NFL News (Vikings)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_2843.jpeg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely agree I'm not sure dobbs has the confidence to make the right throws. I watched every throw that was an interception, he was staring at the receiver the whole time. And his accuracy is garbage right now,

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Coaches

Told the wife they will run it and maybe even on third down and leave the Bears with 2 minutes and no timeouts. Miss it on the third down.
Coaches, must live at the desk with a computer like our game and fish does. db

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coaches

Told the wife they will run it and maybe even on third down and leave the Bears with 2 minutes and no timeouts. Miss it on the third down.
Coaches, must live at the desk with a computer like our game and fish does. db
No they seen the guy throw 4 interceptions 3 really bad ones so did not trust him. It would have been better for a int deep as the punt was a net of 20 yards. Coaches can only do so much and the whole lipstick on a pig thing applies here. Dobbs is a career back up at best.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely agree I'm not sure dobbs has the confidence to make the right throws. I watched every throw that was an interception, he was staring at the receiver the whole time. And his accuracy is garbage right now,
I think talent is a big factor. He was better when he didn’t know the offense

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we are now seeing why so many coaches/teams kept passing on the guy. He's an absolute interception machine. The Chicago defensive backs were staring him down the whole game to figure out where he was going to throw it. Absolutely horrible performance in the passing game. The defense played their hearts out, only to lose like this. Damn..

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He holds the ball forever so it’s not all on them. It’s like fields makes the oline look worse than they are holding it. That was all around bad qb play from both sides.
He surely stunk but the oline was pathetic. Run,pass didn’t matter. That’s the cool thing about dvr you can run plays back everytime and see who’s doing their job or not. Dobbs clearly isn’t the solution and it’s pretty apparently why he is on his sixth or seventh team. Here’s the obvious frustration with him. He is a clear threat with his feet. But he can’t use em because his accuracy on the move is horrendous. And without Jefferson the defense can play them straight up. Jefferson forces a double team creating soft spots that cousins at least has the ability to exploit. The seasons over for the Vikings. They need to put the rookie in and roll with him. Worst case scenario they play for a high draft choice and the rookie gets valuable playing time.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
He surely stunk but the oline was pathetic. Run,pass didn’t matter. That’s the cool thing about dvr you can run plays back everytime and see who’s doing their job or not. Dobbs clearly isn’t the solution and it’s pretty apparently why he is on his sixth or seventh team. Here’s the obvious frustration with him. He is a clear threat with his feet. But he can’t use em because his accuracy on the move is horrendous. And without Jefferson the defense can play them straight up. Jefferson forces a double team creating soft spots that cousins at least has the ability to exploit. The seasons over for the Vikings. They need to put the rookie in and roll with him. Worst case scenario they play for a high draft choice and the rookie gets valuable playing time.
Along with the indecision to run he had plenty of openings but his pocket presence is horrible. That was one thing that drove me crazy about kirk was some times instead of stepping up he would just clam up. There was a difference this year with how he was stepping up in the pocket and throwing people open. I am all for putting the rookie in to see what he has.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's been NO team in the league that has made more "This Is Our Guy" statements only to renege on the choice within the following season, or two. No team more than the Vikings front office. It has been a farce since Kramer (1986)

Wade Wilson (2 seasons)
Rich Gannon (3 seasons)
Jim McMahon (1 season)
Warren Moon (3 seasons)
Saun Salisbury (partial replacement from three other QB's injured)
Brad Johnson (1 season)
Randall Cunningham (1 season)
Jeff George (1 season)
Dante Culpepper (5 seasons)
Brad Johnson (2 more seasons)
Tavaris Johnson (1 season)
Gus Frerotte (1 season)
Brett Favre (2 seasons)
Christian Ponder (2.5 seasons)
Matt Cassell (1/2 season)
Teddy Bridgewater (1.5 seasons)
Sam Bradford (1 season)
Case Keenam (1 season)
and finally..... Kirk Cousins 6 seasons & 0 deliveries

I'm not even mentioning the others that played sparingly = Shaun Hill, Josh Freeman, Joe Webb, Donovan McNabb, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb.

Holy cow, Batman!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57