DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just in case you guys didn't know Measure 5 Medical Marijuana will be able to be smoked in North Dakota with a prescription BABY!
Next stop on the federal level

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the back-and-forth between them......ok, maybe not. It's like being a fly on the wall but not actually wishing you were....dumb followed by dumb. Let it go guys and let's get back to the fact that children with seizures will be better off for this. Every law gets abused one way or another.

And it passed with 64%......

Last edited:

weedy1

Founding Member
Founding Member
First, I must tell you that I voted yes on Measure 5. As a father and grandfather of 4, I am concerned about recreational use and the potential impacts on those who use, especially if they drive.

In my own personal case, I have been using various forms of chemotherapy for 3 and 1/2 years. The drugs are not a cure just a method of prolonging my life. I have been on pain medications for the past 18 months and that put me in the hospital earlier this year. The pain meds shut down your digestive process and resulted in a partial blockage of my intestine. My appetite has been severely impacted and I have lost 105 pounds since starting the chemo regimen. I have infusions every other week and If I did not have insurance those two visits would cost me approximately $35,000. Total medical charges in the past 12 months would have cost me about $500,000.

Any thing that could possibly cut down on the pain meds I am taking and increase my appetite would be a real blessing. That is just my personal case, but I have seen many faces in the infusion unit at the hospital that would possibly benefit as well. With regulated use you have information about the chemical levels in a pill or the leaves. With unregulated products you would always be guessing as to the potency. You can't tell by smell or taste like you can with an alcoholic drink.

The DAPL protests have already burned up $6 million and another $4 million has been requested. The estimated cost of the Health Depart setting up and operating the oversight required is estimated at less than half of that. Just putting things in perspective.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Key to Healing Broken Bones May Be Found in This Illegal Drug

The illegal drug that could heal broken bones faster
Researchers, while studying rats with broken femurs, discovered that a specific component found in marijuana could help with the healing and strengthening process of bones.
16984548569_601c6e0caf_z_large.jpg

As published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, cannabidol, or CBD, a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants and the cannabinoid not responsible for the psychoactive effects of marijuana -- that's tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC -- was found to heal broken femurs in rats in just eight weeks. Researchers claimed that not only did the study demonstrate that the rat femurs healed faster, but it also appeared to show that CBD helped bones mineralize better. Thus, scientists postulated that CBD could be a drug worth looking into for the treatment of osteoporosis.
Cannabidol's numerous possible uses
The findings of researchers at Tel Aviv University and Hebrew University of Jerusalem may not actually come as a surprise to some folks because CBD, as a separate entity from THC, in marijuana has shown promise in other indications.

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-...-healing-broken-bones-may-be-found-in-th.aspx

weedy1

Founding Member
Founding Member
lunkerslayer,

Now you have raised my excitement level. In mid-2013 I broke a femur bone due a cancerous lesion. That's when I discovered the renal cancer which resulted in the removal of one of my kidneys in 2011 had returned. Part of my pain issue is associated with the femur not healing and relying on the titanium rod to keep the bone in place. Monthly one of my chemo infusions is a bone hardener to prevent more lesions from occurring on other bones in my body. So, a combination of pain reduction and possible strengthening of my femur bone as well would be a double benefit. Good news for me and others with bone issues associated with cancer!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
weedy1 unfortunately it was only tested on rats until the federal government actually allows for human test subjects it will only be a speculation.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-wary-on-trump?cmpid=yhoo.headline&yptr=yahoo
The legal-weed industry that celebrated victories in eight states last week is now warily eyeing the coming Trump administration. Four words stoking angst at the moment: Attorney General Rudy Giuliani.
The former New York City mayor isjust one of several people floated as potential picks, but his fervent anti-marijuana stance has made him a focus as investors, retailers, growers and others in the cannabis business gather this week in Las Vegas for two big conferences. While President-elect Donald Trump has sent mixed signals, many in his inner circle are no fans of legalization. The next U.S. Justice Department could easily ditch the noninterference policy in force since 2013. Pot is illegal under federal law.
“We’re looking at worst-case scenarios,” said Emily Paxhia, managing director of Poseidon Asset Management LLC in San Francisco, which has invested more than $10 million in cannabis ventures.

Voters in California, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada on Nov. 8 raised to eight the number of states where,come January, recreational-pot use won’t be a crime. Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton “definitely muted the celebrations,” Paxhia said.
There’s no telling, though, whether the Republican administration will cause any trouble. Trump has called legalizing marijuana for anything other than medicinal purposes a “bad” experiment but has also said it’s a matter for the states. Vice President-elect Mike Pence was as Indiana governor a proponent of increasing penalties for possession, and others close to Trump including Giuliani and Chris Christie are on record as being fiercely anti-pot. But the venture-capital fund of transition-team member Peter Thiel has put money into weed. The team didn’t respond to e-mails seeking comment.
Read More: Up in Smoke -- A QuickTake on U.S. Marijuana Laws
Cannabis is a $6 billion-a-year business, projected to triple as the new states set up their infrastructures. One-in-five adults will be living in legal-weed states by the time Trump is inaugurated. In 28 states, including four that just voted to join, medicinal marijuana will be lawful.

The legalization trend has sent marijuana-related stocks surging. Kush Bottles Inc., which makes packaging for the cannabis industry, more than doubled this year before Election Day last week. It has lost ground since then. Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. also rallied this year. Though the company is best known for lawn care, its hydroponics products are used by weed growers. The stock is up 32 percent in 2016.
“It’s going to be impossible to put it back in the bag,” said Dona Frank, chief executive officer of Santa Rosa, California-based Natural Cannabis Co., which owns dispensaries. “It would be smarter just to tax and regulate. Everybody voted for it, everybody wants it.”
Still, the industry would be foolish not to brace for the worst, said Jonathan Caulkins, a professor at Carnegie Mellon University and author of “Marijuana Legalization: What Everyone Needs to Know.” Trump could be persuaded by advisers to end the blind-eye doctrine, and his attorney general will have the authority to force businesses dealing in federally illicit products to close.
“It’s really easy to shut them down,”Caulkins said. “You just write a letter and threaten to seize their stuff.”

Taylor West, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association, said the group has its ground game ready: educating members of Congress from the new legal-weed states to “bring them into the fold,” and reminding the Trump White House that 60 percent of U.S. residents have access to some form of legal marijuana.Paxhia said strategizing will be on attendees’ agendas at the two Vegas events, Marijuana Business Daily’s 5th Annual Marijuana Business Conference & Expo and the Arcview Investor Forum, sponsored by Arcview Investor Network, whose members back cannabis enterprises.
“Right now there is some uncertainty around what Trump administration policy will be,” West said. “This type of moment is exactly what we’ve been preparing for.”

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/congress-spending-bill-protects-medical-pot-states-205343224.html

proposed $1 trillion spending bill that funds the government through September.

The language prevents the Justice Department from using any of its funding to “prevent” those states from “implementing their own laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana.”

This amendment, championed by former Reps. Maurice Hinchey, D-N.Y., Sam Farr, D-Calif., and current Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., more than 10 years ago, finally became law in 2014 as part of the omnibus bill that funded fiscal year 2015.

It was unclear if it would be included again this year, given the Trump administration’s harsher tone on legal marijuana. Trump embraced states’ rights to set their own marijuana policies as a candidate, but his attorney general has long opposed loosening laws around pot.

[FONT=&quot]“I am definitely not a fan of expanded use of marijuana,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in late February. “I would just say, it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not.”galizes it or not.”
At least the government is keeping money away from enforcing state laws and Sessions is a dumb[/FONT]

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You may want to think twice before getting a medical card and how you answer 11e on the federal firearms 4473 form. Check no and it's a crime check yes and no new gun for you

1. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized ordecriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You may want to think twice before getting a medical card and how you answer 11e on the federal firearms 4473 form. Check no and it's a crime check yes and no new gun for you

1. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized ordecriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
Well no not technically. They say it's not addicting so...Well they gave people cards so technically it's not illegal. Hmmm might aswell check yes. It's just being honest.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

Only alcoholics can purchase guns and use them against their family, friends, etc.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah it's sad you're not breaking any law under state level, yet Federal background check shows you as a criminal...isn't right. Hopefully it'll change under this administration but I won't hold my breathe. Pretty messed up Marijuana is Scheduled higher than heroin and cocaine...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
love it when everyone looks down on marijuana, even with the numerous positive studies on the plant, but yet will take a hydrocodone or some other prescription pain killer with no issues because its "fda approved." By no means am I for the recreational use of marijuana, and you could call me a hypocrite for drinkin beer every weekend, but there are too many good, life saving, pain reducing effects from this very natural plant too rule out as a viable option for medicine..
I agree with this to an extent but the big difference is that those pain killing drugs aren't "mind altering" like MJ. So it's not a very good comparison. I have no problem legalizing MJ. The employers will determine your usage.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just cuz an individual has a MM card doesnt mean they are using MM. Just like I have a CC permit but that doesnt mean Im carrying...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with this to an extent but the big difference is that those pain killing drugs aren't "mind altering" like MJ. So it's not a very good comparison. I have no problem legalizing MJ. The employers will determine your usage.

really the few times i have had pain killers prescribed to me it was a mind altering trip. Sitting in the recliner for hours and not remembering what i did the next day. I can see how people get hooked on the pain killers

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
really the few times i have had pain killers prescribed to me it was a mind altering trip. Sitting in the recliner for hours and not remembering what i did the next day. I can see how people get hooked on the pain killers

I was prescribed some pretty heavy pain pills for kidney stones once. I'll second your analysis

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49