8 Sconi's cited for 24 over their limit

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
So because you feel that everyone should experience how "hard and tough" it is to hunt and fish out of state, that justifies out of staters reasons for poaching North Dakota's game? That's a legit excuse..........said no one ever. Try again.

Umm, no that's not what I said at all. What I meant was that not every single non resident is a lawbreaker and that we shouldn't treat them all as such. And it's not like everybody that is from ND is a saint that never breaks the law. Just read some of the posts in this thread.

I will also say that I fully agree with others that the fines and penalties are far, far too low for cases like this. When somebody is WAY over the limit like these guys were, I think a big fine and a lifetime ban of hunting and fishing in ND is appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah wtf is that? no one said shut the doors or ban nr's. jesus man, what is your damage son? it is a privalige to enjoy the outdoors in nd. time after time after g(*&damn time we here stories of NR's grossly exceeding the linits here in ND. And this isn't a oops we miscounted a fish or two kinda deal. I'm g(*^damn sick of it and so are a lot of people around the state. if there are ant ND legislators reading this it is time we enact laws that put some god#%^ teeth into the fines. either we start hitting em in the wallet or we take away hunting and fishing privaleges in the state. . . . I guarantee you not a single sconi would take the chance of giving up there duck hunting here knowing they could get busted with too many fish... . . . this goes for nodakers as well. . .. . and to the guy claiming they were victims of overfishing by natives in there own state. . . really? they did it to themselves when they let there elected officials appease the non-tax paying voters. . . don't bring that shit here. . . .

I was simply trying to say that non residents like this are by far the minority and not the majority.

And I fully agree we should have much, much tougher fines and penalties for people that poach/go way over their limit. A slap on the wrist for something like this isn't much of a deterrent to stop stuff like this from happening.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
If multiple checkpoints were set up for vehicles going east there would be a plethora of tickets issued. It would be shocking. The NDGF wouldnt do this though as that is bad for business. They want people coming in and filling their freezers. It creates repeat customers. The lack of ANS checks is also a huge mistake for boats coming in from the east. Again a terrible oversight by the NDGF.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm, no that's not what I said at all. What I meant was that not every single non resident is a lawbreaker and that we shouldn't treat them all as such. And it's not like everybody that is from ND is a saint that never breaks the law. Just read some of the posts in this thread.

I will also say that I fully agree with others that the fines and penalties are far, far too low for cases like this. When somebody is WAY over the limit like these guys were, I think a big fine and a lifetime ban of hunting and fishing in ND is appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

I was simply trying to say that non residents like this are by far the minority and not the majority.

And I fully agree we should have much, much tougher fines and penalties for people that poach/go way over their limit. A slap on the wrist for something like this isn't much of a deterrent to stop stuff like this from happening.

I would venture to guess I have as much experience with Sconi's as anyone. They are there own breed. They rape and pillage the resource unlike no other. They should be banned from anywhere outside of MN.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah wtf is that? no one said shut the doors or ban nr's. jesus man, what is your damage son? it is a privalige to enjoy the outdoors in nd. time after time after g(*&damn time we here stories of NR's grossly exceeding the linits here in ND. And this isn't a oops we miscounted a fish or two kinda deal. I'm g(*^damn sick of it and so are a lot of people around the state. if there are ant ND legislators reading this it is time we enact laws that put some god#%^ teeth into the fines. either we start hitting em in the wallet or we take away hunting and fishing privaleges in the state. . . . I guarantee you not a single sconi would take the chance of giving up there duck hunting here knowing they could get busted with too many fish... . . . this goes for nodakers as well. . .. . and to the guy claiming they were victims of overfishing by natives in there own state. . . really? they did it to themselves when they let there elected officials appease the non-tax paying voters. . . don't bring that shit here. . . .

WOW!

Brotsky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only 24 over the limit? Fishing must have been tough.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would venture to guess I have as much experience with Sconi's as anyone. They are there own breed. They rape and pillage the resource unlike no other. They should be banned from anywhere outside of MN.

I only know 3 guys from Wisconsin that hunt or fish. One of them is the most honest, rule-abiding guy you'll ever meet in the field. The other 2 are very respectable as well and are by no means lawbreakers. I'll take your word for it that you know some guys who aren't stewards of the land but they definitely aren't all bad.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bro,

I'm not "demanding" you to change your avatar though I wish you would; I too "hate" the Yankees, money and fans. IMHO, this is not the way to portray Our Lord and Savior. And no; I'm not Svnmag the Pious and Chaste. Just sayn'.

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
The topic of over the limit by non residents has come up yearly if not monthly. Everyone polishes their halo and describes how they keep track of the limit in their boat. Inevitably someone says "mistakes happen, shouldn't get banned for life for one fish".

I had some thoughts.

Residents... non resident same rules as far as over limit. maybe different limits (should there be a reward for living here?)

Have the first fish over limit be less of a fine, say $50 buck, second $200, third $500 etc. (I don't know the fine structure currently but you should get the point).

Group fishing.. have all fishermen identify their fish. if one fish is not claimed, all fishermen get a fine. You get checked with your two buddies. 16 fish in cooler, you pull your five, buddy #1 pulls his five, buddy #2 can own up or cost his buddies each a fine.

Repeat offenders... escalate the fines with license suspensions. First time, 1 year, 2nd ten years, 3rd life... sort of gives people a chance to grow up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11