Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in my apartment in north Fargo getting ready for class when I received a message from a friend saying we are under attack. Didn't set in until I turned on the news.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a few, so take the next sentence for what it's worth. NO MUSLIM WILL EVER SET FOOT ON MY PROPERTY..........EVER!!!!!!

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I were in the airport in Minneapolis just minutes from boarding a plane for our honeymoon. Needless to say the honeymoon never happened. A good college friend was in the second tower, 78th floor if I remember right? Just a few floors below where the second plane hit. thank god he got out before it collapsed. I still get chills when I think back to him recalling how he watched a guy jump to his death from the first tower. My buddy was/is a quirky guy and he had routinely walked the stairs in the tower "just because"...probably saved his life since he knew how to get out when the plane hit. He helped a wounded woman down to the medics and then walked away and never looked back, even when the tower collapsed. God bless to anyone who lost a loved one in the tragedy and a huge debt of gratitude goes out to all our military for putting their lives on the line to protect our freedom.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i lived in billings at the time, but was running a sales route out of bozeman that week... heard the first plane hit while in a store in livingston... phone started blowing up as i headed south toward gardiner... very sketch radio reception down by the park (yellowstone), and even worse cell signal at that time... took calls from my bride and all 10 guys that worked for me, along with the corporate office whenever i got signal back, but all i could think about was getting home... finally got home about 5 that night and saw the images for the first time... scared and confused turned to pist after watching the news for an hour... wife and i got leathered up and jumped on the harley and went for a ride... i was just enraged... hit the rev limiter on the scooter in the first 4 gears several times that night... just seemed like the thing to do...

God Bless all effected by this cowardly act, and i hope all its supporters burn in hell...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was the same place and heard it from the same person that had told me John Lennon had been shot many years before. Both times I was just getting off "morning tour" of an oil rig. 911 was a cold morning, Way down in the low 20s , I remember having the heater on high on the way home while listening to the reports on the radio and not being able to get rid of the shivers. I was glued to the TV all day, I don't think I slept a wink before I went back to work.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody from this site was out fishing? I was on the water down by Porcupine Island pre-fishing with Rick Walter for the PWT Championship. Neither of us fish very often with the radio on but for some reason we turned it on this day. We listened as the second plane had hit the World Trade Center. We were trying to make sense of what was going on as we continued fishing (cranks, #5 pearl glass shad raps and jigs with purple tail and minnow).

Was it later that day or early the next morning when all the pros and some of us pre-fishing with them met under the tent at the Civic Center trying to reach a decision of whether the PWT championship should go on that weekend or not. It was stated by some of the higher ups in the country that we should all carry on, so it was fish on until a champion was crowned.

Sad day for sure and will never, ever forget.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
1NTpv9fO.jpg
H2KUNdTs.jpg
Never forget even if the Biden supporters do

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the Taliban push out the other folks over there and then release the nukes. Horrible group of people.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was sleeping and my dad came in and was yelling, "we're being attacked! Get up!" I thought he was just yelling that to wake me up so I mumbled some obscenities under my breath and rolled out of bed to find some of my family grouped around the TV watching. I remember hearing about the plane headed to the pentagon that crashed into the field. I remember thinking if I would have been brave enough to take over the plane and steer it away from danger...

Terrible day and a day we shouldn't forget. Thanks to all who gave their lives these last 20 years trying to help make the world a better place for those who can't defend themselves. It's a shame that we lost more lives trying to pull out of there and left the place worse than it was when we went over there.

Praying for those who lost and those who stand to lose.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a documentary on the Nat. Geographic channel this week called 9/11: One Day in America that was quite good (6-1 hour episodes). I was a freshman in college at the time but some details were new to me, like that some people who decided to leave the north tower after the south was hit and security told them to go back to work, that there was no threat. Sad deal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19