Attachments

31064.jpg
Last edited:

10c

There is a phone number there for people to contact if interested

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Price, is supper double secret...............................................:;:smokin

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If these were labs, I'd be all over it. I am in the market for a lab puppy. I just don't want to spend $500+ on a dog.

There is no reason to spend over $500 for a lab. Prices on dogs has gotten out of control lately. There are only a couple dogs out of each litter that will be elite trial dogs if they are out of a good bloodline. I remember taking to some of the trial trainers and they said more than $500 is pointless if they are not guaranteed to be an elite dog. You are better off spending the extra money on training.

10c

dam has been tested for hip dysplasia, sire has not been
both have AKC pedigrees
dam has been to IABCA twice have both certificates and judge's critique
I have to ask:

Health clearances? Pedigrees? Any titles or hunt test passes?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no reason to spend over $500 for a lab. Prices on dogs has gotten out of control lately. There are only a couple dogs out of each litter that will be elite trial dogs if they are out of a good bloodline. I remember taking to some of the trial trainers and they said more than $500 is pointless if they are not guaranteed to be an elite dog. You are better off spending the extra money on training.

I think 500-600 is a good price for a dog. Having bread my gap last fall. I found the costs added up quick. If you look at good food 6 bags x $60= $360. Stud fee usualy a pup or the cost($600) I spent close to $800 on the vet getting shots, dew claws, deworming and the horrid tail docking. That's not even taking into consideration whelping box advertising, toys all the shit the ruined because we took them out and played with them often. They both could have been papered but I didn't care enough so I never sent it in and paid the akc. All pups were sold before the were ready to go home and I have a few asking me to breed them again. People had no problem paying that money for a pup that was well taken care of. Even with out the purist papers. Someone said it best on another thread. "The best price is what someone is willing to pay.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the price and is the qualifications indicate show dog? Or is that some type of other ? I usually see Fc DC for gsps. If u get one that has to many of those in pedigree and they are close to your dog they will be great but they will be a challenge to deal with

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd pay $1,000 for a pup out of solid lines with a clean bill of health. After spending dang near that amount the first 18 months with my Remy because of training and emergency vet visits, and racking up WAY more in the 7 years since, I still would have paid double for the pittance he cost me. He's the best hunting/family dog a guy could ask for, and we've worked our butts off to get him to that point.

The price of a dog is peanuts if it's one you really want.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
My biggest issue is that I've never paid more than $300 for a dog. My current dog cost me $300 and is one hell of an animal. I've also had free labs that turned out amazing too. I'm patiently waiting for that one opportunity to come along where someone is pricing labs at $500 or below. I've been looking at GSP's as well and perhaps may get one but I'm unsure how they would fare goose hunting. The older I get the more I enjoy upland hunting.

My buddy just got a black lab for around that. I can check to see if they had any left. Funny though his wife bought it kind of against his wishes from a friend's friend. Showed up to pick up the puppy and she refused to enter the house it was so messy. She's a ornery German so I'm not sure how bad it really is. Puppy perfectly healthy except had fires for awhile from the shitty food they were feeding it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33