Unit 3A3 is now "no hunting over bait"

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still can’t wrap my head around scent being illegal. But planting food plots for wildlife is legal. Even Game/Fish plants them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

https://gf.nd.gov/gnf/regulations/docs/cwd/proc-cwd-2021.pdf

Page 1

"As used herein, bait includes grain, seed, mineral, salt, fruit, vegetable nut, hay, any naturally derivedscent or lure (e.g. urine), or natural or manufactured food placed by an individual."

Urine is an example. Yet they ban all naturally derived scents. Even food or curiosity scents with zero risk of containing these prions that "last forever" according to guidance.

"Prions readily bind to soil minerals where they remain infectious (Johnson et al. 2006). If cervidurine containing prions is put on the landscape by deer hunters (e.g., in a scrape or other areaused by cervids), prions may bind to soil and contaminate that location for years or decades."

If you hang a scent wick you may contaminate that location for years or decades. May.

God help us.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Give it 2-5 years...hunting may be the least of our concerns.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did visit with a Travis Leier at 240-3690. He is on the advisory board for 3a4 unit and other units out there.
Good conversation and one may want to call him to get a better understanding of what is going on with the new banning units. db

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did visit with a Travis Leier at 240-3690. He is on the advisory board for 3a4 unit and other units out there.
Good conversation and one may want to call him to get a better understanding of what is going on with the new banning units. db

Do tell.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The entire state just had the worst dust storm I have ever seen and the game and fish is banning deer urine. How could one describe the leaders at the game and fish anything other than obtuse slack jawed infantile ego maniacs?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
guywhofishes:

So was that you when i spoke with travis? db

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
The entire state just had the worst dust storm I have ever seen and the game and fish is banning deer urine. How could one describe the leaders at the game and fish anything other than obtuse slack jawed infantile ego maniacs?

You're right; they should be working to ban dust storms.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55