Chukar, Chukar, CHUKAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gG4g5_GJg

- - - Updated - - -

There is a flock of Chukars that hangs out in the 26th and Divide area by the Sleepy Hollow park in Bismarck, been there for several years. Saw a news story on them last year I think, G&F thinks they were released or escaped a farm and have set up camp and survived well on their own.

I've often wondered about them in the TR park area.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great story and some nice looking birds. Now go catch a sturgeon so we can be even more jealous.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The domestic ones I have had were pretty good (wasn't gonna let training birds go to waste). Pretty much all white meat.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yah, well done K.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a flock of Chukars that hangs out in the 26th and Divide area by the Sleepy Hollow park in Bismarck, been there for several years. Saw a news story on them last year I think, G&F thinks they were released or escaped a farm and have set up camp and survived well on their own.

survived well on their own. LMAO. I know the guy feeding them a block away from where you say you see them.

I see them throughout town. sometimes on roofs of houses. Especially in the winter time.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's freakn' funny Risto. I still think there's a possibility for survival in the oil patch around Watford. I don't know, I love stuff like that. I still have to make it to Spiritwood.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
one even funnier Svnmag. I'm delivering mail at one of the Condos recently on Montreal street. I hear a knock on the glass near the front door. Finish mail delivery and check the front door, from the inside of course. Dang Chukar pecking at the glass beside the front door. With another Chukar. Maybe they want in. Sure she/he saw its reflection in the window and was pecking at it. Closest I've ever been to one. Didn't spook right away as I snuck up to the window. I exited the building when they were 20 feet or so away. they just went meandering about there business to the next condo to the south.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80