2016 NDA Get Together @ Lake Sakakawea With A Fishing Tourney

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, let's get er in the books. Or at least start planning n kicking some ideas around for a get together that will include a 1 day or 2 day tourney (bragging rights tourney) , whichever works best for everybody. I'm guessing a one dayer on a Saturday would be best, unless we plan this thing far enough out so we can make it a long weekend event. Possible locations, Sportsman Centennial, Ft. Stevenson area. Ft. Stevenson has better hookups I believe. So with that said, who's in and let's make it happen.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in.
depending on the weekend, I can make almost any. And am a fan of fishing and fun

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I've been thinking about this. I wonder if Audubon would be better.

I think having a good location for gathering is key. Could rent a cabin at Ft Stevenson.

An ice fishing or bird hunting gathering would be cool too.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could maybe host a pheasant hunt. Or a grouse hunt for those who aren't too out of shape. The best time for pheasant would be late in the fall. They come into the yard and can be thick.

- - - Updated - - -

Or come fish Alkaline, everyone else seems to be.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to be at Fort Stevenson for 2 weeks starting Sunday night :;:rockit. Is that to short of a notice to get it lined up? :::

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in but don't have a camper. So, anywhere works for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just not the third week in June.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
a pheasant hunt would be super awesome! not that fishing wouldnt be, but i dont think ill be making the drive all the way to Sak, i wouldnt even know where to begin there either i've never dipped a toe in that water

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got Lots of pheasant land around tobacco gardens we could do a fin and feather weekend event. I got lots of area to park campers just no hookups

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
ice fishing on Audubon sounds like a great idea...be careful on your wording for "tournament" as and actual tournament needs to be registered with the state

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
anything, anytime, anywhere it would be a go for me. prime time June on Audubon, Sak. in July.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you eastern guys should make the journey, we could do a shoot and fish type of weekend. Lots of Rudy's around the lake.

I am in for any of it, shoot in the morning, so as to not have anyone doing any drinking and shooting, then do some drinking and fishing in the afternoon.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well i would put some thought into it if someone took me under their wing to fish Sak it would be fun to get on there once, but like i said i dont have a clue where to even start on that body of water the most i've ever done is drove over it on the way out to try and arrow mule deer... key word being "try"

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
An ice fishing get together sounds scary. Unfortunately, that my busiest time of the year. I'm in for whatever. Lets get it figured out.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I would likely leave mrs johnr home and could fit a few extra in the Lund, if you are okay with riding in it.

I fish the lake a ton, but mostly the west side, I have fished out of Pick City, and Hazen areas a bunch too.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
no worries arrowdem. Plenty of guys here to show you the ropes of sakakawea. It's one of bodies of water that lets you think you know it one day and then makes you look like a fool the next day. Depending on area of launch, I can take my boat or my dads.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well lets see where all this planning gets us, i got an elk hunt planned for sept in idaho might be out west for mule deer early sept and possibly a white tail hunt in south dakota then chasing whitetails at home with bow maybe rifle (should know by end of Oct......) ;) we will see if i can throw in a weekend get away to sak if the dates line up!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
a pheasant hunt would be super awesome! not that fishing wouldnt be, but i dont think ill be making the drive all the way to Sak, i wouldnt even know where to begin there either i've never dipped a toe in that water

I haven't fished the lake in about 20 years and that was trolling around with downriggers for salmon. That said, it sounds like you use a bottom bouncer and a lindy/spinner or you can get really fancy with reef runners. I would be game if there are no conflicts in schedule.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll try to make it, but 2016 is a loooooooong way off for me to plan stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77