K-drill rage

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the input on this guys. It's interesting to see the variations in opinions.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep. love them for in the house. got a 10 inch too that now sits in the barn. if you want, i could take a pic of it down a k-drill hole. but, it fits no problem. never even though about it when i ordered it. are we sure the k-drill bits aren't actually 8 inch with the flighting 7.5?
Interesting. no thats fine, I believe you. I've never put a tape to it myself either, maybe it is actually an 8" bit.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Seconded season using the k drill, blades are still ok even when drilling quite of few holes south on Oahe with some sand blown ice to prairie pot holes dirty ice. Going to send the blades in at the end of the season for there free sharpening they offer, nice perk! Blades are holding up better than my Eskimo blades so far.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got an 8" strikemaster and a 10" jiffy propane. Use the 8 most of the time then the 10" comes out towards the spring. Those of you that run the k-drill how much did your complete setup cost you? I'v just trying to justify spending $500+ with 2 perfectly fine augers in the garage already. It's only a matter of time though, I'm sure I'll spend 500+ on far dumber things in the meantime.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got an 8" strikemaster and a 10" jiffy propane. Use the 8 most of the time then the 10" comes out towards the spring. Those of you that run the k-drill how much did your complete setup cost you? I'v just trying to justify spending $500+ with 2 perfectly fine augers in the garage already. It's only a matter of time though, I'm sure I'll spend 500+ on far dumber things in the meantime.
Sad to admit this but with the drill, 3 batteries, 8" flighting, extra blades, extension X2 (for winnipeg), clam plate, and conversion clam adaptor, i'm north of $500 deep for sure. I did spread it out over 3-4 years though, so that wasn't all at once.

Nmariner

Established Member
Sad to admit this but with the drill, 3 batteries, 8" flighting, extra blades, extension X2 (for winnipeg), clam plate, and conversion clam adaptor, i'm north of $500 deep for sure. I did spread it out over 3-4 years though, so that wasn't all at once.

Is the Clam Plate worth it?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the Clam Plate worth it?

Yes X10. Makes it easier to hold I drill straighter with it. Can put your auger on its side in water and not have to worry about the drill getting wet. Reduces torque on the chuck.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to say my dual flighting 9.5 bit with my gator is still the cats meow and now I have three gators and three 9.5 bits. I need to find someone who can make me some more flights for two of the bits. I also found replacement batteries for the gator from Ebay. By far the best set up for a big bit
I tried to buy some 10 inch flights from Doug kluge but he wasnt going to help anyone who bought anything from that crook. That's what he told be when I called him up last spring lol

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to say my dual flighting 9.5 bit with my gator is still the cats meow and now I have three gators and three 9.5 bits. I need to find someone who can make me some more flights for two of the bits. I also found replacement batteries for the gator from Ebay. By far the best set up for a big bit
I tried to buy some 10 inch flights from Doug kluge but he wasnt going to help anyone who bought anything from that crook. That's what he told be when I called him up last spring lol

How much do those Gator setups weight

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How much do those Gator setups weight

35 pounds ish depends on how many flights are added it will drill through 4 feet of ice and not have to pull up to clear out the shavings. It's a beast like the old jiffy 10 stx i own that auger would drill through 4 feet of ice the same I never had to lift it up to clean out the shavings.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 8 inch k drill on my ice gator pretty much rips though the ice.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Burned up one drill and about 4 batteries with k drill and dewalt last year when ice got thick. If you need an entirely new setup, i’d steer clear of the kdrill and get a strikemaster. Drill+kdrill+extension+clam is way more than the strikemaster or ion. Havent drilled many holes thus far with the strikemaster but i think i’ll like it. Kdrill worked great until ice got 20+”, then batteries got hot. I loved the lightweight, but it’s now sitting in the shed by my old jiffy.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a dewalt guy so when I say Milwaukee drills are superior to dewalt that's saying a lot. I have owned dewalt since 97 bought my first dewalt drill with my angel fund money after the flood from acme tools. I dont know what happened to dewalt over twenty years but they are not the go to top of the line as they were.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
8 inch kdrill is a huge load on a 1/2 drill, my new milaukee didnt last long on my k drill and never drilled in ice more than 16 inches thick.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truth about these k drills is coming out.

Buy an Ice auger made for ice fishing. Strikemaster 40v. And be done.

These city slickers don’t need a $200 drill to hang a picture once a year anyways. ��

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truth about these k drills is coming out.

Buy an Ice auger made for ice fishing. Strikemaster 40v. And be done.

These city slickers don’t need a $200 drill to hang a picture once a year anyways. ��

They will need to change the design to a dual flight shaver system much more efficient type of auger. That's what the gator bit is dual flight with 4 cutting blades and the 5 inch mora blades are what it takes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19