8 Sconi's cited for 24 over their limit

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems some of these guys just don't care what the limits are or following the rules don't aply to them. This happened on Alkaline on June 10. Great to see they caught some of these guys. If you see they are only charged with a misdemeanor and the fine is up to $1500. It should be a $10,000 fine and lifetime loss of fishing privileges in North Dakota.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
agreed that they need to be strict... but hold on there cowboy! Let's leave a little room for an honest mistake! (miscount of fish)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hyw's US13, I-94, US200, US2, US 281 and ND59 at a minimum should have rolling/random game checks of every boat coming into or leaving ND. Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays for sure.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that 8 fishermen had 24 over the limit combined? So 8 / 24 would be 3 fish over per fisherman? Or is it 8 sconies each had 24 fish over the limit, so it would be 8 x 24 = 192 extra fish? Do you have a link to a news article or something confirming this story?

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, 24 over isn't a miscount, but I agree with you. Being 1 over can be a mistake. It just seems these guys don't care if they are over cause the fine is so low. More than 3 over, throw the book at them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 8 who together we're 24 over on one day. It was in our local paper. Not sure they have an online service. Pretty sure not. Heard about this a while ago but was just reported in the paper yesterday.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NDGF has money coming in and that is all they and the legislature care about. They plan as if a drought is coming tomorrow. Ring the register and catch em all before the drought gets them. The old school mentality at the Ndgf hq in bismarck is like a virus that passes through from the top all the way down to the bottom of the organization.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should at least implement a 2 strikes your out rule for non residents, 2 game/fish violations in ND and you are done forever....

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basically im saying the NDGF is infected... Those sconis laugh it up. They have chest freezers running in their trucks under toppers for a reason...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basically im saying the NDGF is infected... Those sconis laugh it up. They have chest freezers running in their trucks under toppers for a reason...

wardens don't check those freezers? are they considered homes or something?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
wardens don't check those freezers? are they considered homes or something?
The wardens will check them if they have the chance, but they never are where the wardens are. They arent using popular boat landings. They fish allover the place from the boat and off shore. this is why i laugh when i read creel reports.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How can they charge 8 guys for the 24 fish, is it a fish pile? If I am out pheasant hunting with 4 of us, and the bird count is too high, we all get hit with the charges?
What if one of these sconi's was following the rules, and his jackass buddies took the extra fish.

I was under the impression that a 5 fish limit was per person, not per party.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never seems to amazing me how the out of staters come here to fish and hunt, and its those that abuse over the limit regs in our state more than our own resident hunters/fishermen, as far as I'm concerned, I believe their mentality is to come here and raped us of our wildlife because their "great' so called state has none. Now, I'm not against them coming here totally, its that I don't like their attitude and the way they disrespect us and our state wildlife regs, then act like their shit don't stink. Some are not all bad, but most don't have a clue.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't take this the wrong way, I am just curious.

I was checked bird hunting one time, we as a group were one bird short. I told the game warden we needed one more bird to finish our limit. He said "no one of you has a bird to go, the rest of you can put your guns away"

No bird pile, each was responsible for their own limit.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, funny story! I took my grandma and grandpa fishing a couple years back, grandpa was in the front of my boat double fisting a couple rods. We were getting into the fish really good. I was busy putting bait on my grandma and moms rods, netting fish and having a great time watching them (in the back of the boat), not really paying any attention to my grandpa. In fact we were catching fish so well that I just reeled up my rod and helped the girls, who were giggling and visiting and having a great time, I was not letting them keep anything under 18". After a couple of hours we had our 15 fish in the back of the boat, at which time my mom looked at me and said "I dont think dad (my grandpa) has been throwing anything back!" I got pretty worried, because I had no idea what he was doing as I had my back to him.

I opened the front well and there was nothing but walleyes in the front livewell. I looked at him pretty pissed and asked him why there were so many fish in the front. I said that we had our limit in the back of the boat so he could only have 5 in the front. He had a big ol' grin on his face and told me "We'll be eatin good tonight maynerd!" I started throwing back his "limit" and ended up throwing back 13 walleyes. To be honest, I didn't know you could get 18 eyes in the front livewell of my boat. He still tells the story of the day on Sakakawea when he was catchin em really good. All I can do is laugh about it now. I really wish he was healthy enough to come fishing with me again!

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
How can they charge 8 guys for the 24 fish, is it a fish pile? If I am out pheasant hunting with 4 of us, and the bird count is too high, we all get hit with the charges?
What if one of these sconi's was following the rules, and his jackass buddies took the extra fish.

I was under the impression that a 5 fish limit was per person, not per party.
I don't know. How can you tell if you are all fishing in the same boat. The fish get put in the live well and get counted together. Point is, they were over the limit and not by just one or two.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I hit 5 fish, I stop keeping fish. You don't have to stop fishing, just quit throwing them in your livewell. What really grinds my gears is how many of these dipshits got out with more than their limit.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a neoprene glove in my boat and i take each fish out and make sure that the count is legal. It just takes a few minutes and the floor of the boat gets some slime on it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a neoprene glove in my boat and i take each fish out and make sure that the count is legal. It just takes a few minutes and the floor of the boat gets some slime on it.

We have done this too, I picked up a golf clicker counter and strapped it to the windshield support.
Every time you catch a fish give it a click.

Its amazing how 3 grown men cant seem to count.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have done this too, I picked up a golf clicker counter and strapped it to the windshield support.
Every time you catch a fish give it a click.

Its amazing how 3 grown men cant seem to count.

cold-cocking them with the fishwhacker and throwing them on ice puts a halt to the counting madness too

of course this eliminates the ability to sort/upgrade - an illegal but hard-to-resist (meth-like) practice

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11