Snow totals

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it is safe to assume that if BPS cancels school before the first flake falls we wont get much.

I'm not criticizing them, just think it's funny that it happens every time they do.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it is safe to assume that if BPS cancels school before the first flake falls we wont get much.

I'm not criticizing them, just think it's funny that it happens every time they do.

I'm angrier at this move way more than I should be.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm angrier at this move way more than I should be.

As far as I can tell, it’s not too bad in Fargo, but I’m okay with the school cancellation. Last night at about 8:30 I checked the radar and it looked like a hurricane had made landfall in NE and was headed our way. I would’ve cancelled school too.

302A84DC-FE86-49F6-9C57-1DC59ECD3A56.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
they could of cancelled in the am like when i was a kid. but thats fine -- imo were trending to school year around -- you read fb and to many moms saying little johnny cant go to school. Thats fine -- go year around and flex the days / have winter breaks. FB starts the beginning of August --Baseball consumes 100% of the summer ---- summer is shot for most parents anyway.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as I can tell, it’s not too bad in Fargo, but I’m okay with the school cancellation. Last night at about 8:30 I checked the radar and it looked like a hurricane had made landfall in NE and was headed our way. I would’ve cancelled school too.

What happened to canceling in the morning? Every time the weather people hype up a storm, it turns into a dud.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.6 inches of snow in bismarck mind you we did get stuck in some weird ass donut hole setup where we we were literally the last ones to have it start snowing.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I left Fargo this morning at 5 am headed for Thief River Falls and Grand Forks. They had just closed I-29 when I left so I jumped over to hwy 75 on MN side and made it about 20 miles S of Crookston before I pulled the plug and decided to tuck tail and head back to shop. Definitely worse the further north you go. Very thankful for the snow missing us at my place.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
they could of cancelled in the am like when i was a kid. but thats fine -- imo were trending to school year around -- you read fb and to many moms saying little johnny cant go to school. Thats fine -- go year around and flex the days / have winter breaks. FB starts the beginning of August --Baseball consumes 100% of the summer ---- summer is shot for most parents anyway.

Agree, we've gone soft. No more laughing at southern people when they freak out at weather, we're just as bad. I don't see why they couldn't wait til morning, it was pretty clear from the forecasts that Bismarck could essentially be missed by this storm. Maybe notify people to prepare arrangements for their kids just in case, which of course anyone with a bit of common sense would do anyway. If you don't want your kids to go to school due to the weather, don't send them.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know meteorologists got it wrong, but I think we're ALL thankful we didn't get the rain they thought we could, especially in the east. I did not need an inch or more of rain on top of the snow we already have. I was prepared for the worst - water in the basement, weight on the roof, etc. and woke up to a best-case scenario. Fargo Public Works is now able to focus on opening storm drains instead of moving slush and heavy snow which will help with the melt coming next week.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
They missed it a bit in SD too, but not everywhere. The Black Hills got over 2' at higher elevations. The wind has been wicked as well, pretty good drifts. I am glad for the wildlife it blew a lot or areas clean. I had about 6" of new stuff on the ground last night and woke up to bare ground...and 4' drifts.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

You would be amazed at how crappy the country roads around Bismarck were this morning. I slacked off because the kids were out of school and didn't even try to come in until almost 9. After seeing what I'd guess to be about an inch of snow in my driveway, I was floored at the drifting. I went through a pair of ~3 ft deep drifts before I went a couple miles. Two vehicles stuck in ditches, one main road was blocked off by LE, looked like they either had an accident they were dealing with, or were recovering another vehicle from the ditch.

Then I get into Bismarck and all was good, hell...it was like a ghost town!

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey all you guys in Bismarck that were disappointed in their snow amounts, man feel your pain, if you want some fun take an hour drive south and east to see what you missed

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82