Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
AT_page_1.png
AT_page_2.png
AT_page_3.png

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting list of information. Over 100 unsuccessful applicants. Heck I haven't even heard of 90% of these non-profits receiving, selling or auctioning off chances for these tags.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting list of information. Over 100 unsuccessful applicants. Heck I haven't even heard of 90% of these non-profits receiving, selling or auctioning off chances for these tags.
LOL They keep them for Brandon's son to use. ...popcorn...

<><><><>

Perhaps they haven't won one yet. Then you would hear about their auction/raffle.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the amount of tags given to apps of these special allocations, those who were drawn should be withdrawn from future drawings (0nce-in-a-lifetime, just like you & I). If the pool of apps decreases to below the # of permits allowed, put those extra tags into the general lottery.
Now to put fuel on the fire: Landowner groups (families) should be allowed 1 "Big 3" License a lifetime, not John Doe, his 8 kids, wife, and others. Most of those landowners are the ones who don't give general hunters access...or charge big $$ to hunt said property.
There should be NO NEED for depredation tags to landowners if they allow others to hunt that property.
These animals are high-demand, and any landowner getting multiple tags...or a tag every year...or tags for multiple family members is unjust!

hoythunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes it’s annoying when you see who gets tags. Kids academy is a daycare in Berthold your literally helping keep their patrons monthly daycare bill down. Way more deserving causes on that list.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes it’s annoying when you see who gets tags. Kids academy is a daycare in Berthold your literally helping keep their patrons monthly daycare bill down. Way more deserving causes on that list.

I think I tend to agree with you on this. In particular, the organization should have something to do with bettering the outdoor experience for hunters and anglers. Maybe this should be something NDGF should explore. There are a number of good outdoor non-profits on the unsuccessful side of this.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why single out 1 non profit ? What does it do for - St John Paul Catholic schools ? Raider booster club ? Circle cross riding club ? Carrington youth sports ? St Johns academy ?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My grandkids have been going to Kids Academy for the last 7 years.
Last year they received a moose tag and raffled that off also.
My newest grandson who was born on the 20th of December will be going there at a cost of $950.00 😲a month.
This isn't the only fundraiser that the daycare does, they do 2 to 4 others in a year also.
I can't imagine what the cost would be if the daycare did not do any fund raising.

hoythunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
That may have come across wrong, there are several on there that feel a little cringy they’re getting one of these tags. Maybe they could say a certain percentage has to go to a wildlife oriented organization

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My grandkids have been going to Kids Academy for the last 7 years.
Last year they received a moose tag and raffled that off also.
My newest grandson who was born on the 20th of December will be going there at a cost of $950.00 😲a month.
This isn't the only fundraiser that the daycare does, they do 2 to 4 others in a year also.
I can't imagine what the cost would be if the daycare did not do any fund raising.

WOW $ 950 for childcare is nuts. My guess is It would probably cost the same with a tag or not because there comes a point where you price yourself out of business. I'm all for giving most non profits a break but the non profit status sometimes gets abused too . Or Maybe is it a private school ?

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, I agree it's seems high, but remember he's an infant and infants require more care.
I am not sure about the current daycare rules, as it's been 26 years since I had a kid in daycare.
I believe kids are considered an infant until they are 1 1\2 or 2, then the price gets cheaper.

One thing that I know has changed is the amount of kids per provider. When my kids went to daycare it seemed like there was 10 to 15 kids per provider, what is it today 3-5 kids per provider?

Another thing that's drastically changed in the last 3 years is the hourly wage. Our government came out and said that minimum wage should be no less than $15 to $17 an hour, so now everyone thinks they are worth $20 an hour or more, and remember that for some ungodly known reason after Covid the work force is drastically reduced.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, I agree it's seems high, but remember he's an infant and infants require more care.
I am not sure about the current daycare rules, as it's been 26 years since I had a kid in daycare.
I believe kids are considered an infant until they are 1 1\2 or 2, then the price gets cheaper.

One thing that I know has changed is the amount of kids per provider. When my kids went to daycare it seemed like there was 10 to 15 kids per provider, what is it today 3-5 kids per provider?

Another thing that's drastically changed in the last 3 years is the hourly wage. Our government came out and said that minimum wage should be no less than $15 to $17 an hour, so now everyone thinks they are worth $20 an hour or more, and remember that for some ungodly known reason after Covid the work force is drastically reduced.
Well having owned a daycare center the last 5 years I know all the rules. The age is 3 when they are not an infant any more and the amount of workers to kid ratio changes. You can have 5 infants to one provider then over three its 10 till the age of 6 then it goes to more. The cost of food is ungodly now and ad that to the fact we are 100 miles from any type of sams club making that weekly trip with gas prices just adds to the pain. My wife always ran it trying to keep into account parents and how expensive it is. When we sold it a couple weeks ago it would have costed you $660.00 a week to be at the center. It didnt make much money at that point. I figured it out and the last 2 years she paid her self $5.77 an hour figured at 40 hours but she put in closer to 60 to be able to pay employees and try and keep costs down. She loved the kids had a few asshole parents that complained but in the end wasnt worth it and selling it was the right thing. Plus i was the maintenance man who got paid $0 and its amazing how much shit a bunch of little kids can tear up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33