AK dream hunt

lionslayer25

Founding Member
Founding Member
With hunting season only a month a way, I am getting pretty excited for the upcoming season. Just curious as to what your guys AK dream hunt would be? My bucket list hunt is a coastal brown bear off a salmon stream with a bow. Hoping to have the opportunity for such an adventure in the next couple years.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a dreamy Bulgarian Arsenenal AK that would be great for a hunt, but I'm not sure I'd go for anything bigger than whitetail at any more than 200 yds.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A magnum sized moose in country that ISN'T an ocean of tundra frost-boils like we dealt with while hunting 'bou on the N slope..

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lionslayer... u nailed it, brown with a bow is my dream hunt... the adrenaline that would be pumping with one of these brutes that close would be amazing, but I will be bringing extra pair of shorts in my pack..

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly if i was able to travel to AK you probably wouldn't get the fishing pole out of my hand for at least a month. Someday. Anyway I look forward to hearing about your season, you're living the dream man! :;:thumbsup

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
After seeing a few Kodiak brown bears last fall I'm hoping to go back in a few years to give it a shot

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Alaska ?

might be wrong but i thought they had some in the brooks range

- - - Updated - - -

i stand corrected seems that bc is the place to go. well then i would go dall sheep in ak and stone in bc and mountain goat would also be up there to

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hunting in alaska requires a guy to be in great shape and really motivated

giphygif-1.jpg

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to go with a brown bear. With a guide named Andrew just cause I know he is crazy.

lionslayer25

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are no true stone sheep in AK. There are fannins in the Wrangells along the Canadian border though. They are recognized by records and the sheep slam as stone sheep. Pretty much just a Dall with a grey spot on their hide.
No saying you are too old either Guy. There is a reason they hire these poor souls called packers to do the dirty work. You just have to shoot and be able to drink coffee and eat mountain house ha. Come on up kickem! Ole Susan, my new .338, is itching to do some backup work with big brownies!
I can't imagine packing moose across the north slope terrain though. Just shoot them in a spot you can cut an easy strip, or at least that's my two cents after packing a full moose out from three miles on a mountain side last year. It was no Bueno.

Mr. Nice, you get your goat on kodiak?? Thinking of planning a trip down that way after season to do the double goat tag hunt if time allows. A brownie off of there or afognak would be a really fun hunt too!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Guy/kickem/Horsager/kdm/ anyone else interested from the old FBO crew, I'm headed out fishing in July again too so if I make it back to eastern ND over Christmas have some room for Hali steaks! Yellowjacket is off the list though since I saw all the fish he just recently caught up here ��

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will have to plan that I'll even make that drive to fargo if It comes down to it. If u don't make it east we might have to make a road trip out to bis for some drinks.

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Andrew, yep I shot the goat in Ugak Bay last fall hunting Brian Peterson. It was a trip of a lifetime and ended up with a great bonus Sitka and several sea ducks.

Attachments

image.jpg

lionslayer25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow congrats! That is one heck of a blacktail!! Hope those sea ducks included a Harley or two as well. They are one pretty looking duck.

DonC

Founding Member
Founding Member
You got it Kurt....hope u get all of them :;:thumbsup in that order

might be wrong but i thought they had some in the brooks range

- - - Updated - - -

i stand corrected seems that bc is the place to go. well then i would go dall sheep in ak and stone in bc and mountain goat would also be up there to

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A big bull moose with LOTS OF POINTS!!!! I'd rather have a 55 inch moose with points galore than a 75 inch moose with smooth paddles. However, I will probably go for caribou before my moose. Moose hunts are a pile of sheckles and I want to do it right and not on the cheap. Good Luck this fall Lionslayer and BE SAFE!!!! Hope to see you when you hit the lower 48 again!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34