NFL News (Vikings)

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To add
..you guys need to get out of this football stuff and start watching soccer. Watched a few U.S mens national team games and the pride those guys/games have for our country is absolutely awesome....so far I am hooked. To bad NFL can't follow there footsteps.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
To add
..you guys need to get out of this football stuff and start watching soccer. Watched a few U.S mens national team games and the pride those guys/games have for our country is absolutely awesome....so far I am hooked. To bad NFL can't follow there footsteps.
:sick: meh

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know I know..cause soccer is "gay"..FYI that's a soccer player kissing the U.S. logo..shirt tore up after a skir.ish during a game.
1000006525.jpg

Attachments

Fyt1adKXwAA58aL.jpg_large.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
To add
And Womens Soccer is even better!!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Soccer would be awesome with just a few tweaks like: add ice, swap the ball for a puck, and allow hitting.
Ha it is close to hockey but I would say more rugby like. Although I have only started watching it for about a year...ahh maybe a little longer than a year..time flies

Last edited:

★ Legendary Member
To add
If you haven't been to a Loon's game you should make sure to go this year. The atmosphere is awesome and you don't have to pay $200 plus a ticket for the lower bowl.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
My soccer extent is going to my daughters games last year was the first for both and my older daughter did an indoor league this winter, 9yr and 12yr now. It's not horrible sometimes, for my younger daughter they did a little league in Kindred and my wife coached which was funny because she is not sports savey. With the kids she ended up having for a team it was pretty painful to watch, couple whiney snot nose boys that thought they were pros because they watch soccer, a couple lazy boys and couple girls that actually tried. Better than kids sitting in front of a TV I guess

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you haven't been to a Loon's game you should make sure to go this year. The atmosphere is awesome and you don't have to pay $200 plus a ticket for the lower bowl.
Is this baseball?
Atmosphere goes a long ways that's foresure! Game can be great but if you have a bunch of whiney kneelers it makes the whole game suck.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My soccer extent is going to my daughters games last year was the first for both and my older daughter did an indoor league this winter, 9yr and 12yr now. It's not horrible sometimes, for my younger daughter they did a little league in Kindred and my wife coached which was funny because she is not sports savey. With the kids she ended up having for a team it was pretty painful to watch, couple whiney snot nose boys that thought they were pros because they watch soccer, a couple lazy boys and couple girls that actually tried. Better than kids sitting in front of a TV I guess
I wasn't to familiar with soccer until a guy told me to watch the U.S men's national team(wasnt happy with NFL..looking for a change). He also briefed me up on the rules and a couple players to watch. All that helped a substantial amount. The rules are pretty interesting and alot seems to be based off ref discretion. Not all games are action packed just like football..some you turn off some you watch but overall the passion those guys have for the USA is pretty cool. I don't think I could watch kids soccer unless as you said you had a kid in it then you have atleast someone to support. In the time that I have watched it I have become more interested in the sport especially with all the anti U.S crap in the NFL. I have started watching some European soccer but don't really know who to support etc. Anyways yeah GO U.S.A

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Soccer is a crap sport.

Well coming from him that means about zero....and he obviously has no clue about the sport and it shows his intellect commenting on it. It's like me commenting on cricket..i wont because I know nothing about it...or tennis or whatever sport I know nothing about...maybe he doesn't like it because he can't rig it???

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed,all the fake hits,flops....meh.

Watch the start 0 0,two hours later 0 0
The tie score is not understanding the game. I didn't realize this before I was briefed. They go off a point system. Tie equals 1 point each team. 3 for who wins the game zero for a loss. They play each team usually more than one time depending on brackets. As they go through the season the points are added up which figures into who they are playing..if they have to play the team twice and they tied on previous game it can be a very very good game as they definitely need the points to move on essentially adding to the suspense of the game...the guy I talked to explained it to me as a game of chess(not checkers) A team may have injured players or want to rest a few guys which leads to a tie vs a win..alot more to the game then I realized. Flopping has also been hit hard..they can now technically be carded which can lead to an ejection from the game for embellishment. I get its not for everyone...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's face it, at the higher end of each sport...you are seeing some of the best at that sport and it should be enjoyable to watch. Well, maybe not water polo.

But Dana White is quite wrong in his perception of the degree of difficulty in scoring in soccer. Outside the U.S., soccer is easily the most popular sport in a great majority of countries. That means soccer gets the best athletes available from the respective population.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17