5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already have 10 ply tires, my truck is equipped with trailer brakes, 4 piston heavy duty brakes, Bilstein shocks with external remote reservoirs, more power and torque then a Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 Vortec and a 5 1/2 foot box to small to haul a Yetti, I did get to Eidie ford today and test drove a F250 Lariat, Very nice truck, They offered me 30,900 trade for my truck 8,000 less the blue book with a difference of 21,744 then they wanted additional 3,000 down and a payment of 698 a month for 72 months that comes to just over 50,000 for a truck they are asking 55,000 for. Granted I do know there is interest included in that final price, I told him that their trade was less the rough trade by five grand for a truck with 38,000 miles on it and their offer was a kick in the nuts. needless to say they are not buying supper tonight with any of my money,

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think Eide was bad, I dare you to try Bill Barth. A few months ago they were about $2500 different on trade-in value for my truck.

Ford diesels right now are commanding a premium on the new truck market. uggh!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't mind the less trade in value if they also take away from their price. The to boot price is all i care about if trading.
Glad to hear you calculated out the final price after payments and interest. Wakes people up when they see that.
Should be coming out with 0% interest as the 19's should be on their way pretty quick.
Are you totally sold on Ford or would consider Chevy?

Guys chime in here with dealers that have treated you right.

I think JohnR bought a Ford in Idaho and got a great deal few years ago.
Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, Idaho used to give good deal on Dodge and GM when i was out west.

Also know a couple guys that got fair deals from Luther in Fargo and others said they sucked, so take that with a grain of salt.
I bought a few Fords from Berube's in Lisbon when i used to run Ford's. They were the best deal that i could find in ND back then. Dealt with the owner and can't for the life of me remember his name. Damn stroke!

Last edited:

FishinRN

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already have 10 ply tires, my truck is equipped with trailer brakes, 4 piston heavy duty brakes, Bilstein shocks with external remote reservoirs, more power and torque then a Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 Vortec and a 5 1/2 foot box to small to haul a Yetti, I did get to Eidie ford today and test drove a F250 Lariat, Very nice truck, They offered me 30,900 trade for my truck 8,000 less the blue book with a difference of 21,744 then they wanted additional 3,000 down and a payment of 698 a month for 72 months that comes to just over 50,000 for a truck they are asking 55,000 for. Granted I do know there is interest included in that final price, I told him that their trade was less the rough trade by five grand for a truck with 38,000 miles on it and their offer was a kick in the nuts. needless to say they are not buying supper tonight with any of my money,

Just out of curiosity what kind of interest rate was offered here? That math doesn't seem to add up.:;:huh

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'am done buying anything in Minot or Bismarck, going out of state this time

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't like the way Eide shows their math; I find it confusing and I think they do it that way for a reason. I've managed several budgets for the National Guard at a peak of 1.7 million, so I'm not totally math stupid . For me it's simple:

1) What do I owe on my truck, what's my trade-in (KBB & NADA), and what are they going to give me?
2) Cost of truck I want to buy and what does my trade-in value difference do to it, increase or decrease?
3) What is the interest rate and how long do I want to finance it?

When they came at me with a stupid spreadsheet that says here's the difference of in your vehicles and it's only $1,097 and your payment will be $500/month I said show me some real fucking math! Never buy without asking what your credit score was on the report and knowing what your APR will be.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought my last truck from aberdeen. Several thousand less, offered 1,500 more on my trade, and they drove it right to my house! This is comparing to what bis/man dealers offered.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bought my last truck from aberdeen. Several thousand less, offered 1,500 more on my trade, and they drove it right to my house! This is comparing to what bis/man dealers offered.

I can vouch for this. I bought a used truck from there in '14 that hadn't even hit the lot. They delivered it and it was dirty and the assclown driving it smoked in the vehicle. They came back to pick it up, re-cleaned it, changed the oil, and delivered it back full of fuel while giving me a loaner in the meantime. They did OK with me on my trade, but I didn't negotiate very hard. Used Ram 2500 CTD were hard to come buy that year, I didn't have much leverage anyways. My salesman said they do a lot of business in the Bis/Man area because of their strong reputation.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like the way Eide shows their math; I find it confusing and I think they do it that way for a reason. I've managed several budgets for the National Guard at a peak of 1.7 million, so I'm not totally math stupid . For me it's simple:

1) What do I owe on my truck, what's my trade-in (KBB & NADA), and what are they going to give me?
2) Cost of truck I want to buy and what does my trade-in value difference do to it, increase or decrease?
3) What is the interest rate and how long do I want to finance it?

When they came at me with a stupid spreadsheet that says here's the difference of in your vehicles and it's only $1,097 and your payment will be $500/month I said show me some real fucking math! Never buy without asking what your credit score was on the report and knowing what your APR will be.

There is a simpler question to ask them:

"If I want to write you a check for the difference between the rig I drove in and the one I'm driving out, what number would I put in the AMOUNT box of my check?"

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a simpler question to ask them:

"If I want to write you a check for the difference between the rig I drove in and the one I'm driving out, what number would I put in the AMOUNT box of my check?"

Only number that matters is the DFFERENCE!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Long story but I bought my last Ford from a dealer in MN. Is called Kimber Creek Ford, was previously called Houston Ford. I tried to buy in Bismarck but this place found what I wanted before Eide could. I was very happy with them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88