Stikemaster Lithium 40V with K drill combo

Mizzou21

Wondering if any of you guys have tried the new StrikeMaster Lithium 40 V with the K drill bit installed on it? How did it work, will it work, etc? I have contacted both Kdrill and StrikeMaster to ask about this set up and was told by K drill as long as the shank is 7/8" it should be fine, but the StrikeMaster may not have enough torque or speed to turn the k drill fast enough for best performance. I was flat out told by StrikeMaster "nope, it won't work." At that point i was also sent a link to purchase a StrikeMaster 8 inch bit.... I did have one of the guys I know at Scheels in Bismarck tell me that he uses the StrikeMaster Honda Lite auger and k drill bit and said it is a cutting machine, but still not sure about the Lithium. I know I can certainly try it and the bit seems to fit, but afraid if i fry the auger it will void the warranty. I supposed if that happens i can say i had the 10 inch bit on that came with it, but i hate to do that type of stuff. Thanks for any input guys and gals!

Founding Member
Founding Member
FB_IMG_1515704818690.jpg

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is there any benefit to go with a k drill other than for saving weight if you already are running the strike master. The strike master bit will be much better for this thicker ice conditions as it clears the holes better.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Strikemaster will have more than enough torque to turn it(way more torque than a drill). The issue you will have is that it is a low rpm unit and the k drill is designed for high rpm.

Mizzou21

The only reason for the k drill bit over the strikemaster is I already own an 8 inch k drill bit. I had to purchase a 10 inch lithium because the 8's were sold out. I can purchase an 8 inch strikemaster bit that I know will work, was just trying to spare myself another $150 since i already own 3 augers...lol

KBV

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run an 8” kdrill bit on a Hondalite strikemaster and it is a cutting machine the slow speed doesn’t affect it much if at all. I ran the lazer bit on the auger one time out and hit something in the ice that dulled it and it would barely cut. Next time out I put my kdrill on to see if it would work and I haven’t taken it off since. I’ve got 3 lazer bits for sale if anybody is looking for one I will never put one back on after having the kdrill. I bet I drilled 500+ holes with the kdrill bit before I had to touch up the blade with a file. A few swipes with the file on the top side of the blade to knock down the curl that had developed and she’s as good as new. I would highly recommend putting the kdrill on instead of the lazer.

KBV

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kdrill bolts right up to a strikemaster power head. Just slide the foam float down remove the Allen head bolt that holds the drill bit adapter on pull that adapter off and bolt kdrill onto power head. I have done this on a 4 stroke strikelite and the 4 stroke hondalite. With the strikelite I had to use a strikemaster extension because the kdrill ended up too close to the power head gear box. The hondalite I didn’t have that problem I bolted kdrill directly to power head. I’m not positive but I’m assuming all strikemaster’s use the same size shafts on their power heads. Auger spins plenty fast for the kdrill and no worries of dulling blades unless you drilled into a rock.

KBV

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kdrill bolts right up to a strikemaster power head. Just slide the foam float down remove the Allen head bolt that holds the drill bit adapter on pull that adapter off and bolt kdrill onto power head. I have done this on a 4 stroke strikelite and the 4 stroke hondalite. With the strikelite I had to use a strikemaster extension because the kdrill ended up too close to the power head gear box. The hondalite I didn’t have that problem I bolted kdrill directly to power head. I’m not positive but I’m assuming all strikemaster’s use the same size shafts on their power heads. Auger spins plenty fast for the kdrill and no worries of dulling blades unless you drilled into a rock.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds pretty simple. Didn't know it was that easy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
does anyone have 8" k-drills on sale right now?

I've had a belly full of the Strikemaster shaver blades getting dull

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
does anyone have 8" k-drills on sale right now?

I've had a belly full of the Strikemaster shaver blades getting dull

I scooped one up at Acme the other day and that was the last 8” in Minot. Scheels, outfitters and home of economy were all out here. I see reeds is out of the 8” now too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19