6 by 6 very neat

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple yrs ago when I was the only one I new with a tracked wheeler, I decided against going way back in the sticks to a couple sloughs fishing because if something happened, it was gonna be there until spring.
As I've gotten older and wiser the need to be as far away from help has dwindled.........

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple yrs ago when I was the only one I new with a tracked wheeler, I decided against going way back in the sticks to a couple sloughs fishing because if something happened, it was gonna be there until spring.
A few years ago I was fishing a small lake that was only accessible with tracks or a snowmobile. It was 2 miles to where I was fishing, Probably 1.5 miles on a snowed in road and .5 mile on the ice. Anyway on one of my trips there, on the way in I had a track fall off my ranger. Basically the hub broke as the metal is to thin, causing the complete track system to fall off, fortunately it broke the anti sway bar also, which allowed me to throw the track in the box with my fishing gear and then I drove out on three tracks and the sprocket where the track broke off. It was a little sketchy going over big drifts as the sprocket side would fall in and you felt like you were going to tip over. The other tracks did a good job of dragging me through all that snow and I got back to my trailer and got it loaded. I did have a wtf am I going to do moment when it first happened. Here I am 1+ miles down a snow covered drifted in road that there was no hope of driving down with a pickup, poor to no cell coverage. It happened to me again about 3 years later with the rear track on the other side but at a different lake. This lake I was fortunate because I was able to drive my pickup and trailer to it and load my broke down ranger on. This time the anti sway bar didn't break and i didn't have the metric wrenches with to take if off so I just drove on the trailer dragging the track along with. Now I look at the insides of each hub and check for cracks when I install them.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years ago I was fishing a small lake that was only accessible with tracks or a snowmobile. It was 2 miles to where I was fishing, Probably 1.5 miles on a snowed in road and .5 mile on the ice. Anyway on one of my trips there, on the way in I had a track fall off my ranger. Basically the hub broke as the metal is to thin, causing the complete track system to fall off, fortunately it broke the anti sway bar also, which allowed me to throw the track in the box with my fishing gear and then I drove out on three tracks and the sprocket where the track broke off. It was a little sketchy going over big drifts as the sprocket side would fall in and you felt like you were going to tip over. The other tracks did a good job of dragging me through all that snow and I got back to my trailer and got it loaded. I did have a wtf am I going to do moment when it first happened. Here I am 1+ miles down a snow covered drifted in road that there was no hope of driving down with a pickup, poor to no cell coverage. It happened to me again about 3 years later with the rear track on the other side but at a different lake. This lake I was fortunate because I was able to drive my pickup and trailer to it and load my broke down ranger on. This time the anti sway bar didn't break and i didn't have the metric wrenches with to take if off so I just drove on the trailer dragging the track along with. Now I look at the insides of each hub and check for cracks when I install them.

Yea, about 5 yrs ago on Ruele Lake pretty shitty weather, I had wheel studsbreak and lost a trk.
Had to walk back a little over a mile to the truck. Had to detour around other side of lake to get on with truck and trailer. Used a small cable come-along to get on trailer. Pretty scary at the time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88