South Dakota Atty General

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
When was the deceased gentleman reported missing? Did he live alone or was wife waiting at home?

The law enforcement story seems fishy too. Borrowed him his car? What the...

Sorry to hear that, Snow. Hope you get some answers.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow, prayers sent your way. Just like Dirty has mentioned, here today gone tomorrow. Hug your loved ones every chance you get. Life is short.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanx guyz it means alot to here from you all,never seen this coming,like a knuckle ball over home plate.

As I got the news and was in shock via plone my golden retriever could sense something was wrong he climbed in my lap which he never done before....

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it snow, thoughts and prayers for ya!

I'm trying to make amends with my siblings and mother. Got some really bad history that has been hard to get over. Life is too short! stuff like this, and what is going on with BBJ has really got me thinking lately about what is really important in life. And being right is not important.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, so I watched the video, and my armchair prosecutorial skills have come up with some observations.

1. The dude is a lawyer, and that's why he states repeatedly that he did not see the guy and the car together.

2. He bold-faced lied about being on his phone's internet mere minutes ahead of making the 911 call.

3. The deceased man's location, use of flashlight, and fact others had seen him on the shoulder of the road means any other reasonable driver should have seen him.

3a. Whether the guy's story of trying to set his cruise control, or whether he was reading the Biden article is the dividing line. Setting your cruise control is not likely grounds for distracted driving charges, but if a jury believes he was using his phone for email or reading the Biden article, that's a major problem.

4. What he has going in his favor is the sheriff, who also did not see the flashlight laying in the ditch, glasses in the car, or the body on the side of the road. I am not going to go so full on conspiracy theorist to think the sheriff is/was helping cover up anything.

I'd really hate to be on this jury.

FWIW, I watched the full video for a couple of reasons. First being I was the DD and giving someone else a ride home a couple weeks ago and we ran across someone walking down the shoulder of a narrow paved road, on a very dark night, wearing black, with no flashlight and with -40 wind chill. Like him, I sure didn't expect to see anyone walking out in the country well after midnight. While I didn't come even close to hitting her, even at a mere 45 mph it was really fast at how she popped out of the dark on me. So it's been a moment of reflection for me because a very brief lapse in attention could have spelled disaster. In the end I got to be the safe ride home for more than one person that night.

Secondly, the interrogation process is interesting in itself. These interviewers did an excellent job of "trapping" him in bold-faced lies (whether they are relevant is open to interpretation) before letting him in on what they already knew based on the indisputable facts (he clearly is not tech savvy). I NEVER want to meet them on a professional level. Then again, they probably don't want to get to know me either. :D

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too just finished watching the entire video. Completely believable until 50 minutes in.....I'll give you that. After that I stand by my statement. Shit bag liar. Own up to what happened and move forward with the consequences. No respect for the life he took or the people he's affected.

As for the Sheriff, he was negligent at best in his on-scene investigation the night of the crash. I will not speculate on any LEA conspiracy.

And we're supposed to trust people like this or his office?

Last edited:

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you knew that sheriff, he doesn't even qualify to be a Barney Fife nor qualify to have even 1 bullet for his gun .

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you knew that sheriff, he doesn't even qualify to be a Barney Fife nor qualify to have even 1 bullet for his gun .

I don't know about SD, but up here in ND, all you have to do is win a popularity contest to become a Sheriff.

Kinda weird when you really think about it.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't know about SD, but up here in ND, all you have to do is win a popularity contest to become a Sheriff.

Kinda weird when you really think about it.

Just like being elected president...no qualifications needed!

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too just finished watching the entire video. Completely believable until 50 minutes in.....I'll give you that. After that I stand by my statement. Shit bag liar. Own up to what happened and move forward with the consequences. No respect for the life he took or the people he's affected.

As for the Sheriff, he was negligent at best in his on-scene investigation the night of the crash. I will not speculate on any LEA conspiracy.

And we're supposed to trust people like this or his office?

I to just got done watching both interviews and he certainly seems to me to be lying about using his phone. It does seem hard to believe that he didn't see what he hit after the impact and not seeing the flashlight afterwards either. The sherriff and tow truck driver not seeing it is also strange. Also he admits to using internet on his phone while driving to his meeting but denies it as he is driving back until they show him he was then he barely or accidently admits to looking at it just before the impact. Then he admits to sending text messages afterwards when he is driving the sherrifs car back.

The part about having the AG come to Bismarck for a ploygraph made me think please don't let him drive up for that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maury would determine if he were lying in 20 minutes. I'd love to see him take polygraph.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was asked to resign but wouldn't now they're moving to impeach him. I wonder if he'd have been more honest from the start if he'd have kept his job at least for this term. Misdemeanor charges for using his phone just doesn't seem worth lying about it. Also doesn't really seem to show to much remorse for the victim.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82