Tract Optics

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any experience with Tract Optics? In particular I am looking at the Tact Toric Hunt Series UHD 30mm 2.5-15x44 FFP for my Ruger 7mm Rem Mag. I do want something that I can at least dial elevation for sure which I would get with this one but if I go up to the PRS Long Range Series I would have the added windage, the Hunt has a basic hold over and windage reticle and the PRS has the Christmas tree reticle which I am not sure I would like or fully need. This gun is primary my whitetail gun at this point and most my shots have always been 200yds and in, but I will be taking this on my upcoming Aoudad hunt and am not sure on what to expect for shot distances right now and if I ever go elk hunting odds are this will be the gun I take. I am also in the market for a good spotting scope which would be used for mule deer archery hunting among other hunting uses so I am interested in their 22-45x65 spotting scope. I got to look at their products at this years Sportsman's Show and they seemed nice there, the rifle scopes seemed on the heavy side which I don't mind a little bit of weight, and indoors the glass seemed good to me. To me their prices are decent and I know that quality optics cost money, would love a Swaro spotting scope but just not in the budget at this time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been wanting to do some upgrades to my Ruger M77 Mark II 7mm Rm Mag Stainless with factory plastic stock. First upgrade is a Timney adjustable trigger as mine is a really heavy pull and I am tired of it after shooting guns with better triggers, if there are any other options I should look into let me know. Second is I have been wanting to replace the factory stock but I have had a hard time finding many options, would like something that has a little more vertical grip than the sporter style and so far Boyd's seems to have the most options for my rifle. I do like the look of laminate and a little added weight should soak up some recoil, for the most part wieght isn't a huge concern for me as most of my rifle hunting consists of short walks to a spot to sit or a blind and just hang out so I'm not beating brush or climbing up and down a bunch of elevation changes. If anyone has other stock suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks,

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy has the Toric 3-15x42 T-plex. I mounted it and sighted it in for him (long story). The scope adjustments were very precise from on-paper @ 100yds from getting on paper, to dialing to an estimate for 200yds, finally fine-tuning a precise zero @ 200yds.

When you get much above 12x, the edges get "soft", not as crisp as the center even when focus and parallax were fine-tuned. I don't think that would stop me from buying one that met my needs though. Precise adjustments I mentioned above are much more important than the last 10-15% edge clarity for me.

Honestly, those "Boat Paddle" Rugers are worth so much right now, I'd sell/trade it on something that already has the feature set you're looking for (good trigger, & different stock ergos). Along the way you're likely to be able to ditch the 3.34" mag box of the Ruger and end up with a rifle that allows more room in the belly, 3.6"+ giving you more options for seating bullet depth.

For the $1300 a new Tract Spotter costs, I'd probably opt for trying to hunt down a used/demo Leica, Kowa, or Swaro.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy has the Toric 3-15x42 T-plex. I mounted it and sighted it in for him (long story). The scope adjustments were very precise from on-paper @ 100yds from getting on paper, to dialing to an estimate for 200yds, finally fine-tuning a precise zero @ 200yds.

When you get much above 12x, the edges get "soft", not as crisp as the center even when focus and parallax were fine-tuned. I don't think that would stop me from buying one that met my needs though. Precise adjustments I mentioned above are much more important than the last 10-15% edge clarity for me.

Honestly, those "Boat Paddle" Rugers are worth so much right now, I'd sell/trade it on something that already has the feature set you're looking for (good trigger, & different stock ergos). Along the way you're likely to be able to ditch the 3.34" mag box of the Ruger and end up with a rifle that allows more room in the belly, 3.6"+ giving you more options for seating bullet depth.

For the $1300 a new Tract Spotter costs, I'd probably opt for trying to hunt down a used/demo Leica, Kowa, or Swaro.
Thanks, any advice on where you like to look for used/demo optics?
Selling or trading my 7mm isn't an interest to me especially because it was the first gun I bought with my own money, I think anyways. A Timney trigger really isn't that much and might just do that and a scope first then go from there, I think the stock is more of a want than a performance upgrade at this point.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
CamerlandNY and Eurooptics both have demo pages. Watch Bisman and Marketplace too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17