Antelope Tag 9-C

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmers really could give 2 shits about seeing a deer or pheasant on their ground nowadays imo. It's all about $$. Gotta do away with the subsidies and federal crop insurance. The greedy are getting greedier

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unlimited and cheap food is a national security interest. That's how farm subsidies are justified. Like it or not. A million farmers are preferable over a dozen. Make it an entirely free market with no safety net and we would all be buying food from the same handful of people. It's a philosophical discussion worth having. But, a discussion nonetheless.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cheap food is their go to argument...it doesn't add up to the billions in subsidies and "proven yields"

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unlimited and cheap food is a national security interest. That's how farm subsidies are justified. Like it or not. A million farmers are preferable over a dozen. Make it an entirely free market with no safety net and we would all be buying food from the same handful of people. It's a philosophical discussion worth having. But, a discussion nonetheless.
Where the fuck is this “cheap” food you speak of?

Tinesdown

Established Member
Where the fuck is this “cheap” food you speak of?
That about right look at a box of wheat thins 4 dollars a box an its not very much wheat in them. All the wheat goes out of country. All the farmers i know bin there yields an dont sell till a fair price comes an it is differentfrom the elevator price.

Tinesdown

Established Member
The farmers out west killed it on small grain never seen a higher yield dry ground 55 acres bushell. The water fields were 85 plus bush.
We had crazy rains in may through mid june it pushed the crop very high best i have seen.

Tinesdown

Established Member
We had crazy rains in may through mid june it pushed the crop very high best i have seen.
I might be talikng out my ass but yields up north of here were big they are pilling the grain out in fields big piles take 30 semi loads to suck it up.

Tinesdown

Established Member
Talking to your self might be time to lay off the sauce
Yeah u are rite about that but am still pumped that hunting season is coming the deer should be doing great in my area have not seen a growing season like this before. Had a 9 different bucks 2 years ago that were 2.5 or 3.5 so things are good but wintering deer are different than those in the area. The area i hunt has very few gun hunters the lsst 2 years less than 100 tags for a 200 longbmile unit.

Tinesdown

Established Member
Yeah u are rite about that but am still pumped that hunting season is coming the deer should be doing great in my area have not seen a growing season like this before. Had a 9 different bucks 2 years ago that were 2.5 or 3.5 so things are good but wintering deer are different than those in the area. The area i hunt has very few gun hunters the lsst 2 years less than 100 tags for a 200 longbmile unit.
That is the gratis deduction so those ponys are supposed to stay on the private. The mule deer are doing great here but all on private in the breaks. Occasianaly deer wonder on the public but its from my experience has to be a bad winter 2 plus feet of snow at Christmas last year we had it hear was 2018 picked up sets off deer that never lived where i hunt.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
1724813949392.jpeg

They are acclimated to equipment working in the fields. Took this pic with my phone. The bales are hauled off.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, nice damn antelope right there.

Rather than hoping one of the 3 people eligible to hunt your place finds you here on NDA, I'd suggest talking to your neighbors to see which one has a gratis tag and gently ushering him in that general direction.

Then again, if'n he were to stick around the area, you might want to get a gratis tag yourself next year and put that bugger on the wall!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which way do you want it ? Read post #8 , #9

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, nice damn antelope right there.

Rather than hoping one of the 3 people eligible to hunt your place finds you here on NDA, I'd suggest talking to your neighbors to see which one has a gratis tag and gently ushering him in that general direction.

Then again, if'n he were to stick around the area, you might want to get a gratis tag yourself next year and put that bugger on the wall!

Tinesdown

Established Member
Nice width no mass prolly 2.5 to 3.5 goat just saying hard to judge leaning 2.5
Used to judging trophy goats in mckenzie county so that is no doubt a baby. But cool u took a photo. Well looking at the pick again not a bad goat but look for alot of mass an good ones have big curls on the beams. Big dark mass from my expirence u see a big one u will know. cutters need to be 3.5 on a book buck. Given few make this category if u are drawn a tag in nd i would look over alot an try an pick one u want.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 140
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 42