Another run on ammo?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just on the phone with a relative who was telling me about the new law in California. If someone tells the police they think your a danger they can take it to the judge and without talking to you he can issue an order for them to confiscate your guns. Anti gun people will be reporting anyone they know who owns a gun.

Attachments

snooty.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
read an article on fox this morning. it was in regard to dip shits exec. orders. In the article it mentioned that the FBI has three days to say yea or nay on your background check for a gun purchase. After three days and it's not done you can legally buy the weapon without it.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just on the phone with a relative who was telling me about the new law in California. If someone tells the police they think your a danger they can take it to the judge and without talking to you he can issue an order for them to confiscate your guns. Anti gun people will be reporting anyone they know who owns a gun.
i cant believe how dumb our country has become. the salem witch hunt all over. we are literally watching every failed piece of political history repeat itself

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take back what I said.

You can build it for much cheaper. 300 for barrel 250 for hand guard 240 for the upper 30 for gas block 15 for gas tube grand total $835. The barrel, hand guard, and upper prices can differ a lot if you shop around you can find cheaper and more expensive. When buying an upper make sure to check if the bolt carrier and charging handle is included a lot of them do not include that.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys. I' thinking for my next one I would like a piston driven, maybe in a .308. Slim's just sounded cool but I don't often double up on calibers with the exception of .22LR.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can build it for much cheaper. 300 for barrel 250 for hand guard 240 for the upper 30 for gas block 15 for gas tube grand total $835. The barrel, hand guard, and upper prices can differ a lot if you shop around you can find cheaper and more expensive. When buying an upper make sure to check if the bolt carrier and charging handle is included a lot of them do not include that.

you can build it a lot cheaper than $835, but my rifle has a ding-a-ling instead of a gas tube. It's a boy rifle, not a girl rifle. Queue Chuck Berry!

image.jpg

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long does the FFL have to keep your paperwork on file that has the serial number of the gun you just purchased. Pretty easy to go to the FFLs and ask to see the paperwork for all of their sales. When you build your own gun there is no laws broken. No paperwork needs to be done. The nice thing is you can pick all the components you want on the gun. I would say it is not any cheaper then buying one off the shelf. I call it Legos for big boys it is addicting lots of cool stuff out there. I am currently building a 204 upper just finished a 300 blackout upper.

We have to keep them 20 years and then we can toss them.
You can not legally build an AR without paperwork. You must fill it out for the serial #part (the lower or receiver).

- - - Updated - - -

read an article on fox this morning. it was in regard to dip shits exec. orders. In the article it mentioned that the FBI has three days to say yea or nay on your background check for a gun purchase. After three days and it's not done you can legally buy the weapon without it.

Correct, if we get a delayed response from NICS on a background check we have to wait three business days not counting the day the check was initiated and if we have not heard back from NICS, we can transfer the firearm to the buyer legally if the FFL chooses to. Some FFL's will not transfer until they hear back. It is the FFL's discretion. If we do transfer and then hear back like 6 days later we still have to mark their decision on the 4473. I have only had 1 instance where I never heard back from NICS.

- - - Updated - - -

come to think of it we did lol

- - - Updated - - -

I went in and got a new 9mm this morning. They had two stripped down AR lowers so I bought em both just for the hell of it.

Those 2 lowers are on the 4473. If not, I'd hate to be the dealer when the inspector comes around. They are supposed to be logged in the A&D book just like the 9mm rifle-handgun that you bought.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember if any dr ever asks you if you own a gun just say no. If you give em the none of your business shpeel they gunna mark yes.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember if any dr ever asks you if you own a gun just say no. If you give em the none of your business shpeel they gunna mark yes.

This is a shame. There are a lot of docs around here who are really into guns. I have a feeling they just mark "no" on the form without asking, unless they think there's legitimate cause for concern.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can not legally build an AR without paperwork. You must fill it out for the serial #part (the lower or receiver).

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, if we get a delayed response from NICS on a background check we have to wait three business days not counting the day the check was initiated and if we have not heard back from NICS, we can transfer the firearm to the buyer legally if the FFL chooses to. Some FFL's will not transfer until they hear back. It is the FFL's discretion. If we do transfer and then hear back like 6 days later we still have to mark their decision on the 4473. I have only had 1 instance where I never heard back from NICS.

- - - Updated - - -

Those 2 lowers are on the 4473. If not, I'd hate to be the dealer when the inspector comes around. They are supposed to be logged in the A&D book just like the 9mm rifle-handgun that you bought.
yes they are

- - - Updated - - -

This is something to keep in mind.
most of us wouldn't be telling a fib. very few own A gun. most own many

- - - Updated - - -

This is a shame. There are a lot of docs around here who are really into guns. I have a feeling they just mark "no" on the form without asking, unless they think there's legitimate cause for concern.
Ihave never been asked by a Dr. if I owned a gun.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Can you show me the law that says this? This is what I found on the ATF website page 5 questions 9.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61721/download

9. May I lawfully make a firearm for my own personal use, provided it is not being made forresale?
Firearms may be lawfully made by persons who do not hold a manufacturer’s license under the GCAprovided they are not for sale or distribution and the maker is not prohibited from receiving orpossessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semiautomaticrifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as set forth in regulations in 27 C.F.R. 478.39. Inaddition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and advance approval by ATF. Anapplication to make a machinegun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showingthat the firearm is being made for the official use of a Federal, State, or local government agency (18U.S.C. § 922(o),(r); 26 U.S.C. § 5822; 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.39, 479.62, and 479.105).

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you show me the law that says this? This is what I found on the ATF website page 5 questions 9.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61721/download

9. May I lawfully make a firearm for my own personal use, provided it is not being made forresale?
Firearms may be lawfully made by persons who do not hold a manufacturer’s license under the GCAprovided they are not for sale or distribution and the maker is not prohibited from receiving orpossessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semiautomaticrifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as set forth in regulations in 27 C.F.R. 478.39. Inaddition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and advance approval by ATF. Anapplication to make a machinegun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showingthat the firearm is being made for the official use of a Federal, State, or local government agency (18U.S.C. § 922(o),(r); 26 U.S.C. § 5822; 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.39, 479.62, and 479.105).

This^^^

in addition to manufacturing your own guns, a lot of people get the $200 tax stamp and make their own suppressors out of $20 in parts from the hardware store. If weren't for the NFA registration, I'd go that route.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This^^^

in addition to manufacturing your own guns, a lot of people get the $200 tax stamp and make their own suppressors out of $20 in parts from the hardware store. If weren't for the NFA registration, I'd go that route.
why not just make some anyway and don't get caught with em. wouldn't be that hard to do in ND I wouldn't think.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This^^^

You need to change your avatar. Here's one:

a94dbcadeb9cb2008c0f6a706700e48d.jpg

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet 35 presidents just rolled over in their graves today. What a sad day in USA history the man in charge was on national tv crying like a little bitch.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 46