obama’s 2013 Executive Order requiring all Federal agencies to ‘share’ more information with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The SSA is apparently proposing to deem Social Security recipients who have an appointed Representative Payee (Rep Payee) “mental defectives,” and strip them of their Second Amendment rights by adding them to NICS.

This isn’t a new idea – the Veterans Administration (VA) has been doing it for years. According to an April 2015 press release from IA Senator Chuck Grassley, as of June 1, 2012, 99.3% of all names reported to the NICS list’s “mental defective” category were provided by the VA. According to the VA, about 177,000 veterans or veterans’ survivors are on that list.

When the VA determines that a veteran is “incompetent” (which is a term so broad that it can mean anything from being unable to balance a checkbook to believing you’re an alien from another planet) and appoints a VA Fiduciary to handle the veteran’s VA compensation, that veteran’s Second Amendment rights are unilaterally stripped from him. His name is entered into the NICS system and he becomes a “prohibited person” under federal firearms laws.

Bye, bye guns.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marijuana is illegal by federal law..... You can't pick and chose which federal laws you are going to follow, unless you are a liberal.
There it is in bold black letters, obi wan can you see the problem with that? I thought maybe you would see why i brought up Obamacare, NRA and consent forms. Those bold black letters are not legal by federal law.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps those slippery congressman are in for a big wake up call someone will fight that consent form but on the other hand those few who are getting mm for a debilitating disease are not looking to buy a gun anytime soon. It just gives authority the option to raid your home and confiscate the guns already in your possession.
Obi wan what about the military personnel who are prescribed mm on a federal level? Will they allowed to buy a gun since the federal government has allowed them to toke mm.

I don't know, but if someone is suffering from PTSD are they in the right state of mind to buy a gun?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7