K- Drill won't cut

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have a 3.5 hp jiffy with a 10 inch bit. She sounds like a Harley.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
old jiffys had a good sound early in the morning, used to hear them all the time hardly ever now.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have a 3.5 hp jiffy with a 10 inch bit. She sounds like a Harley.
My Jiffy is now my sons, but after at least 25+ years, she still starts, cuts and runs like a champ.
This new electric 10 incher I purchased is probably quicker, for sure quieter, but is scent free, and I feel less manly using it.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious if anyone has ever had this issue.

Received my blades back from K-drill(re-sharpened) about 8 holes in the auger completely quit cutting. I may have hit some dirty ice but I didnt think that would stop this type of auger in its tracks. When I mean it wouldnt cut, it wouldnt even make it past the small hole created by the chisel tip.

Anyone else have this happen and did you figure out the issue?!!?

Was it cold out and the blades iced up between the center point and blades? Did you reinstall your blades correctly after they were sharpened?

- - - Updated - - -

The blades icing up is the only issue I’ve ever had. I think I’m on year 4 with a kdrill

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it cold out and the blades iced up between the center point and blades? Did you reinstall your blades correctly after they were sharpened?

- - - Updated - - -

The blades icing up is the only issue I’ve ever had. I think I’m on year 4 with a kdrill

Wait a minute....I thought you had a Livescope? You don't have to drill holes with Livescope....they just catch fish!

Busted! :)

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait a minute....I thought you had a Livescope? You don't have to drill holes with Livescope....they just catch fish!

Busted! :)

Haha. Yes I do have the scope. I used to use a gas auger when the ice got thick. With livescope, the electric drill gets the nod all season long.

speaking of livescope, I’ve had a couple instances where the walleyes in shallow water wouldn’t come closer than 6-8 feet away. I turned it off and went to the Vexilar and started catching fish. A little too much electricity in the water?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haha. Yes I do have the scope. I used to use a gas auger when the ice got thick. With livescope, the electric drill gets the nod all season long.

speaking of livescope, I’ve had a couple instances where the walleyes in shallow water wouldn’t come closer than 6-8 feet away. I turned it off and went to the Vexilar and started catching fish. A little too much electricity in the water?

This topic came up a while ago regarding marcum....marcum uses 2000watts of power,therory in shallow water walleyes are sensitive to this,vexilar uses 400watts,both marcum and vex use the same 200 crystal ice ducer,so yeah suspect your live scope using that 12v battery is alerting your walleyes,maybe drill a couple holes in they're direction and cast to them...j/k.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic came up a while ago regarding marcum....marcum uses 2000watts of power,therory in shallow water walleyes are sensitive to this,vexilar uses 400watts,both marcum and vex use the same 200 crystal ice ducer,so yeah suspect your live scope using that 12v battery is alerting your walleyes,maybe drill a couple holes in they're direction and cast to them...j/k.

This won’t deter me from using live imaging. I just know going forward how to adapt if I see them responding negatively.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the time people get all that fancy tech set up i have already moved and drilled new holes.

- - - Updated - - -

But it’s nice to have 100 percent confirmation that the fish are in fact not there lol.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t even know what a live scope is lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you use a live scope to check the bores on your barrels?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t even know what a live scope is lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you use a live scope to check the bores on your barrels?

Pretty much like a colonoscopy. You take it up the shoot when you purchase one.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If your first 8 holes were fine & then it went to shit I'd say you hit something

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Instead of sending blades out to get sharpened buy a work sharp knife sharpener. Take a permanent marker and color the old bevel that was sharpened on your old blade. Sharpen till you take off all the old marker. I tried it for the first time this winter and worked pretty good. And the fact that you can use the tool to put a razor sharp point on all the knives you own is just gravy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83