Advice/tips

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with the rain today we discovered a leak in our kitchen. It's not big, but a pain in the ass. Anyone have any advice or tricks on how to fix it. I am in the middle of harvesting right now so a quick but good fix would be ideal. I understand that it should be done right but wanna do it myself if possible before winter gets here. Thanks. If I have to cut a hole in the ceiling, its not a big deal since I do drywall also. It does have an access through the ceiling but its really small.:mad:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find when we have ridiculous wind paired up with rain, "leaks" show up out of no where. A straight downpour or spring melt later in time don't cause issues. Might have been just a freak thing.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find when we have ridiculous wind paired up with rain, "leaks" show up out of no where. A straight downpour or spring melt later in time don't cause issues. Might have been just a freak thing.

most likely loose flashing somewhere.
spray foam??. LOL;:;rofl

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leaks can be hard to find as the water may travel down a rafter for quite a distance before dripping off. A visual inspection from the rooftop with a tube of through the roof in hand is a good start. Check all vents and flashings as well as around the chimney. You wouldn't be the first person to put a pan( hell I've used baby pools) in the attic until you can fix it.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is spray foam bad? :confused: I was thinking of filling my transom with it:;:smokin;:;hijacked

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg image.jpg

It'll even fix the screen door on your submarine! Maybe they should start using it for transom repair.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is spray foam bad? :confused: I was thinking of filling my transom with it:;:smokin;:;hijacked

In boat application make sure you use a closed cell spray foam. They make it for garden water features. I forget the name of the greenhouse in Bismarck that carries it, but if you can't find it google The Pond Guy.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
check around chimneys, vents, valleys anything with flashing around it. could have rusted out. good place to start.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55