Alkaline fishing tournament

Jim Simmers

Established Member
I have tickets available. This is a fund raiser for the Kidder County high school clay target team. So far in 5 years our kids have not paid anything to participate. All shells, targets, safety items and expenses to head to head events have been covered in part to this grand event.
This ticket gets you in the raffle, on the ice and a fisherman’s diner that night where the raffle is drawn.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
image.jpg

Jim Simmers

Established Member
PM me for tickets, Tickets can be picked up at Wolffs Bar and Grill in Dawson, The Steele Ozone and Kidder County Press in Steele, Mandan at Krolls Dinner, Bismarck Main St Krolls, Aces Exhaust and Performance on Saratoga Ave, Rivercity Sports, Bismarck Runnings

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have the rules? Largest pike wins?
I believe it's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for pike, walleye, and perch. The tournament starts at 8am but runs on an honor system to start on time. You can pull your house down the night before and sleep in it.

Wonks

I have tickets available. This is a fund raiser for the Kidder County high school clay target team. So far in 5 years our kids have not paid anything to participate. All shells, targets, safety items and expenses to head to head events have been covered in part to this grand event.
This ticket gets you in the raffle, on the ice and a fisherman’s diner that night where the raffle is drawn.
What are the rules for fishing? Largest 5 fish weighed or something? Where do you go to start and end the tournament? And where do they get weighed?

Jim Simmers

Established Member
What are the rules for fishing? Largest 5 fish weighed or something? Where do you go to start and end the tournament? And where do they get weighed?
game and fish rules apply. fish anywhere on Alkaline and or fresh lake, from a wheel house or portable, fish by yourself or in a group. pays top three in each fish category, Pike, Walleye and Perch. first fish weighed wins a tie breaker. No fish weighed before 8AM or after 4PM. First 50 kids on the ice get a fishing prize from a rod reel combo, tacklebox or something fishing related.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
I believe it's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for pike, walleye, and perch. The tournament starts at 8am but runs on an honor system to start on time. You can pull your house down the night before and sleep in it.
It is an honor system, we do have people checking houses before we start but i am sure not all are hit. in 5 years we have only one time had someone bring a fish to the scale early and one team did get busted and dqed.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love supporting this tournament. Last year was rough getting around with all the snow. This year might be the same issue for a totally different reason. accessing 3/4 of the lake with the pressure ridges that are out there and the toasty temps that are projected

Jim Simmers

Established Member
I love supporting this tournament. Last year was rough getting around with all the snow. This year might be the same issue for a totally different reason. accessing 3/4 of the lake with the pressure ridges that are out there and the toasty temps that are projected
Thank you for supporting us! Seems every year we have some obsticle to overcome but it has always worked out. Two years ago we had this same, will we have ice issue. Temps will change some and we will monitor it closely.
Thanks to all thoise that have ever bought a ticket to our event, our kids have never had to pay any fee to the club to participate and compete in the high school clay target league or any competition. The ticket sale and gift from sponsors have made it possible to cover all shells, targets, travel expenses and entry fees to state the Best of the west, state and national tournaments for our kiddos.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Access will be good at launch time but ice conditions are good. Top layer is a little soft but total ice thickness is still 22-24". Our tournament is a go! I was out yesterday from 3:30-4:30 to observe and drill some holes. There were about 6 wheel houses out and 5 pickups that I could see. all were driving where ever they wanted to go! I hope that if you have fished with us in the past that we see you again. If you have not fished with us we hope to see you on Saturday. If you want to fish but don't want to drive on the ice and dont have an ATV, we will accommodate you. For $10 you get entered into a fun tournament and raffle with some great prizes and if you come to Wolffs Bar and Grill for the raffle drawings, with your ticket stub you get a free fisherman's Dinner. Raffle prizes you do not need to be presents to win. You can purchase tickets on the ice Saturday morning or you can go to www.kcsportsman@weebly.com and buy your tickets. For every ticket you buy online, you will be entered into an exclusive drawing for a prize.
Any questions call or text me directly at 701-220-3251
Thank you.
Jim

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck to everyone who is going to this event, may you all catch many fish to help with a good cause. The link doesn't work Jim

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was there yesterday. Drove on, good ice, very slow, 3 northerns and 3 walleye for 4 of us

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Thank you to all who came out and supported us again this year. Ice conditions and access were great, we had close to 200 on the ice, sold over 1200 raffle tickets and a 10.9# walleye was caught. Tournament and lake record as far as we know. This assures us once again that every kid on our high school clay target team will once again participate at no cost to them.
Great sponsors help make it possible. Aces Exhaust and Performance, Krolls Dinner, Cloverdale Food Company, Runnings Bismarck, River City Sports, Langs Lawn Care, Capitol Trophy, Bismarck Aero Center, Wolffs Bar and Grill, Gun and Reel Sports, Simmers Agency, Steele Vets Club, Riddles Jewelry, New Salem Lions Club, Triple P Rentals, Zack Shack fish houses, Rod Father Rods, Coffee Cup, Big Lake Guide Service and Woodland Resort. See ya all next year!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woah, was 10.9# the actual fish weight or did that include a basket of some sort? Big fish either way but just wondering.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88