Costco VS Sam's Club

grantfurness

I do Costco, mainly for my glasses & contacts. The savings for those alone is way more than the membership. And sometimes I find a deal in something I want, and they’re the best place in Fargo for meat by far.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking about getting glasses at costco, looked at frames for about 20 minutes, had a couple picked out that I liked. Whole time woman working there was sitting at a computer messing around on her phone, never once asked if I needed help with anything or even said a word to me, she wasnt busy either, there were no other customers in that area at the time. So I left...

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
One also has to consider when you're buying some name brand stuff you're not actually getting the "name brand" quality. For example, Costco does sell Bridgestone Duelers, however there is a lower quality than the name brand line. Costco contracts with major companies in order to achieve a lower price point. Menards does similar things to achieve their marketing "price points".

Costco sells Interstate batteries but you're not getting Interstate battery quality. Interstate Battery store on Main Street will NOT take these in on warranty. You have to go back through Costco.

Menards sells Honeywell products. Honeywell will NOT honor the product sold as it wasn't to their specifications. It was to Menard's specifications.

Yes, Costco does service their own things, but if you live way's out from the store you cannot get the local guy to help you. You're going back to the membership store to settle up.

Yes, there are good deals when you see them. Take 'em because they won't likely be back as they were a one-time purchase by their procurement team.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking about getting glasses at costco, looked at frames for about 20 minutes, had a couple picked out that I liked. Whole time woman working there was sitting at a computer messing around on her phone, never once asked if I needed help with anything or even said a word to me, she wasnt busy either, there were no other customers in that area at the time. So I left...
1707497355912.png

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
One also has to consider when you're buying some name brand stuff you're not actually getting the "name brand" quality. For example, Costco does sell Bridgestone Duelers, however there is a lower quality than the name brand line. Costco contracts with major companies in order to achieve a lower price point. Menards does similar things to achieve their marketing "price points".

Costco sells Interstate batteries but you're not getting Interstate battery quality. Interstate Battery store on Main Street will NOT take these in on warranty. You have to go back through Costco.

Menards sells Honeywell products. Honeywell will NOT honor the product sold as it wasn't to their specifications. It was to Menard's specifications.

Yes, Costco does service their own things, but if you live way's out from the store you cannot get the local guy to help you. You're going back to the membership store to settle up.

Yes, there are good deals when you see them. Take 'em because they won't likely be back as they were a one-time purchase by their procurement team.
Some of this may be true but there is also a lot of BS with claiming things at Sam's and Costco are somehow inferior. If the product is the same model number and Sku its the same product as anywhere. I've bought both BF Goodrich and Toyo tires at these places and they are 100% the same thing as everywhere else, other than the price of course :).

Also, the last battery I bought for my truck was from Walmart. Literally the same exact battery as Interstate except it was $85 cheaper and had a year longer warranty. Most of these batteries are all made at the same few factories and just slap a different label on them.

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of this may be true but there is also a lot of BS with claiming things at Sam's and Costco are somehow inferior. If the product is the same model number and Sku its the same product as anywhere. I've bought both BF Goodrich and Toyo tires at these places and they are 100% the same thing as everywhere else, other than the price of course :).

Also, the last battery I bought for my truck was from Walmart. Literally the same exact battery as Interstate except it was $85 cheaper and had a year longer warranty. Most of these batteries are all made at the same few factories and just slap a different label on them.
My Costco BF Goodrich tires agree with this statement.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Yup this here...interstate made by Johnson controls..local interstate won't take them cause they are pissed you didn't buy from them and spend more money for the SAME battery just different graphics on the outside...wait I guess you could say they are different then....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 166
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90