Representative Dockter

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he should have known better. There are conflict of interest rules for a reason. If you have ANY question on the reasonableness of buying/investing in a building that as a legislator you may have some sway on whether your property is going to get public funds, it would have been best to just punt.

In general, I don't have an issue with a legislator whose primary source of income is rental properties renting to the State, but that legislator best show an incredible amount of restraint in their legislative role when it comes to influencing if a state agency is going to rent their property.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So they were betting on if something passes or not? Did he come out ahead?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well there's no way he didn't know what he was doing. He voted to send our money to pay for his building. A building leased by the A.G. that had that pesky cost overrun of over a million dollars.

"Republican House Majority Leader Mike Lefor said the case is concerning because “legislators aren’t going to feel comfortable knowing what a conflict of interest is.”

“I’m thinking that we need to visit legislative rules, look at state statutes and have a thoughtful conversation with the Ethics Commission so that we can make absolutely sure that legislators are not looking over their shoulder worrying about does it rise to the level of a conflict of interest or not?” Lefor said.

He called it a “slippery slope” for scenarios of a legislator who is a teacher voting on an education bill or a farmer voting on agricultural issues."

Haha! What percentage of our legislators are farmers or teachers (including retired)? They seem plenty comfortable. Silliest was the 18 year old dairy farm kid who was planted there to put a bill forward to define milk. Don't use your position to cash checks from the taxpayers and you'll be fine.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Republican House Majority Leader Mike Lefor said the case is concerning because “legislators aren’t going to feel comfortable knowing what a conflict of interest is.”

they dont know what ethics are

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
So they were betting on if something passes or not? Did he come out ahead?
They were more than just betting, this thing is over the top. The cost overruns were outrages and many of the overruns were not backed up by invoices.

The report also cited $322,005 in payments without invoices to Frontier Contracting, another Dockter-owned company that worked on the project. Schorsch said Gallion's team didn't ask for the invoices in dispute.

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/lo...cle_13b9c9aa-56ec-11ed-838a-8ff00b0108db.html

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He is crooked..Said it years ago. I am sure he will twist it to make it like it wasn't his fault. I agree with Allen you should absolutely know better. Don't even try and skirt the lines...any if us doing it and we would pay the price.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The little nugget in the article I read was how he couldn't be prosecuted for having done the same thing in 2021 because the statute of limitations had expired. Really, the statute of limitations is really that short on something like this?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he should have known better. There are conflict of interest rules for a reason. If you have ANY question on the reasonableness of buying/investing in a building that as a legislator you may have some sway on whether your property is going to get public funds, it would have been best to just punt.

In general, I don't have an issue with a legislator whose primary source of income is rental properties renting to the State, but that legislator best show an incredible amount of restraint in their legislative role when it comes to influencing if a state agency is going to rent their property.
seems like half of those in legislature run for office just to personally benefit from the influence they gain in govt...

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this true?
I’m not certain exactly how much he made on it but there were over 300k in payments made without invoices….. and the building itself ran over a million over budget from what I understand. According to the article the maximum punishment was a 3k fine or a year in jail…… so he will pay the 3k fine and have a deferred sentence…keep his legislative seat….. Pocket the hundreds of thousands or millions he made and not one fucking person will learn a lesson here and this shit will continue for the next politician to dip their grubby little dick beaters in the taxpayer pot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55